Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A couple of questions.

Discussion on A couple of questions. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 5,291
A couple of questions.

I want to know what in a source determines what client version the source is compatible with.
Can anybody explain that to me?

This next question is for those who know the AndreaCo/FutureCo Source that xelios released.
How can I set up my LOTF Source to have the NPCDialog.cs like they do?

And how do I add a new map to my server?
I would like to add that new map that TQ added to Conquer, its a Ice Dungeon or something.

All help is appreciated.
Old 10/14/2009, 05:31   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiku View Post
I want to know what in a source determines what client version the source is compatible with.
Can anybody explain that to me?
The cryptographer and the packet structures

This next question is for those who know the AndreaCo/FutureCo Source that xelios released.
How can I set up my LOTF Source to have the NPCDialog.cs like they do?
I don`t use these sources but if you tell me what it exactly does I might be able to help you

And how do I add a new map to my server?
I would like to add that new map that TQ added to Conquer, its a Ice Dungeon or something.
Frozen Grotto? I never did this but I guess that you either have to use the new client or use the map files from the newer client in an older one. If you have questions about maps, Zaitoichi is the best to talk to.

All help is appreciated.
Old 10/14/2009, 05:35   #3

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDeRnEcRo View Post

Your great help.
Do you know how I can make the source connect to a 5065 client?
Old 10/14/2009, 10:20   #4

You should update the encryption, add a new auth sock. and update the packets
Old 10/14/2009, 11:00   #5

Quote:
Great Spam , once more and ill make sure to request infraction on You...
Old 10/14/2009, 15:14   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiken View Post
Great Spam , once more and ill make sure to request infraction on You...
#request glasses
Maybe look at the quoted part? I posted my replies in black, underlined.
Old 10/14/2009, 19:24   #7

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
#request glasses
Maybe look at the quoted part? I posted my replies in black, underlined.
Hehee, some people just don't read. Yay for stupid people, right?

As for frozen groto, it works just fine in coemu so if you're using that source there is no reason to "add it". Besides, lotf is reallllyyy kinda fail anyways (and binaries are so much worse)

Only reason people use lotf really is because there is so much copy/paste things posted for it.
Old 10/14/2009, 19:31   #8

For the map you need to take out there files from Conquer/map/map, Conquer/map/scene, Conquer/map/Part, Conquer/map/puzzle, Conquer/data/map/puzzle, Conquer/data/map/cartoon, Conquer/data/map/mapobj, Conquer/data/map/Scene, Conquer/ani/icecrypt.ani

This includes the DMap, MSK, Scene, Part, PUL, & DDS files

If you dont want to take out the whole folder you can take the files needed out of the folders, the ones to take should be nicknamed something for frozen grotto, like Ape Mountain is canyon, etc.

It should be named icecrypt

Edit- NVM im pretty sure that most clients (even 5017) have this map, its named icecrypt and is pretty old....
Old 10/14/2009, 21:28   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post

As for frozen groto, it works just fine in coemu so if you're using that source there is no reason to "add it". Besides, lotf is reallllyyy kinda fail anyways (and binaries are so much worse)

Only reason people use lotf really is because there is so much copy/paste things posted for it.
My lotf doesn't fail..maybe even better than coemu :P
Old 10/14/2009, 22:02   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post

Okay students, this is what we call a "I-Agree-With-The-Most" post.
- LOTF has been used for a long time, therefore a lot of people know how to work with it.
- CoEmu is harder to use when you just want to have a server.
- CoEmu is organized, LOTF isn't, but I organized my LOTF source better than CoEmu is organized.
- If you want a good Source, make it from scratch, released stuff is known, therefore easier to bug in.
- Binaries are the best if you don't care about not having a source and being a leecher.
- CoEmu is coded much better than LOTF, but not everybody cares.

~Bas