Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 10:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

9D New Content vs Old Content

Discussion on 9D New Content vs Old Content within the 9Dragons forum part of the MMORPGs category.

View Poll Results: What do you prefer?
Newest Content 54 58.70%
Revised Old Model you mentioned 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/01/2015, 05:52   #16

elite*gold: 0
Dope. We started same as them, from Persistent Worlds through (most of) Acclaim. What you perceive as different skills is probably the lack of 2nd role skills along with some minor buffs that they didn't implement.

If proof is needed, just look at the original aka old quest rewards and game gear contents. It always makes sense from a "v1 stats" perspective and is always useless in a "v2 stats" perspective. Then look at "new content" (ornaments/decos/epis/etc) which makes a mess out of "v1 stats" because of excessive def/dodge/crit while it's pretty innocuous from a "v2 stats" perspective.

They changed their stats, fixed it's shortcomings with new gear they could cash in on and at the same time screwed us because the content is the same but doesn't fit our version (properly).

In the years past 9D, i sadly came to realize this is "standard" across Korean MMO's. Their devs don't give two ***** about any version other than theirs and will produce/implement whatever content their version/userbase needs/wants with no regard whatsoever for "foreign versions" and their ecosystem.
Old 04/01/2015, 09:58   #17

Your proof is by far not essential to the discussion, the quest script was the same, the skill table was modified when acclaim took the game to fit the "western community", play9d r3 used the skill table 9D KR uses and the 1st role skills were different, believe me. So as far as the skill table goes, I'm right.

Once I'm finished doing what I'm doing, I will confirm what the stats system of 9D KR was.
Old 04/01/2015, 13:15   #18

Received Thanks: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bog18dy View Post
Once I'm finished doing what I'm doing, I will confirm what the stats system of 9D KR was.
Another thing related to "Project"?
Old 04/01/2015, 13:58   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
Another thing related to "Project"?
Of course not... I'll just have more free time looking around their forums. KR system cannot be implemented by any means, we might just be able to mirror it somehow, but I don't think we can.
Old 04/01/2015, 14:16   #20

Quote:
Of course not... I'll just have more free time looking around their forums. KR system cannot be implemented by any means, we might just be able to mirror it somehow, but I don't think we can.
I don't really know the difference between these systems, after all. I know dex affected CK ar, too, or so I've heard.
Old 04/01/2015, 19:04   #21

I guess I'm one of the very few, but I miss how it was pre-temples. When IM weapons were the best ones. I was not a fan of pre-2nd role, as I thought the imbalance was at it's worst back then. When they changed something, the just re-made which would be the most powerful role. Started with hybrid (thanks to that para nuke), then changed it over to nuker. Warriors were the only class who could compete, but by doing that they pretty much had to give up on PvE as they had to re-do their stats completely. After 2nd role was released but before YYBS ornaments were released was quite fun. People trying to gather buffs and nukers running around with melee weapons was hilarious.

I'm not a fan of the latest content. Everything just seems so overpowered to me. Doing 3-5k crits in PvP is just too high for my taste. I like your idea though, but I have a hard time seeing many people that would want to follow.
Old 04/02/2015, 02:04   #22

Quote:
Saved you the trouble. As you can read in first post, . IIRC, they changed it with the release of LD. The differences became brutally obvious when Icy was released, because before they sent us a "tweaked" version, you could barely kill one mob before having to med.

Acclaim only rewrote parts of the quest texts. Anyone that's been around long enough knows how good the "english translations" you get from Indy are/used to be

P9D R3 is/was the new KR skills, it just lacked the "v2 stats" KR system. That's why it didn't work too well, it's very overpowered on the "v1 stats" because you lacked the (ck)def bonus from con and the total need to max dex and supplement it with dex/ar ornaments to consistently hit things at all. The v2 crit mechanics is also very different. Their 10-12% orns don't work in the straightforward fashion like do in our version. No idea if it relies on DB work only or the server exe's are also different, but tempted to think the later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
I know dex affected CK ar, too, or so I've heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagatoarek View Post
I was not a fan of pre-2nd role, as I thought the imbalance was at it's worst back then.
Not really. It was when it was closer to true balance. Back then (and then was CS cap) any role on a wis based build had a chance at PvP. The paranuke issue was fixed later, and so was wis/con relic stacking which made ck hybs even more powerful. What limited PvP to wis build was the damning existence of deftrink/defrelics. If those are out, nukers have to invest on Str to achieve even a modest def so they can grind. And even then they need to kite all the time (good old times).

