Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 07:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Dawn Experience Curve Voting

Discussion on New Dawn Experience Curve Voting within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

View Poll Results: What should the grind concept be like ?
15x acclaim 14 10.22%
6x acclaim + totally equal pvp chances no matter the level 19 13.87%
30x acclaim + 10 reborns 74 54.01%
20x acclaim + low exp on high levels 30 21.90%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12/31/2019, 13:07   #16

elite*gold: 0
low rates server level cap 132 for long time
no beads no flag no rings or any ****
600 def set / mansion clothes only
keep it basic relics / banners (rare)
top weapon Ec wd...
how to keep server pure pvp and alive.

low rates server level cap 132 for long time
no beads no flag no rings or any ****
600 def set / mansion clothes only
keep it basic relics / banners (rare)
top weapon Ec wd...
how to keep server pure pvp and alive.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/31/2019, 13:41   #17

I'm hoping for an old school server in which you need to progress through each dungeon to get better items etc. It's gonna be ultra boring to just grind to cap and then farm. all servers are like this.
Old 12/31/2019, 15:20   #18

Hi im new here but old 9D player on many servers.
All i can say is that pvp in its current state is pointless its just drama for no gain of any kind other than drama and bragging rights.
If you could make pvp limited to +- 24 levels(you cant attack someone lower than 24lv on grind maps, unlimited in BP) so that low players dont get constantly killed while grinding by HG player, and remove all hp heals and cheat items from PVP, KG pills etc. or make them ineffective while pvp mode.

Also there should be an integrated system where u get experience points from PVP and unlock some items like good looking decos with the points, aside from boss spawn pvp fights currently there is no point in PVP.

Depending on content patch client and level cap and what items are available i would say medium rate, or low-med rates with XP events, also skill XP should be medium regardless or low-med if you can put drop in GC 10x10 manuals.

Premium and IM p2w is the biggest issue, do you want it to be a fun server or make some profits? i dont blame you for wanting $ but i wont be playing if thats the case, i think you should sell only good looking decos and convenience items.

Also instant 2nd role not because we want it fast its just too much running like 2 days of quest running its just boring.

The way i see it everyone ALWAYS makes weapons and enhancing ultra low rate or p2w i think its a pointless server if thats the case, i wont be farming with +6 and i wont be paying 100$ to make 1 wep +11 and impossible +12 with 2%, im done with that it was a troll move since +12 was introduced, remove TS and DS/Tear from game system and allow infinite enhancing but make the item untradable and each time you fail you lose some DMG from the weapon, its a much better system.
Also maybe you should edit the bonus weapon option file( i forgot what the server file was called) for better trade roll bonuses, most of the bonuses are crap, +3 wis/str, you should increase weapon trade bonuses min/max, like +7-20% wep dmg on crit, +20-40 str/wis/con etc, resists i did this on an offline server long ago and it made tradable weapons much more fun.
If you cant edit source you could achieve weapon penalty system through a permanent infinite "buff" everytime you equip a wepon you get penalty to dmg /crit/accuracy based on how many times weapon failed, example +12 weapon with 1 fail Buff: -5% to crit and -500 dmg.
This would actually make grinding and farming interesting to always try and make new perfect weapons.

My ideal weapons system is like this:
+1-9 = 100%
+11= 60-70%
+12= 40-50%
+13= 25-35%
+14=20-25%
+15=15-20%
+16=10-15%
+17=5-10%

No TS/Tear/DS only lower dmg and max durability per fail, even if i make 1 wep to +17 with 10 fails it should have a lot less dmg than a wep with no fail, like 3-4K less or so on a HG wep.
This will make players always want to make a new perfect wep.
With High BE drop it should be a fun experience.

Locking weapon/cloth enhancing behind $ its just not worth it, everyone comes back for these private servers to hopefully experience a fair game but its usually just as bad as official with items sold for $.

I think it would be more important to explain the point of the server and item system is it a low-med rate fair fun server or made for profit $?
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/31/2019, 15:29   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jjoestar View Post
Hi im new here but old 9D player on many servers.
All i can say is that pvp in its current state is pointless its just drama for no gain of any kind other than drama and bragging rights.
If you could make pvp limited to +- 24 levels(you cant attack someone lower than 24lv on grind maps, unlimited in BP) so that low players dont get constantly killed while grinding by HG player, and remove all hp heals and cheat items from PVP, KG pills etc. or make them ineffective while pvp mode.

