Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Send Effect

Discussion on Send Effect within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Send Effect

Source: 5165 NCS

Alright, I've removed the nobility icon from my server completely; The reason so, I am creating my own nobility system.

What my question is, where does it send the (king, queen, prince, etc) effect when you teleport/jump into someones screen?

Thanks for any help.
Old 06/02/2011, 02:19   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
It doesn't... the nobility rank is part fo the spawn entity packet. When you spawn a character the packet used has an offset that holds nobility rank. If you want to not show it, simply do not write to that offset and if you DO want it showing you need to write to it w/ correct value.
Old 06/02/2011, 02:21   #3

Received Thanks: 1,107
spawn Entity packet (10014) offset 117 + the nobility icon packet it self

Edite: never mind pro answered it
Old 06/02/2011, 05:47   #4

Hmm, well I did it a different way to make it not show the nobility icon:

I marked off this line:
GC.AddSend(Packets.Donators(GC.MyChar.EntityID));

So my main question is: How would I make it so the king effect comes in, when I teleport, and when someone jumps in my screen; Although I do think only other players can see the effect, not yourself.

I think that's the only time the effect shows.

Thanks

Update/Bump:

So I've managed to send the effect when you log in, by placing these codes in the doneloading void:
GC.AddSend(Packets.String(GC.MyChar.EntityID, 10, "coronet4"));
GC.AddSend(Packets.String(GC.MyChar.EntityID, 10, "letter7"));

Although I'm still not sure whether yourself see's the effect, or only surrounding players.
So I'm still looking for a answer on how to send the effect if a player is in your screen, and when you teleport. I could probably send the effect on teleport, but so I can see it aswell as other players. BUT, still not sure whether I see it, and the players see it, or only the players see it; if so, I need help doing that.

Best Regards
Old 06/04/2011, 07:41   #5

Bumparoo..

Still need help.
Old 06/04/2011, 18:58   #6

Just send the spawn packet with their nobility. Sending the effect to the client would take more resources, because it will only show for the client it self. You would need to send the same packet to all the other players. That's why using the spawn entity packet would be better, because then you don't need to send another packet.