Still, strikes me as odd that the one solution that was time and again proven to be sane (on paper) was the one that never got to be implemented live. Odd for private servers ofc, official pubs don't want it because it fully cripples their sales potential except for premmy's, old decos and scales/tears.
Old 04/02/2015, 03:49   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by josped View Post
Saved you the trouble. As you can read in first post, . IIRC, they changed it with the release of LD. The differences became brutally obvious when Icy was released, because before they sent us a "tweaked" version, you could barely kill one mob before having to med.

Acclaim only rewrote parts of the quest texts. Anyone that's been around long enough knows how good the "english translations" you get from Indy are/used to be

P9D R3 is/was the new KR skills, it just lacked the "v2 stats" KR system. That's why it didn't work too well, it's very overpowered on the "v1 stats" because you lacked the (ck)def bonus from con and the total need to max dex and supplement it with dex/ar ornaments to consistently hit things at all. The v2 crit mechanics is also very different. Their 10-12% orns don't work in the straightforward fashion like do in our version. No idea if it relies on DB work only or the server exe's are also different, but tempted to think the later.

Not really. It was when it was closer to true balance. Back then (and then was CS cap) any role on a wis based build had a chance at PvP. The paranuke issue was fixed later, and so was wis/con relic stacking which made ck hybs even more powerful. What limited PvP to wis build was the damning existence of deftrink/defrelics. If those are out, nukers have to invest on Str to achieve even a modest def so they can grind. And even then they need to kite all the time (good old times).

Still, strikes me as odd that the one solution that was time and again proven to be sane (on paper) was the one that never got to be implemented live. Odd for private servers ofc, official pubs don't want it because it fully cripples their sales potential except for premmy's, old decos and scales/tears.
R3 nukers were op because the boosted skill damage and crit damage from banners. It was very easy to get cap def on warrior so if you couldn't then lol. I had a build using 1.8 ck def and most nukers couldn't do more than 1.5k unless they crit.
Old 04/03/2015, 01:16   #24

Just bring the old system as how it was back then on acclaim without all the new patches, scales etc...... It was fun day's when nothing new came across then suddenly new patch blown all up and ruined the whole games those day's. This is time where acclaim got hacked. Well it just my opinion were much easier to learned without put your head on in everything and confront with lag issues. Thanks
Old 04/07/2015, 16:42   #25

This was very conclusive, Arceus was right, people do not wish old content, he was also right about not putting the preference of the "admin" before the preference of the community.

Really appreciate everyone's reply, you've been of great contribution.
Old 04/07/2015, 17:25   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtJamie View Post
TL;DR

Give the community exactly what the community wants.
Yep... to a certain extend... giving them too much makes them demand more and more. Balance is the key. However, about general concept, they should have a big word to say.
Old 04/08/2015, 08:09   #27

You can't have the cake and eat it. In this case, you can't give both sides what they want.

Side A wants whatever is new and free. If you don't feed them enough freebies they'll stick to some other server. If you do and then some other server offers more, they'll dump you in a flash. Did i mention they want it free? Won't make much revenue out of them. On top of that, you don't really have anything "new" to offer so will always loose to GC content-wise.

Side B wants a total retrofit. Because it's seen as old it won't attract many people, but since it will be seen as "pure fun" it will attract a "cult following". Problem #1 is that your revenue sources will be limited since the "big moneymakers" will be seen as game breaking. Problem #2 is that "new content" will basically mean sifting through the DB trying to find items that fit into the "old model". Then again, there was A LOT of pre-LD content, and Indy being their lazy selves probably still have it lingering in the DB.

Quote:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Think this applies to "Yet Another Clone" too. At best you can expect to be a bit more successful than the others are, at worst fail worse than they did. What you can't do, for obvious reasons, is to offer something they can't.
Old 04/08/2015, 08:35   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by josped View Post
What you can't do, for obvious reasons, is to offer something they can't.
My ***... You have no idea how wrong you are on that one ...
Old 04/08/2015, 14:15   #29

Quote:
My ***... You have no idea how wrong you are on that one ...
Well, he can't even have an idea when it comes to some things. There are a lot of things any team can offer that others actually can't.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2015, 00:27   #30

i honestly think everyone overlooks that all SUCCESSFUL servers were pve with just LL and BP pvp server ex: acclaim bardo/nirvana, GC: Yang (YIN IS ******* DEAD(I WONDER WHY)) P9D: Started off with a PVE server thats where it gained its popularity and even after all the non pve server eventually died
I honestly read like none of this thread i just wanted to say this
-Love Dean