I would think you would just add a timer to the source that would save that sort of thing to the .ini files every let's say minute or so.
Not used the source but it sounds to me like using the /exit command is forcing the server to update all the .ini files and save everything. If you had an auto save timer built in, it would cause that to be less of an issue.
I would think you would just add a timer to the source that would save that sort of thing to the .ini files every let's say minute or so.
Not used the source but it sounds to me like using the /exit command is forcing the server to update all the .ini files and save everything. If you had an auto save timer built in, it would cause that to be less of an issue.
Talking about messed up ideas.
This is like sucking away your pc's memory usage.
Well obviously saving it any time it is changed would be preferred but apparently that's not coded into the source. The simple solution would be to have it auto update every few minutes. While yes, it would waste a bit of cpu power. running every few MINUTES would not exactly 'suck away' memory. Not talking about saving every single thing on the server, just talking about stuff that's not currently saving (such as guilds)
Talking about messed up ideas.
This is like sucking away your pc's memory usage.
Saving every few minutes wouldnt effect your memory usage provided the source cleans up after itself, i mean you never load your entire database into memory do you...so really it wouldnt effect memory usage at all.
But i agree with pro, saving everytime something is updated is the way to go.
5165 Login Bug. 07/30/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 5 Replies alright so I got a new dumbass bug...in my source when I make a new acc and try to login it gives me "Error! disconnected from gameserver, please re-login later!"...and in da console it gives me dis:
SystemArguementException: Item has already been added. key in dictionary "0" Key being added "0"
at ...\Database.cs line 1331 in da LoadCharacter void...and all I have there is dis
C.Skills.Add(S.ID, S);
and I really dont get wat it's tryin to tel me here...call me a nub or noob but I...
Guilds in 5165 06/07/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 5 Replies This problem is really REALLY weird. Last week I ran GW fine. No problems whatsoever. This week I try and run GW and all of a sudden i get a null reference exception in sendscore.. I tried stuff like resetting the guilds.dat and what not.
Login error 5165 02/21/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 16 Replies Alright I got my host today. I downloaded appserv, my 5165 source and yeah. I tried putting it on but error, so I was like "oh I forgot net framework" then i installed it and it goes online. But now, when I try to login from my pc, it shows this error and the loading bar gets stuck on my client. Here's a screeny.
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww257/moneygan g1111/hosterror.jpg
Closer image: http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww257/moneygang 1111/hosterror.jpg
Any suggestions?
5165 Login crash 01/31/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 3 Replies #Closed, Sorry guys found a solution i didnt look as thorougly as i thought