Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Aion > Aion Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Release - Open-Source] Launcher + Zip Updater.

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChinStrap View Post
There are differences in the code. But it is entirely too obvious that you started with my launcher as a boiler plate. I am NOT referring to Ionic Zip. The strings in your launcher are the same. The method it uses for comparing file versions is the same. Even the file name it uses for the local version and it's format are the same. I made that launcher quick and sloppy for epvp, and honestly, I don't care who uses it, what they use it for, where it get's shared... But if someone uses my work, especially to put their name on it, I would appreciate, at minimum, mention of my name.
I did told you, yes I used your zipFiles function, beside the look that every launcher looks the same, the color is the same used in all of our GamePortal releases, and the UI is close to your, it looks the same, but as a coder you that the design is just the base of the work, you won't get it functioning correctly without a code, that is I did change everything on it, to keep myself away from such things, but still happening, anyways about the version (local version) since it's the same, I will change it, anything else?

I think the things you're complaining about are minor things, an extention of a file, a UI design or a way of remote-local version check (which any launcher uses).

Old   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuStA2222 View Post
I did told you, yes I used your zipFiles function, beside the look that every launcher looks the same, the color is the same used in all of our GamePortal releases, and the UI is close to your, it looks the same, but as a coder you that the design is just the base of the work, you won't get it functioning correctly without a code, that is I did change everything on it, to keep myself away from such things, but still happening, anyways about the version (local version) since it's the same, I will change it, anything else?

I think the things you're complaining about are minor things, an extention of a file, a UI design or a way of remote-local version check (which any launcher uses).
You obviously will say anything and argue as much as is necessary to deny this aligation, and honestly, I don't care enough to continue. It was innadequate code when I wrote it, and it's innadequate as rewritten (Although definitely cleaner and better looking). It is still sad to me that you will refuse to give due credit, but rather than fighting you, I'll give you a tip;

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuStA2222 View Post
remote-local version check (which any launcher uses).
Instead of checking a local version, especially in the way it is here, try using an md5 checksum. With the local version file, all i have to do is open it in a text editor, change the value to 1000000, and I'll never be forced into another update. With md5 checksum comparison every file will always be compared against the one on the server.

And with that I wash my hands of this thread.
Bye.

Old   #18

Quote:
You obviously will say anything and argue as much as is necessary to deny this aligation, and honestly, I don't care enough to continue. It was innadequate code when I wrote it, and it's innadequate as rewritten (Although definitely cleaner and better looking). It is still sad to me that you will refuse to give due credit, but rather than fighting you, I'll give you a tip;

Instead of checking a local version, especially in the way it is here, try using an md5 checksum. With the local version file, all i have to do is open it in a text editor, change the value to 1000000, and I'll never be forced into another update. With md5 checksum comparison every file will always be compared against the one on the server.

And with that I wash my hands of this thread.
Bye.
Credits : given.

Thanks for the tip.
Old   #19

Ok then ill try them out later

Old   #20

Thanks Musta2222 The Iconic DLL was the issue it works perfect, ill be sure and leave your Credit's cause i love this launcher best on i have seen!!!
Old   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz2289 View Post
Thanks Musta2222 The Iconic DLL was the issue it works perfect, ill be sure and leave your Credit's cause i love this launcher best on i have seen!!!
Glad to hear .
Old   #22

Musta2222 Excellent work on this launcher!!! It work perfectly!!! Thanks!
please somebody can tell me how can I change the color progressbar? I looked in google, but nothing about C#.... If I set color on foreColor, the color not change...
thanks in advance.
Old   #23

Hi Musta,

could you make a video tutorial please thank you
Old   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmin82 View Post
Musta2222 Excellent work on this launcher!!! It work perfectly!!! Thanks!
please somebody can tell me how can I change the color progressbar? I looked in google, but nothing about C#.... If I set color on foreColor, the color not change...
thanks in advance.
Hey mate. glad to hear it helped you.

Anyways the color of the progressbar is coded inside pbar.cs
change this code at line [47] and rebuild your project:

Code:
            LinearGradientBrush lb = new LinearGradientBrush(new Rectangle(0, 0, this.Width, this.Height), Color.FromArgb(255, Color.Cyan), Color.FromArgb(50, Color.White), LinearGradientMode.ForwardDiagonal);
you can see I'm using "Cyan" as a color. you can use rgp color codes such as: Color.FromArgb(64, 64, 64)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouboule59 View Post
Hi Musta,

could you make a video tutorial please thank you
I will try if I had much spare time.
Old   #25

thx for your release
Old   #26

can't access download reupload?
Old   #27

elite*gold: 594
Gute vorstellung, viel erfolg
Old   #28

reupload please.
Old   #29

the downloadlink is online...O.o
Old   #30

Quote:
Oh please... You didn't even bother to rename the strings. At least be a man and admit it. Something as trvial as xml vs txt file... That's supposed to convince me that you've written this from scratch? How absurd. I honestly held you in higher regard than this.
Oh yeah, because the string server or something is created by you, wanna know how many projects use stringnames like that ?