Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[DEVE] Redux Website Project Development

Discussion on [DEVE] Redux Website Project Development within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 09/28/2016, 21:06   #16

elite*gold: 0
This is the first time of me seeing the website. It looks nice.
Old 09/28/2016, 23:20   #17

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
I don't know about u but when I was learning how to code I wasn't exactly doing heaps of research either rather than simply googling how to do certain things. How do it optimally or professionally wasn't even a thought at the time just "oh, I got it working! Awesome!"

I'm not* trying to justify the way that he's doing things either, just more so pointing out the standard of epvp (which I'm guilty to contributing to) where its just the norm. to **** on people who are trying to learn lol

That's part of the reason I never started posting until I was confident in myself.
That is actually what I did and still do... First get it working then clean up and improve the written code.
Obviously the quality of the code I write now is better.
Old 09/29/2016, 02:43   #18

pdo is more secure and easy way to make a full frames with little lines

but my dev going to be simple for none skills of php
to run co project u haven't to be prof in php lmao
Old 09/29/2016, 03:03   #19

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by - D View Post
pdo is more secure and easy way to make a full frames with little lines

but my dev going to be simple for none skills of php
to run co project u haven't to be prof in php lmao
I'm not just piling on the 'yell at random people' bandwagon but if you're going to run a co project you sure as hell better be a competent programmer.

No matter what language you are using, googling a bit of PHP code should be well within their grasp. Languages differ obviously in syntax but in core approaches are usually quite similar. Expecting someone who's running a server to be able to read a few lines of code, google them and understand is a very, very low entry point.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/29/2016, 11:27   #20

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
edit: u guys r probably like whoa wtf infamous was nice who is this guy
No one ever said that. <3

OP: If you start thinking about structure and usability, PHP will be a lot more smoother for you.

When it comes to your DB connection, but as I'm sure you're well aware of at this point; don't use mysql_*, it's deprecated and it's literally one more letter (mysqli) and you're running mysqli. Use this with prepared queries and normal sanitizing of inputs and you're set.

Don't define your connection on top of the file. Instead, pass along a global variable (the connection) wherever it's needed. Globals are highly controversial, so read up on it and decide for yourself.

And yeah.. Split front and backend. Don't echo out html. Don't run php-queries inside a huge html block. Best case scenario would be MVC - where you have a templates folder with just the different parts of front end, views folder with db-connection to load data and controller to save (register etc)
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/29/2016, 17:21   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Emme_ View Post
No one ever said that. <3

OP: If you start thinking about structure and usability, PHP will be a lot more smoother for you.

When it comes to your DB connection, but as I'm sure you're well aware of at this point; don't use mysql_*, it's deprecated and it's literally one more letter (mysqli) and you're running mysqli. Use this with prepared queries and normal sanitizing of inputs and you're set.

Don't define your connection on top of the file. Instead, pass along a global variable (the connection) wherever it's needed. Globals are highly controversial, so read up on it and decide for yourself.

And yeah.. Split front and backend. Don't echo out html. Don't run php-queries inside a huge html block. Best case scenario would be MVC - where you have a templates folder with just the different parts of front end, views folder with db-connection to load data and controller to save (register etc)
examples ?
Old 09/29/2016, 21:49   #22

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by - D View Post
examples ?

As for front end

Old 09/29/2016, 23:22   #23

There's a fun game, pick a random noun, add .js to it and search for this. If there's a frontend library named that, take a shot.
Thanks
1 User