Also there should be an integrated system where u get experience points from PVP and unlock some items like good looking decos with the points, aside from boss spawn pvp fights currently there is no point in PVP.

Depending on content patch client and level cap and what items are available i would say medium rate, or low-med rates with XP events, also skill XP should be medium regardless or low-med if you can put drop in GC 10x10 manuals.

Premium and IM p2w is the biggest issue, do you want it to be a fun server or make some profits? i dont blame you for wanting $ but i wont be playing if thats the case, i think you should sell only good looking decos and convenience items.

Also instant 2nd role not because we want it fast its just too much running like 2 days of quest running its just boring.

The way i see it everyone ALWAYS makes weapons and enhancing ultra low rate or p2w i think its a pointless server if thats the case, i wont be farming with +6 and i wont be paying 100$ to make 1 wep +11 and impossible +12 with 2%, im done with that it was a troll move since +12 was introduced, remove TS and DS/Tear from game system and allow infinite enhancing but make the item untradable and each time you fail you lose some DMG from the weapon, its a much better system.
Also maybe you should edit the bonus weapon option file( i forgot what the server file was called) for better trade roll bonuses, most of the bonuses are crap, +3 wis/str, you should increase weapon trade bonuses min/max, like +7-20% wep dmg on crit, +20-40 str/wis/con etc, resists i did this on an offline server long ago and it made tradable weapons much more fun.
If you cant edit source you could achieve weapon penalty system through a permanent infinite "buff" everytime you equip a wepon you get penalty to dmg /crit/accuracy based on how many times weapon failed, example +12 weapon with 1 fail Buff: -5% to crit and -500 dmg.
This would actually make grinding and farming interesting to always try and make new perfect weapons.

My ideal weapons system is like this:
+1-9 = 100%
+11= 60-70%
+12= 40-50%
+13= 25-35%
+14=20-25%
+15=15-20%
+16=10-15%
+17=5-10%

No TS/Tear/DS only lower dmg and max durability per fail, even if i make 1 wep to +17 with 10 fails it should have a lot less dmg than a wep with no fail, like 3-4K less or so on a HG wep.
This will make players always want to make a new perfect wep.
With High BE drop it should be a fun experience.

Locking weapon/cloth enhancing behind $ its just not worth it, everyone comes back for these private servers to hopefully experience a fair game but its usually just as bad as official with items sold for $.

I think it would be more important to explain the point of the server and item system is it a low-med rate fair fun server or made for profit $?

We have done charity back on Project Alpha.

This will be a fun server with a lot of IM items dropping INCLUDING scales/tears/jade separators even IM decos.

This project is made with the purpose to finance our development for 1.0, which will bring forth a lot of new features that you can find on KR 2019.

If you want a long term updated server that is not as p2w as officials, you should support the project.

What you're asking is for us to invest a lot of time into developing content (functionality, tools, art) and offering support, time that we could spend doing our daily jobs and get paid (probably better). Life doesn't go that way sadly, we need to compensate the time we don't allocate to our daily jobs.

This is part of the reason we decided to go with 0.5, we want to see if there's still a big enough audience and if the long term run is justified (financially also for us).

We can develop almost anything at this point given enough time.

I hope you do understand the circumstances, at this moment you will have to choose between us and redfox, which mind you, is insanely pay to win.
Old 12/31/2019, 16:14   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bog18dy View Post

What you're asking is for us to invest a lot of time into developing content (functionality, tools, art) and offering support, time that we could spend doing our daily jobs and get paid (probably better). Life doesn't go that way sadly, we need to compensate the time we don't allocate to our daily jobs.
I understand that and i cant ask you to do anything for free just sharing my thoughts.
I think the idea that "if official has insane p2w gear, we should too but a lot less" is flawed.

For me personaly any game implementing the main gear cloth/wep/relic behind paywall is flawed and DOA, maybe it will have success for few others not for me ill not even consider it.

I think there are other ways to make money, good looking decos, IM bag, premium/vip, exp cards, but not drop cards and gear p2w, that should be only obtainable by playing the game fairly.

I dont know if you can make enough money from those alone, im not living by the mentality "if you dont like ours go to official where is worse", that is not a justification for bad design and i wont do that anyway i havent seriously played 9Dragons in 3 years just ocassional private servers.

I guess as long as most IM items required to progress the game are available ingame and obtainable in a reasonable ammount of time its ok to have them in IM so other can get them faster with $, i will just have to see the final implementation if its fair enough.

