Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Crafting Guide

Discussion on Crafting Guide within the Cabal Guides & Templates forum part of the Cabal Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Crafting Guide

Before you flame or accuse anything, hear me out first. I found the upgrade guide we have currently too simple and also it might be a bit hard to understand for the newbies. So this is Larg's version of upgrading guide.

1. Starting out

The core alchemist npc should be the main interest for everyone, there is one in every town. But at the moment, Fort Ruina's core alchemist does not include upgrading services.

2. The upgrade window

After clicking the upgrade options when you talked to the core alchemist, you will come to this window. They are three columns which you should take note of:

- The item you're upgrading
- Force cores/Upgrade cores
- Catalyst

2.1 Upgrading the equipment

Important - the equipment you're upgrading must be slotted!

Don't get confused with another term of upgrading in this game. Just remember upgrades at the core alchemist uses Force cores while the other uses Upgrade Cores (low/medium/high) and doesn't require the usage of the core alchemist. Another thing to note of the equipment is that they may come in one or two slots. The cash shop (not yet available) has an item called a slot extender which can further extend slots on your slotted equipment. But if I'm not wrong, the maximum you can achieve is only three slots.

Quote:

INFO ON SLOT EXTENDERS: Slot extenders like core enhancers exist in forms like upgrade cores (low/med/high) and on what equipment you may use with depends on their grade. Using a slot extender will enhance stats on an equipment (and not forgetting to extend the number of slots by one of course) and at the same time, binding it permanently to your account. So think carefully before you use it and of course it's more worthwhile to use on two slot equipments rather than one slot/unslotted. This results in more planning due to a fact a slot extender can only be used on an equipment once.

Certain stats like amp will remain unchanged even if a slot extender is used. Lastly, slot extenders will improve crafted stats along with upgraded stats (see the Osmium GS screenshot below for reference).

Overall recommendation: If possible, get a crafted equipment with two slots. Fill up the two slots with whatever upgrade you desire and then use the slot extender.

Slotted equipment can only be gotten off mobs, quest or bought off players. Two slots equipments off mobs are of course, uncommon.

2.2 Cores

Then comes the important part of the upgrade you can't do without, force cores. They are the one responsible for the options that may be given to your slotted equipment. Please note the following...

1) For level 1 upgrades, only one force core is needed
2) For level 2 upgrades, you need two force cores but there is only a 25% chance to achieve a level 2 upgrade and furthermore, what you may get is completely random.
3) The last slot is used for upgrade cores BUT it's to increase the overall success chance. And the better the core, the higher the success chance. (Alternatively, you can also use one force core and two upgrade cores if you want a higher success chance on your level 1 upgrade)
4) With two slot equipment, the chance for success per slot reduces to 50%.

2.3 Catalyst

The catalyst is to determine which stat your equipment you're upgrading will have. And your catalyst must be slotted so don't be surprised if you cannot place a non slotted equipment inside.

An upgraded (eg. +1/2/3/4...) catalyst will further increase the success chance. See the difference in success chance as compared to the first screenshot? (my catalyst is a +5 in my case)

Refer to the picture below to see what catalyst gives what stat

*NEWLY UPDATED LVL 2 UPGRADE STAT TABLE* (credits as listed in the table, source from Cabal EU)

Things to take note of:

1) Some equipment are unable to receive a certain stat (eg. in the first row, only boots and suits are able to achieve a HP stat)
2) Just in case people forget, level 2 upgrades are random and cannot be determined by the use of catalysts. But to play safe, always make sure what level 1 upgrade you want if the level 2 upgrade fails. (reason being if you didn't make to a level 2 upgrade, at least the next option will be the desired stat you want thanks to the catalyst instead of a random level 1 upgrade stat)
3) The catalyst used must either be one grade less/equal or many grades higher than the equipment you're upgrading (eg. for Osmium, as a catalyst the lowest grade usable is Shadow Titanium. Anything Osmium or higher is usable)
4) If you fail an upgrade, only the catalyst and force core (or upgrade cores) used will be gone. The equip you're upgrading still remains.
5) Regarding the upgrade stats list, there are "mistakes" pointed out by a lot of people. The only reason i can think of is that this is not an updated list but for what stats you can achieve remains correct.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/18/2008, 07:58   #2

this guide is useful this should be stickied as well
Old 05/18/2008, 13:02   #3

credit original topic starter -.- there isn't any credit. I can find this thread in Cabalsea forum
Old 05/19/2008, 09:38   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1x1 View Post
credit original topic starter -.- there isn't any credit. I can find this thread in Cabalsea forum
- original topic..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo13
this guide is useful this should be stickied as well
yeaps it surely helps!
Old 05/20/2008, 21:32   #5

He opened more of these threads. He stole it all from the Cabal Community Forums...
Ban pls.
Old 05/22/2008, 14:58   #6

lolx copied and pasted from cabalsea forum
Old 05/22/2008, 16:44   #7

elite*gold: 20
I donīt stick this thread because itīs only a copy from the original Cabal Forum.