Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 06:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Dawn Experience Curve Voting

Discussion on New Dawn Experience Curve Voting within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

View Poll Results: What should the grind concept be like ?
15x acclaim 14 10.22%
6x acclaim + totally equal pvp chances no matter the level 19 13.87%
30x acclaim + 10 reborns 74 54.01%
20x acclaim + low exp on high levels 30 21.90%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01/05/2020, 18:12   #46

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyinglyUgly View Post
"After Christmas" is a broad term. It could even be in 2050 too, because it's after 2019 Christmas...
Though it's limited by Bogdy's public statement about Q1 2020.
Old 01/06/2020, 05:03   #47

30x acclaim + 10 reborns <=== guide how to open server and make it die in few days
pepole vote for this **** and dont even know what rb means. adding points each rb to elixir
we all talk about how fun bardo was on acclaim but still open shity servers...
low exp old school this is how vn run servers this days and 2 of them own the all public.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/06/2020, 10:34   #48

elite*gold: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by busman300 View Post
ok cya in few months..we all thought u gonna open the server
in Januar like Jamie said on discord..
False promises i guess

I'd prefer them to delay the release rather than to publish something incomplete.
@ New Dawn team take your time and finish the planned tasks on your backlog before publishing anything.
The first impression of a server is important and we all know how everyone cries and rage quits when they're faced with irregular bugs. - We can wait.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/06/2020, 13:22   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyalmp View Post
30x acclaim + 10 reborns <=== guide how to open server and make it die in few days
pepole vote for this **** and dont even know what rb means. adding points each rb to elixir
we all talk about how fun bardo was on acclaim but still open shity servers...
low exp old school this is how vn run servers this days and 2 of them own the all public.
reborns are a terrible idea lmao
Old 01/06/2020, 13:46   #50

Could anyone elaborate on why reborns are bad? I see an advantage because once you reach cap the game doesn't get borring but you have still a long way ahead. Imho the biggest challenge in 9D is to keep the game interesting for high-end players.
So anyone against this system please enlighten me with some constructive arguments.

Regarding low rates I think it's a bad idea. The ugliest part of the game is grinding.
Grinding is an obstacle you have to overcome to be able to join the actual game. This obstacle is a welcomed challenge if it is applied on a healthy manner but not if it becomes the main part of the game. The really fun part is doing dungeons, pvping and farming items from bosses.
The only way I think low xp would be acceptable is, when you add some kind of crazy xp boost on full parties. This would support team-play and would make grinding enjoyable. No idea if this is technically possible though.
Old 01/06/2020, 16:35   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTT View Post
Could anyone elaborate on why reborns are bad? I see an advantage because once you reach cap the game doesn't get borring but you have still a long way ahead. Imho the biggest challenge in 9D is to keep the game interesting for high-end players.
So anyone against this system please enlighten me with some constructive arguments.

Regarding low rates I think it's a bad idea. The ugliest part of the game is grinding.
Grinding is an obstacle you have to overcome to be able to join the actual game. This obstacle is a welcomed challenge if it is applied on a healthy manner but not if it becomes the main part of the game. The really fun part is doing dungeons, pvping and farming items from bosses.
The only way I think low xp would be acceptable is, when you add some kind of crazy xp boost on full parties. This would support team-play and would make grinding enjoyable. No idea if this is technically possible though.
So basically; grind is good but grind is bad. Why would you want reborns that force you to go through all the lvls 10 times just for a small stat boost and you're required to do that if you want to have your char maxed out for pvp. The reborns seem like a bad idea if it's just stat boosts and not e.g. features that you unlock on certain lvls. It makes creating maxed alts much more time-consuming and I don't think that this is what we want on a server where we're getting "infinite builds" and "droppable skills" as they've mentioned. You're probably gonna make new chars after a few days to test things out and also from what jamie's said it seems like it's possible to irreversibly fk your build up.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/06/2020, 17:15   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiZz123 View Post
So basically; grind is good but grind is bad. Why would you want reborns that force you to go through all the lvls 10 times just for a small stat boost and you're required to do that if you want to have your char maxed out for pvp. The reborns seem like a bad idea if it's just stat boosts and not e.g. features that you unlock on certain lvls. It makes creating maxed alts much more time-consuming and I don't think that this is what we want on a server where we're getting "infinite builds" and "droppable skills" as they've mentioned. You're probably gonna make new chars after a few days to test things out and also from what jamie's said it seems like it's possible to irreversibly fk your build up.
Well you got a point there. I'd rather prefer 10 reborns with 10x xp, than 1 run with 1x xp. Because It's the feeling of "progressing" that makes the grind more enjoyable, there's nothing worse than grinding your azz of and not seeing the xp bar move at all but that's maybe just me.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/06/2020, 17:27   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTT View Post
Well you got a point there. I'd rather prefer 10 reborns with 10x xp, than 1 run with 1x xp. Because It's the feeling of "progressing" that makes the grind more enjoyable, there's nothing worse than grinding your azz of and not seeing the xp bar move at all but that's maybe just me.
Isn't it the same when you go 10 times through all the maps just for a small stat boost?
Old 01/06/2020, 17:41   #54

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiZz123 View Post
Isn't it the same when you go 10 times through all the maps just for a small stat boost?
Personally i don't like the reborn system idea also, but we hope to find other ways to keep farming interesting and worthwhile.
Our team will try its best make majority of players happy, but we all know there will be players against anything no matter how much work we put into it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/07/2020, 02:59   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog18dy View Post

You can join... but be decent, else the banhammer is on the way.
New link please!
Old 01/07/2020, 04:53   #56

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhimmorn View Post
New link please!
Old 01/07/2020, 19:16   #57

I wish I could put into words how unappealing the reborn system seems to me. Can the OP see the users who voted for this poll, or is it completely anonymous? If it's anonymous, I'd rather believe that the vote was manipulated in order to swerve the sever's progression curve into oblivion, than believe that the majority of people would actually prefer that variant.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/07/2020, 19:36   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbstn1991 View Post
I wish I could put into words how unappealing the reborn system seems to me. Can the OP see the users who voted for this poll, or is it completely anonymous? If it's anonymous, I'd rather believe that the vote was manipulated in order to swerve the sever's progression curve into oblivion, than believe that the majority of people would actually prefer that variant.
It is annonymous. I doubt it was manipulated, because the votes would have been in favor of something more "casual" like 15x.

That being said, we're probably going with x30 rates and harder levels near the cap and equal pvp (like adek teased).

If things get boring at some point, we can implement it then, until that moment comes, if it ever, we'll stay with what mentioned above.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/08/2020, 14:58   #59

I hope you all know when doing reborn you go back to level 1
And you cannot equip any of you items, so you always need backup sets for lower levels... anyways rb sux already played it on deebys server thats the main reason he close the sever.
Old 01/08/2020, 15:01   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyalmp View Post
I hope you all know when doing reborn you go back to level 1
And you cannot equip any of you items, so you always need backup sets for lower levels... anyways rb sux already played it on deebys server thats the main reason he close the sever.
Yeah nobody wants to keep grinding forver, we're already through with that ****. PVP should be the main focus.