Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > C/C++
You last visited: Today at 06:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

need some help with including lua into my c++ dll

Discussion on need some help with including lua into my c++ dll within the C/C++ forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 778
The Black Market: 259/10/0
need some help with including lua into my c++ dll

wasted several hours today trying to fix it but without any success

i wrote a small c++ framework whch i inject into some process
decided to implement some lua scripting with binds to my c++ functions
found LuaIntF which i tried to implement but im stuck somehow

when i include lua.hpp and compile my dll i am not able to inject it anymore (LoadLibrary on remote process failed)
when i remove the lua.hpp include i am able to inject the built dll again

i have no ******* clue where the problem is located

tried with 5.3.4 from nuget
and i also tried with different version directly from source from lua.org

project is x64/debug currently

it somehow doesnt let me inject my dll when the lua lib is linked
Old 06/18/2017, 09:02   #2

elite*gold: 0
For the easiest method of binding Lua I'd suggest Luabind. This will require you to use Lua 5.1.x though if you are fine with going down to the more used version of Lua.

There is a boost-removed version on Github here:

You may want to look into the forks of this though for newer updates/fixes from community members that have not pulled in their changes to the main repo.

As for failing to inject, if you are not compiling Lua as a static library then you need to make sure that your Lua dll is in the same folder as the game.
Old 06/18/2017, 09:51   #3

elite*gold: 778
The Black Market: 259/10/0
nvm fixed it.... had to place the lua.dll inside the path where the process is located i am injecting to

._.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
For the easiest method of binding Lua I'd suggest Luabind. This will require you to use Lua 5.1.x though if you are fine with going down to the more used version of Lua.

There is a boost-removed version on Github here:

You may want to look into the forks of this though for newer updates/fixes from community members that have not pulled in their changes to the main repo.

As for failing to inject, if you are not compiling Lua as a static library then you need to make sure that your Lua dll is in the same folder as the game.
thx havent read ur post until i alrdy figured this out ^^