Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Dmaps/DynMaps

Discussion on Dmaps/DynMaps within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,107
Dmaps/DynMaps

really is there any freaking good working Dmap loader that doesent go off when you check a walk on a bridges coords/or step near a swamp/at least allows you to add a stupid dynamic map to its maps collection.
or i should waste tons of time to learn and create my own ?

Old 06/19/2011, 09:30   #2

Hmm... i'm not sure. I simply created my own. You could check out TinyMaps from the release section... but I've never looked at that. Scenes are tricky. You could try making picture maps like the system Tommy and I had in Elite CoEmu, but the problem with the public one is that it doesn't load scenes. You have to record the points that don't work and add them in using Microsoft Paint. I don't think there are any good ones out there atm. =\
Old 06/19/2011, 09:39   #3

Received Thanks: 1,107
i did that TinyMap one and i did korvacs one both doesent work at the dis city/twin city map bridges (well the TinyMap did a little bit better at TC bridge LOL) turns/corners never works
Old 06/19/2011, 10:28   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by { Angelius } View Post
i did that TinyMap one and i did korvacs one both doesent work at the dis city/twin city map bridges (well the TinyMap did a little bit better at TC bridge LOL) turns/corners never works
Hahahahahahaha
I just looked at TinyMap ....
They're loading the scenes... Upside-down.
Yikes. Well, scenes are tricky as I said... and for people that are lazy programmers - that's right, lazy - they have the bugs and never get much closer to refining their work. There's something with cognitive skill where incentives don't mean anything. Mechanical skills = Performance. Cognitive skills aren't that straight forward. Aka. the best coders on here are the noobs being perfectionists. Try debugging it and using the map loader's source. Go to Birth Village and you'll notice that *heyooo* the scene files on the rocks are upside down.. (that's how I noticed it when I copied the code from Impulse's source). Copying + pasting files into your source isn't always the best choice! Always make sure that it runs properly. Debug every aspect of it and rewrite it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/19/2011, 12:16   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Mine works completely, it was fully tested with the bridges.

Edit:

Heres some pictures of a tool using the DmapLoader.dll to load the data:

Old 06/19/2011, 13:16   #6

elite*gold: 28
I would assume sparkie's one works too?
Old 06/19/2011, 13:26   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
I would assume sparkie's one works too?
I wouldnt assume that anything of sparkies actually works 100% to be honest, and im pretty sure he never wrote a dmap loader .dll of any sort.
Old 06/19/2011, 14:53   #8

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by { Angelius } View Post
You're thinking of this backwards...

There's no need to add dynamic maps to a dmap collection because the data is already loaded in.

Dynamic maps are COPIES of existing maps. What you need to be doing is write your MAP (not dmap) system so that it has a basemap id which it uses for all its validity checks.

I've never had any issues with korvs dmap system when it comes to bridges but I do remember some people saying there were some issues with fine corners as well as the whole birth village thing.

Basically.. find a DMAP system that works and then write your MAP system in such a way that it accepts map id and basemap id.

Personally my map system essentially is just this...

Collection of ILocatableObjects which lets us query based on rectangular space to pull screen items, search based on uid (regardless of object type), insert, remove and then run validity checks for point and translation type movements (IE: point is valid... as well as a distance/height check for an actual from>to translation). We then have a dynamic id and base id which is setup when you create an instance of a map.

For dynamic maps in this case I just set for example.... owner uid as the map id and there's no issue with dmap checking cause it's still using the base map (arena map for example)
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/19/2011, 17:12   #9

elite*gold: 28
Hybrids map system ftw.
Old 06/19/2011, 18:06   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Hahahahahahaha
I just looked at TinyMap ....
They're loading the scenes... Upside-down.
Yikes. Well, scenes are tricky as I said... and for people that are lazy programmers - that's right, lazy - they have the bugs and never get much closer to refining their work. There's something with cognitive skill where incentives don't mean anything. Mechanical skills = Performance. Cognitive skills aren't that straight forward. Aka. the best coders on here are the noobs being perfectionists. Try debugging it and using the map loader's source. Go to Birth Village and you'll notice that *heyooo* the scene files on the rocks are upside down.. (that's how I noticed it when I copied the code from Impulse's source). Copying + pasting files into your source isn't always the best choice! Always make sure that it runs properly. Debug every aspect of it and rewrite it.
Thanks for the constructive criticism, but they do not load the scenes upside down.
Then again, I use a newer version of my TinyMaps.
Old 06/19/2011, 18:46   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kinshi View Post
Thanks for the constructive criticism, but they do not load the scenes upside down.
Seems to me that the original poster doesnt know how to setup the loaders correctly, most likely not including the scene files along side the dmaps?

Thats the only explanation i can think of...
Old 06/19/2011, 20:28   #12

Quote:
Hm. I didn't set it up in my source, but if you'd like to check (since I had this problem and it took me 2 hours to figure out the problem existed), go to Birth Village and walk along the rocks. If they're loading upside-down, then you won't be able to run across all four squares on each rock.
Old 06/20/2011, 00:20   #13

Well, they're not loaded upside-down, maybe it could just be improved.
I'm probably missing stuff in the DMap loading process :P

(Birth Villiage, scenes in yellow)
Attached Images
File Type: png 1010.png (1.4 KB, 113 views)
Old 06/20/2011, 01:13   #14

Thats exactly how mine loads aswell and i load everything for the dmap loading process that includes cordinates, its probably just an oversight on TQs part, considering that every other map loads perfectly.
Old 06/20/2011, 01:18   #15

Quote:
Well, they're not loaded upside-down, maybe it could just be improved.
I'm probably missing stuff in the DMap loading process :P

(Birth Villiage, scenes in yellow)
Well, if they were loading upside down (like the ones I copied from Impulse were), then each group of tiles would be loaded upside-down (possibly inverted too). The only way to really check is to walk across them. Did you walk on the 4 tiles that make up each rock? It probably works fine if it does- but just by how it sounds from the op- it might be a problem.
Closed Thread