Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I Need Ideas....

Discussion on I Need Ideas.... within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I Need Ideas....

If you think you will flame at this thread...stop right here... ( its about LOTF )

Anyway i think for no apparent reason i will code ( or try to code ) a VIP status for LOTF... i just need some ideas for things people can get or do if they are a VIP member.... ( This is not for money , since i do not own a server nor have a source )

If you have any ideas please just post in this thread with a little description...
Quote:

Example:

My Idea: Leveling Map

Description : This map can be only entered by VIP members and it has higher drop rates.
Old 04/10/2009, 16:16   #2

i think you're idea would require money in order to be plausible (a VIP system). and since most of the psrvrs are trying to break TQ's back, that wouldnt be the route to take. How else could it be done? Vip by virtue points? that would be skewed towards the archers, who get points for plvling their waters, so that wouldnt work. By what you observer in game as a GM? You cant be everywhere at once, and that would leave ppl unnoticed. Time in game...etc etc. most of those formula dont work. Tho, you're idea for a map with higher drops is cool, my suggestion, is to make a ticket, which can be won in the lotto, possession of this ticket in your inventory will allow the tele NPC to teleport you to the map. You could even do it on a time limit, and bounce the person after say 1 hour of time on that map, so it isnt abused with ppl logging out and returning there, and just staying online and wrecking havoc on your good intentions. hope that stirs your creativity some, pce.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/10/2009, 16:25   #3

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
i think you're idea would require money in order to be plausible (a VIP system). and since most of the psrvrs are trying to break TQ's back, that wouldnt be the route to take. How else could it be done? Vip by virtue points? that would be skewed towards the archers, who get points for plvling their waters, so that wouldnt work. By what you observer in game as a GM? You cant be everywhere at once, and that would leave ppl unnoticed. Time in game...etc etc. most of those formula dont work. Tho, you're idea for a map with higher drops is cool, my suggestion, is to make a ticket, which can be won in the lotto, possession of this ticket in your inventory will allow the tele NPC to teleport you to the map. You could even do it on a time limit, and bounce the person after say 1 hour of time on that map, so it isnt abused with ppl logging out and returning there, and just staying online and wrecking havoc on your good intentions. hope that stirs your creativity some, pce.
Hm, you're very intresting.
Please add my MSN, I want to have a chat with you

Old 04/10/2009, 16:52   #4

i added ya emme.

@ thread starter...
DO NOT do what TQ does with this, and reuse an icon for the ticket (like them using metscrolls icon for archer ticket and music book, ****** scoundrels wreaked havoc on teh market with that one >.<) take the literally 5 minutes to make a new icon, or at least RECOLOR something already in existence. Those tickets could easily be sold, so make em stand out nicley and show TQ that a little effort goes a long long way. Scammers will exploit any lapse in judgment you make, so think from their point of view.
Old 04/10/2009, 17:21   #5

Quote:
wow pro ideas man thx..

yeah ill probably if i do the ticket thing do some client side editing to change the name and description of the text and just put that as an update for people to download
Old 04/10/2009, 18:26   #6

Quote:
i added ya emme.

@ thread starter...
DO NOT do what TQ does with this, and reuse an icon for the ticket (like them using metscrolls icon for archer ticket and music book, ****** scoundrels wreaked havoc on teh market with that one >.<) take the literally 5 minutes to make a new icon, or at least RECOLOR something already in existence. Those tickets could easily be sold, so make em stand out nicley and show TQ that a little effort goes a long long way. Scammers will exploit any lapse in judgment you make, so think from their point of view.
I like the way your mind works... very intelligent..

I'm running through all these crappy ideas that are coming to mind.. and can't think of one that could be geared off of making the server fair to ALL classes..
Old 04/10/2009, 18:42   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffm574 View Post
I like the way your mind works... very intelligent..

