Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Call of Duty
You last visited: Today at 22:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How Activision Should Handle Cheating

Discussion on How Activision Should Handle Cheating within the Call of Duty forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How Activision Should Handle Cheating

Activision's handling of cheating is not only leaving a lot of money on the table but also pushing away a lot of players out of the game.

If I were Activision and especially seeing how many people pay for cheats and spoofers I'd charge to get your account back with either a cap before you're permanently banned. HWID banned should only happen after let's say 3+ permanent bans.

They don't even need to make it public. Just lose the license to modern warfare and say warzone needs to be bought now if your account has been shadow banned.

In any case, so many ways to rehabilitate "cheaters" and make money along the way. Yet they're being archaic, rigid and not-communicative.

This smells like incompetence at the highest level if anything. There are way smaller games that have warning systems and such. That's mostly because they have the technology to detect the type of cheats and respond accordingly.

At this point COD can ban you for just having visual studio and you're coding something nothing related to COD while also playing it (say taking a break from work)
Old 08/21/2021, 06:54   #2

Yea this isn’t a good idea. If they banned me, I’d just keep coming back.
Old 08/21/2021, 07:12   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodFud View Post
Yea this isn’t a good idea. If they banned me and did this I’d just keep coming back.
Interesting... i wonder how many think like you.

I've noticed a few people wanting to play clean after all losing multiple machines and accounts.

Does this forum have a poll?
Old 08/21/2021, 07:16   #4

They would never do this and for obvious reasons.

Also the normie playerbase would FLIP out.
Old 08/21/2021, 08:08   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfrapp0x0309 View Post
Activision's handling of cheating is not only leaving a lot of money on the table but also pushing away a lot of players out of the game.

If I were Activision and especially seeing how many people pay for cheats and spoofers I'd charge to get your account back with either a cap before you're permanently banned. HWID banned should only happen after let's say 3+ permanent bans.

They don't even need to make it public. Just lose the license to modern warfare and say warzone needs to be bought now if your account has been shadow banned.

In any case, so many ways to rehabilitate "cheaters" and make money along the way. Yet they're being archaic, rigid and not-communicative.

This smells like incompetence at the highest level if anything. There are way smaller games that have warning systems and such. That's mostly because they have the technology to detect the type of cheats and respond accordingly.

At this point COD can ban you for just having visual studio and you're coding something nothing related to COD while also playing it (say taking a break from work)
Another EO guy being shaken by anti cheat announcement
Old 08/21/2021, 13:22   #6

Quote:
Interesting... i wonder how many think like you.

I've noticed a few people wanting to play clean after all losing multiple machines and accounts.

Does this forum have a poll?
Nobody loses machines because everyone I know just uses a spoofer of some sort
Old 08/21/2021, 17:45   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodFud View Post
Nobody loses machines because everyone I know just uses a spoofer of some sort
I was streaming clean.
Cheese was used in private to mess around as it made the game less stressful and "grinding" like.
Old 08/22/2021, 00:34   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayoter View Post
Im nervous
About what?
Old 08/22/2021, 01:02   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayoter View Post
Im nervous
Don't feel down dude. Activision is extremely unskilled and stupid. As much as they falsely ban many, they can as easily miss you for whatever reason.

Maybe they're mistaking you for a streamer
Is your alias something like Zlaner, Aydan or Huskers? 😂
Old 08/22/2021, 06:20   #10

Quote:

I don't like to use this quote, but it often reflects the truth. 'Once a cheater, always a cheater. I can personally say that cheating in video games has affected me a lot in this regard, I find myself looking up cheats for games I don't even own/play lmao. Sometimes I just play a different game for the sake of using a cheat. I highly doubt most people will try to play clean when they've been conditioned to play with cheats for a long time. If I don't have a 2D Radar or a slight aimbot in my game, I feel like I'm lacking something and start to not enjoy it. Do I have an addiction?
Old 08/22/2021, 06:34   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrawPoint View Post
I don't like to use this quote, but it often reflects the truth. 'Once a cheater, always a cheater. I can personally say that cheating in video games has affected me a lot in this regard, I find myself looking up cheats for games I don't even own/play lmao. Sometimes I just play a different game for the sake of using a cheat. I highly doubt most people will try to play clean when they've been conditioned to play with cheats for a long time. If I don't have a 2D Radar or a slight aimbot in my game, I feel like I'm lacking something and start to not enjoy it. Do I have an addiction?

Interesting! I mean I see the allure don’t get me wrong but the cost of spoofers/cheese adds up.

I am biased to not game as I could be doing other things.

That said, if I had retirement money tomorrow, I’d probably start gaming on the regular. It’s a luxury when you have kids, family and bills.
Old 08/22/2021, 06:56   #12

Quote:
This is normal.

It is like window shopping for cheats.

It only becomes an issue when you literally cannot play ANY game without cheats.

Splitgate has recently shown me that some games can be fun without cheats too
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/22/2021, 07:05   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMUonaFFAR View Post
This is normal.

It is like window shopping for cheats.

It only becomes an issue when you literally cannot play ANY game without cheats.

Splitgate has recently shown me that some games can be fun without cheats too
You're right, games like Splitgate, Ark, Minecraft, etc... are fun without cheats and pretty pointless to use cheats IMO.
Old 08/23/2021, 00:01   #14

elite*gold: 51
Received Thanks: 2,064
Quote:
You're right, games like Splitgate, Ark, Minecraft, etc... are fun without cheats and pretty pointless to use cheats IMO.
Splitgate has a massive cheating problem right now, lol.
Old 08/23/2021, 00:05   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by -0x41^4- View Post
Splitgate has a massive cheating problem right now, lol.
They're actually doing quite well detecting cheats, I got banned on an account I was using a color triggerbot, lasted few games lol. But game is fun anyway and casual.