Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[DEVE] Redux Website Project Development

Discussion on [DEVE] Redux Website Project Development within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb [DEVE] Redux Website Project Development

First of all i wish to advise. I am not a professional, i am scripting this to learn. I am making this website to help some people who can't handle #Redux_source with a website.

Used Languages:

Website Features:

Requirements:
MySQL 5+
PHP 5+
Redux Database

What i am need now to show up my simple works?

- Redux DB cuz of attachments failed to get it
- Any bud can help

Thanks
Old 09/27/2016, 07:50   #2

Why are you writing it in garbage?

Also don't use classic mysql in PHP LOL. It's the least secure thing existing.
Old 09/27/2016, 08:42   #3

I'd really like to see you work on something other than another PHP website. If you like web development, have you considered writing a website in a more relevant web technology? I'd like to know your thoughts on the matter. I'm no web developer, but I know something here isn't right about your technology stack. You're making this pretty difficult on yourself.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nov_16_Backup.zip (254.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 09/27/2016, 14:15   #4

elite*gold: 130
I wouldn't recommend you to work on payment systems since you don't have enough knowledge regarding some form of security. If you are going to do that at least keep it private since I am pretty sure some idiots are going to use it and think that it is safe.

If you are going to use PHP always sanitize the input and then save the data using prepared statements in the database.
Old 09/27/2016, 14:18   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Why are you writing it in garbage?
What do you mean i didn't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaft View Post
I'd really like to see you work on something other than another PHP website. If you like web development, have you considered writing a website in a more relevant web technology? I'd like to know your thoughts on the matter. I'm no web developer, but I know something here isn't right about your technology stack. You're making this pretty difficult on yourself.
You're right. But, U can start dev in co till you get prof skills !
The best way to learn is to insist on learning. why you attach the db !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by - D View Post
- Redux DB cuz of attachments failed to get it
There is no motivation, but frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
I wouldn't recommend you to work on payment systems since you don't have enough knowledge regarding some form of security.
how to secure it?

Quote:
If you are going to do that at least keep it private since I am pretty sure some idiots are going to use it and think that it is safe.
why it will be?

Quote:
If you are going to use PHP always sanitize the input and then save the data using prepared statements in the database.
sure i will. but as all know security is an illusion.
its conquer community fault they are not prof enough to pass this illusion
Old 09/28/2016, 01:54   #6

It's not so much about "professional skills", but using a language that will better assist you with web development. One that isn't complex or obsolete. You want to use a technology that's going to help you get your work done. If PHP is that technology for you, then ok - but I would recommend other technologies, if given the choice.
Old 09/28/2016, 03:23   #7

Quote:
It's not so much about "professional skills", but using a language that will better assist you with web development. One that isn't complex or obsolete. You want to use a technology that's going to help you get your work done. If PHP is that technology for you, then ok - but I would recommend other technologies, if given the choice.
thank you but what about ASP.NET ?
+ can you upload redux last db, if you c# files please upload it on google drive
Old 09/28/2016, 04:39   #8

Quote:
+ can you upload redux last db, if you c# files please upload it on google drive
I uploaded the backup already. And hm. I thought you were Decker by the slogan, name, picture, chinese, line of work, etc... but I'm now thinking I'm wrong. Regardless, I don't think I'm the person to talk to about C# related technologies. I dislike C# quite a lot. You'd probably get better advise from a web developer.
Old 09/28/2016, 05:59   #9

Quote:
I uploaded the backup already. And hm. I thought you were Decker by the slogan, name, picture, chinese, line of work, etc... but I'm now thinking I'm wrong. Regardless, I don't think I'm the person to talk to about C# related technologies. I dislike C# quite a lot. You'd probably get better advise from a web developer.
any way thank you
Old 09/28/2016, 08:06   #10

Quote:
What do you mean i didn't get it
I mean PHP is garbage.

Quote:
If you do ASP.NET do a MVC project, for database access consider Entity Framework.
Old 09/28/2016, 08:30   #11

Oh wow using the removed library of mysql.... Quit while you still can.
Old 09/28/2016, 12:05   #12

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
You guys are harshly being centered on the back-end of the website while the front-end is just as time consuming usually if not more... which just looking at his screenshot, I don't think it looks too bad.

Especially if this is simply meant as a learning experience for him.

edit: u guys r probably like whoa wtf infamous was nice who is this guy
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/28/2016, 13:56   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
You guys are harshly being centered on the back-end of the website while the front-end is just as time consuming usually if not more... which just looking at his screenshot, I don't think it looks too bad.

Especially if this is simply meant as a learning experience for him.

edit: u guys r probably like whoa wtf infamous was nice who is this guy
That may be so but from that single image with code, it doesn't seem like he did any research to what he wants to use or how he is going to do it.

Just that single mysql_connect() function:
Old 09/28/2016, 19:56   #14

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/28/2016, 20:18   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
I mean PHP is garbage.

If you do ASP.NET do a MVC project, for database access consider Entity Framework.
PHP has come a long way since 2012 so that link is really dated. There have been so many improvements since PHP5.x. There are a handful of frameworks available now that handle sanitation and database querying on a secure level. PHP is much more object oriented and most of the frameworks follow strict MVC architecture.

The OP should definitely move to PHP 7. The mysql_connect extension is now deprecated and you should now be using PDO (PHP Data Objects)