Whatever it will be ill be there for new server, if its good&fair ill recommend to other 9D friends and stay for long time.

Hopefully you can at least give PVP a new meaning, the drama pointless pvp system we have now its not that fun.
Old 12/31/2019, 16:30   #21

Quote:
I understand that and i cant ask you to do anything for free just sharing my thoughts.
I think the idea that "if official has insane p2w gear, we should too but a lot less" is flawed.

For me personaly any game implementing the main gear cloth/wep/relic behind paywall is flawed and DOA, maybe it will have success for few others not for me ill not even consider it.

I think there are other ways to make money, good looking decos, IM bag, premium/vip, exp cards, but not drop cards and gear p2w, that should be only obtainable by playing the game fairly.

I dont know if you can make enough money from those alone, im not living by the mentality "if you dont like ours go to official where is worse", that is not a justification for bad design and i wont do that anyway i havent seriously played 9Dragons in 3 years just ocassional private servers.

I guess as long as most IM items required to progress the game are available ingame and obtainable in a reasonable ammount of time its ok to have them in IM so other can get them faster with $, i will just have to see the final implementation if its fair enough.

Whatever it will be ill be there for new server, if its good&fair ill recommend to other 9D friends and stay for long time.

Hopefully you can at least give PVP a new meaning, the drama pointless pvp system we have now its not that fun.
Like I said, we did 2 years of basically totally free server hosting, back on PA.

The IM had just a 30 day prem for 5$.

I never said "We'll be a bit less p2w than RF", we'll be A LOT less p2w haha.

This should be an indicator that we're not targeting insane amounts of money, but we need to be able to compensate for the time we're not working our main jobs.

This is a hobby for us mainly, but in order for professional things to happen, the community needs to want it to happen and support it.

I don't want to give you populist speeches on how everything will be totally free and totally awesome, I just want to be as transparent as possible.

What we target is a FUN,SIMPLE,CORRUPTION FREE, BOT FREE server.

Thank you and we can't wait to have you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/31/2019, 16:32   #22

Received Thanks: 1,013
Quote:

As Bogdy skipped the most important point - don't expect endgame weapons and clothes in the IM only (or gated behind 20 steps of impossible to pull off crafts). A lot of items can be dropped from either mobs or bosses. You just need to learn which ones.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/31/2019, 19:03   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
A lot of items can be dropped from either mobs or bosses. You just need to learn which ones.
Now this is exciting and could give leagues purpose beyond having some ganking thugs to boost ones ego.

On a side note, did you decide which continent the server will be hosted on?
Old 12/31/2019, 19:13   #24

Open the server already!
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/31/2019, 19:20   #25

Received Thanks: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynf3hrn33l View Post
Now this is exciting and could give leagues purpose beyond having some ganking thugs to boost ones ego.

On a side note, did you decide which continent the server will be hosted on?
Multiple different bosses will drop a different kind of equipment with different attributes, effects slot count. Well, not only equipment.

It'll be probably in Europe. We considered NA as well. We'll do some checks before, so it's not set in stone yet. We're focusing on preparing the content itself.
Old 01/01/2020, 14:31   #26

What about adding a monthly pay to play...5-10$ per month,won't that be ok?:O
Old 01/01/2020, 15:16   #27

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromastone View Post
What about adding a monthly pay to play...5-10$ per month,won't that be ok?:O
We don't want that. We want everyone to enjoy our server, a players who can doante and those who cant. We want to create a server that is fair to every single player.
0.5 server might have places where things can be improved upon, but we plan to fix that by the time we launch our 1.0 server.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/02/2020, 11:11   #28

the whole idea of making reborns is dumb, hope you don't implement it even if it wins
x20 is fine
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/02/2020, 12:56   #29

at least don't **** give up after 1 year or whatever lol.. or let it die. I've spend so much hours in private servers and each of them all dies whatever.

looking forward and i feel that new dawn will be a good server.

also i can't find discord link, i would like to join. or announce it later whenever y'all ready for it.
Old 01/02/2020, 13:56   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettonia View Post
at least don't **** give up after 1 year or whatever lol.. or let it die. I've spend so much hours in private servers and each of them all dies whatever.

looking forward and i feel that new dawn will be a good server.

also i can't find discord link, i would like to join. or announce it later whenever y'all ready for it.
new dawn 0.5 will close regardless because of 1.0 version. worry not though it will definitely be worth playing on 0.5

as for discord link, here ya go discord.gg/n4ypwCz
Thanks
1 User