I'm running through all these crappy ideas that are coming to mind.. and can't think of one that could be geared off of making the server fair to ALL classes..
what are you talking about like for non vip ?
Old 04/10/2009, 19:13   #8

honestly i think you should scrap the Nobility and VIP ideas. You could make them both for just in game money and remain FTP, but then your economy has a problem, insufficent gold. Everything will adjust around that, for sure, but your looking at a recession style start, which would be tough, depending on how you have marketing set up in game. and make no mistake, if you plan a leveling public server you need a functioning market, not susceptible to art money and other hacks. Another thing to realize is WHY nobility and and in game money VIP would be used. To reduce the amount of gold on a bloated server. over time the amount of gold will add up. this is inflation, which is an inflation of the money supply (USA's problem right now). Due to this naturally occurring economic force, the prices on your server will rise, gradually over time. You will need nobility and VIP or some other way to suck money out of your server, just dun worry about it now.
Old 04/10/2009, 20:38   #9

Quote:
honestly i think you should scrap the Nobility and VIP ideas. You could make them both for just in game money and remain FTP, but then your economy has a problem, insufficent gold. Everything will adjust around that, for sure, but your looking at a recession style start, which would be tough, depending on how you have marketing set up in game. and make no mistake, if you plan a leveling public server you need a functioning market, not susceptible to art money and other hacks. Another thing to realize is WHY nobility and and in game money VIP would be used. To reduce the amount of gold on a bloated server. over time the amount of gold will add up. this is inflation, which is an inflation of the money supply (USA's problem right now). Due to this naturally occurring economic force, the prices on your server will rise, gradually over time. You will need nobility and VIP or some other way to suck money out of your server, just dun worry about it now.
so do you mean like it should make people lose money? so that way it wont be like everyone having lots of money? im getting lost
Old 04/10/2009, 20:55   #10

yeah, TQ didnt add VIP and nobility just to give you pot points (potency) - they added it as a creative way to solve the problem of runaway inflation. you could easily start your server with it, and maybe that would be better than adding it later, it'd be an economical experiment really. you noticed how the value of gold rose after nobility...the prices came down, there was less gold, so it was worth more. and marketers were forced to lower prices to stay in buisness (the ones who adapted anyway, or better yet saw it coming and liquidated XD before the gold left the servers). You would need a system like nobility to lower the amount of gold on the server, making it more valuable again. You can of course change the drop rates, but that will not solve the problem of hoarders, ppl like myself who in game have a massive stash at times of money and gears. changing the drop rate wont affect them, except to benefit them - same as it would the other players. the rich get rich and stay rich. nobility will give those players with alot of cash potency, but it will fix your economy if you have too much gold in circulation. Basically this is all crucial, because if your server was private, you could give gold away to your friends, who cares. But with a public FTp (free to play) server, ppl need to be able to make a living. you will need the crucial quests too, like BM and MB. Most ppl have no idea how important BM (blue mouse) is to a server. and how it can be abused! (lolz).
Old 04/11/2009, 06:43   #11

Quote:
yeah, TQ didnt add VIP and nobility just to give you pot points (potency) - they added it as a creative way to solve the problem of runaway inflation. you could easily start your server with it, and maybe that would be better than adding it later, it'd be an economical experiment really. you noticed how the value of gold rose after nobility...the prices came down, there was less gold, so it was worth more. and marketers were forced to lower prices to stay in buisness (the ones who adapted anyway, or better yet saw it coming and liquidated XD before the gold left the servers). You would need a system like nobility to lower the amount of gold on the server, making it more valuable again. You can of course change the drop rates, but that will not solve the problem of hoarders, ppl like myself who in game have a massive stash at times of money and gears. changing the drop rate wont affect them, except to benefit them - same as it would the other players. the rich get rich and stay rich. nobility will give those players with alot of cash potency, but it will fix your economy if you have too much gold in circulation. Basically this is all crucial, because if your server was private, you could give gold away to your friends, who cares. But with a public FTp (free to play) server, ppl need to be able to make a living. you will need the crucial quests too, like BM and MB. Most ppl have no idea how important BM (blue mouse) is to a server. and how it can be abused! (lolz).
**** i like the way u think keep this up and i could see a future mod in the making