Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Aion > Aion Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Release - Open-Source] Launcher + Zip Updater.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Wink [Release - Open-Source] Launcher + Zip Updater.

Hello Aion world You must register and activate your account in order to view images. ,

I've decided to move to Aion development, so I can't just enter the forums with just saying "Hello world!".

so, here's a little open source release, its a launcher with bin32 updater (using zip files as patch files).

Features:

• Zip updater from live server.
• Server status check.
• Custom progressBar + title bar.

Setup guide:

You can download and configure it following this guide:

First! you must add your launcher page on the browser, see the picture:

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

After then, you'll need to edit those settings in the Form1.cs top rows:

Please don't forget the "/" at the end!.

+

+

If you use a custom one:

Now you're ready and set to work!

Updating screenshot:

And on the end, please don't remove the copyrights notice, that's the only thing I want back from you.

and forgive me if there are any bugs or errors, because this is my first Aion related release.

Thanks for:

- yxcvbn1
- GamePortal Team
- TheChinStrap

With all regards,

Musta.

Thanks
8 Users
Old   #2

Source is not compatible with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_extreme View Post
Source is not compatible with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.
Made with Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate.

Check if this will work with 2010.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AionLaunch.zip (517 Bytes, 417 views)
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

Awesome man!

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

Musta2222 Excellent work on this launcher!!! ill be giving rep ^>^

Two questions though

1. When i run it in the program files section, it downloads but wont extract, but works perfect anywhere else (e.g. My Desktop) It downloads, then sit's on updating please wait...

2. How can i change the Title? Not the credits ill do as you ask and leave those, since you worked so hard on this
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz2289 View Post
Musta2222 Excellent work on this launcher!!! ill be giving rep ^>^

Two questions though

1. When i run it in the program files section, it downloads but wont extract, but works perfect anywhere else (e.g. My Desktop) It downloads, then sit's on updating please wait...

2. How can i change the Title? Not the credits ill do as you ask and leave those, since you worked so hard on this
Question 1:

If it was running in administrator account it should work perfectly, because it asks for UAC Administrator rights, but ill manage to fix that if there are any bugs.

Question 2:

Simply change the label's text property on the bottom right after clicking on it.

#update: I found it to be working under one term, if I run it as Administrator.

And thanks for the rep
Old   #7

Yea it does run as admin but it fails to update files.... so it never makes it to "extracting...."
Old   #8

Quote:
Yea it does run as admin but it fails to update files.... so it never makes it to "extracting...."
Well, I did got it to work on my IIS Folder on Program Files, however, you must copy all the dll's at the output folder when you want it to work perfectly, and check if your anti-virus is not blocking it from updating.

And, I'll test it on Windows 7 on my VM once I'm home.

Musta.
Old   #9

Ok thanks cause i can use it anywhere without the DLL's but ill try it in prof files with the dll when my vps goes back up
Old   #10

Quote:
Ok thanks cause i can use it anywhere without the DLL's but ill try it in prof files with the dll when my vps goes back up
The Ionic.Zip.dll is responsible has the extraction function.
And GamePortalCPB.dll is for the custom progress bar.

So, both dll's are important to work correctly.
Old   #11

Wow, Musta. And i had respect for you, man. This is a cleaned up version of my launcher for Rappelz. If you don't believe it, have a look: Also, look at the methods he's using. Ionic zip, server version, local version, not to mention the version file in the client.

I wouldn't mind, honestly, but It would have been nice to be asked, perhaps even included in the credits. This is low, musta. I had respect for you, dude. :-/
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChinStrap View Post
Wow, Musta. And i had respect for you, man. This is a cleaned up version of my launcher for Rappelz. If you don't believe it, have a look: Also, look at the methods he's using. Ionic zip, server version, local version, not to mention the version file in the client.

I wouldn't mind, honestly, but It would have been nice to be asked, perhaps even included in the credits. This is low, musta. I had respect for you, dude. :-/
I have to say that you didn't download and check it's code, you can tell that mine and your are using two different methods, I can credit you for the zip extraction code, but the Ionic.Zip.dll is a public open source project!

I can't see really why you're really mad, even the html code it self-coded, if the design looks like it, doesn't mean that I copied pasted the same code, I'm better that that.

Sorry, but this is a different method, download method for each function (downloads the version files which is located in one file "non-xml" like you use, then checks if it matches, then downloads the zip, extract it, even the download method is different).
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuStA2222 View Post
I have to say that you didn't download and check it's code, you can tell that mine and your are using two different methods, I can credit you for the zip extraction code, but the Ionic.Zip.dll is a public open source project!

I can't see really why you're really mad, even the html code it self-coded, if the design looks like it, doesn't mean that I copied pasted the same code, I'm better that that.

Sorry, but this is a different method, download method for each function (downloads the version files which is located in one file "non-xml" like you use, then checks if it matches, then downloads the zip, extract it, even the download method is different).
Oh please... You didn't even bother to rename the strings. At least be a man and admit it. Something as trvial as xml vs txt file... That's supposed to convince me that you've written this from scratch? How absurd. I honestly held you in higher regard than this.
Old   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChinStrap View Post
Oh please... You didn't even bother to rename the strings. At least be a man and admit it. Something as trvial as xml vs txt file... That's supposed to convince me that you've written this from scratch? How absurd. I honestly held you in higher regard than this.
I did wrote it from the scratch! I told you the only thing I took from your code was the zipFile part, that's allready public in dotnetzip at codeplex, and still say sorry for doing so, but it's a public build anyways. and me not renaming strings that's the way I code all my projects, never renamed strings at all.

However, please compare both projects together to see the major difference in the code!

I respect you, and still do, and hope that you do admit the major difference in the whole source code.
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuStA2222 View Post
I did wrote it from the scratch! I told you the only thing I took from your code was the zipFile part, that's allready public in dotnetzip at codeplex, and still say sorry for doing so, but it's a public build anyways. and me not renaming strings that's the way I code all my projects, never renamed strings at all.

However, please compare both projects together to see the major difference in the code!

I respect you, and still do, and hope that you do admit the major difference in the whole source code.
There are differences in the code. But it is entirely too obvious that you started with my launcher as a boiler plate. I am NOT referring to Ionic Zip. The strings in your launcher are the same. The method it uses for comparing file versions is the same. Even the file name it uses for the local version and it's format are the same. I made that launcher quick and sloppy for epvp, and honestly, I don't care who uses it, what they use it for, where it get's shared... But if someone uses my work, especially to put their name on it, I would appreciate, at minimum, mention of my name.

Thanks
1 User