Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reducing lag in TG

Discussion on Reducing lag in TG within the CO2 Guides & Templates forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
This is a simple guide for a simple purpose. I think you will need multiclient to do this.

Step 1
Go to the directory where you iinstalled CO and copy the whole CO folder
Step 2
paste that folder into another directory
Step 3
open up the 3deffect file (located in Conquer 2.0\ini\3deffect.ini
Step 4
delete the contents of this file and save it
Step 5
make a shortcut for the play.exe of the new CO you made and place it on the destop or startr menu.

Now you have 2 CO's to play - one is the normal one and the other is one that should only be used for going to TG. If you use the TG client for any other purpose i take no responsibility for anything that may happen. If you are attacked you will see no damage above you and you may die. Only use the TG client to go to TG or market where you cannot be pked.
Old 01/01/2007, 06:24   #2

or u can use this..its just afew clicks and it will be done..save alot of time and work xD
Old 01/01/2007, 12:38   #3

thx..works great
Old 01/01/2007, 13:06   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by mrbean1234@Jan 1 2007, 06:24

or u can use this..its just afew clicks and it will be done..save alot of time and work xD
you could use that but some people dont trust programs and this is aimed at those people.
Tis is an alternative to using the effect removal tool which anybody can do themselves.
Old 01/01/2007, 14:16   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by masterflame+Jan 1 2007, 13:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (masterflame @ Jan 1 2007, 13:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--mrbean1234@Jan 1 2007, 06:24

you could use that but some people dont trust programs and this is aimed at those people.
Tis is an alternative to using the effect removal tool which anybody can do themselves. [/b][/quote]
well i can agree on tt..but try to trust these programs since it got scaned and its kinda safe to use..just to save time..if not do it the way he did it..by making a backup copy of 3Deffect and then clear all text in the 3Deffect to remove the effects
Old 01/01/2007, 16:39   #6

bah, there was a rly good guide on CO2 forums which reduced CPU useage to like 2% but it was unstickied
Old 01/02/2007, 06:03   #7

i think that is better than the remove effect program
Old 01/02/2007, 06:21   #8

Sry for double post. I kno a better way, a modfied method instead of making a copy of co folder. You can make copy of 3deffect and 3deffect2 into another folder, while deleting the 3deffect and 3deffect2 in the conquer 2.0/ini. When u r out of tg MAKE SURE u copy back the 3deffect and 3deffect into conquer 2.0/ini. It say alot of space on ur computer.