Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 4Story
You last visited: Today at 05:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Gameforge is going ham

Discussion on Gameforge is going ham within the 4Story forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 07/31/2019, 15:14   #16

elite*gold: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by depaki View Post
I dont get it why people are getting obsessed over this. Gameforge is legit a game company who OWNS 4story. The same product that 2 teams are getting **** ton of money. In my opinion gameforge should shut down all the pservers and if so employ some members from these pserver teams out there. I dont get it, you are legit stealing others work to make money and you are getting ****** ? **** off and go get a real job
They do not "OWN" 4story, all they own is a license from zemi.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/31/2019, 23:03   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Justinツ View Post
**** this sucks... guess i have to change all of my videos to private.. or is unlisted enough to avoid a strike?
No you don't need to. The only videos that are getting striked are videos that directly promote other private servers. So if you only have "4Story PVP" videos where you can only tell the server by looking at the footage you are good to go.

So changing the titles to something that doesn't name the server and removing descriptions that give any info about the server or even a link to their website should be enough.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2019, 03:03   #18

elite*gold: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchBinKlaus View Post
If you dont spread the video all over the internet for example on forums then unlisted SHOULD be enough, but download all of them to make sure you won't loose your work.

You like to play on pservers but you want them to shut down
I used to play,create and "live" from pservers. I do not agree in closing them down but if so i don't see the reason why not to. The only "bad" thing here is the team members losing the "job" and their month salary if any. The rest is upon ethics and how much value original work has to you. I've always liked new ideas coming up and especially unique concepts like avergos and the new 4secret had to give. Do not get me wrong but if gameforge shut down all the servers they are probably have some plans in doing something to replace this big "lost". If not they are a bunch of duches ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikrole View Post
They do not "OWN" 4story, all they own is a license from zemi.
owning the license means they can also modify it wherever they want to.
Old 08/01/2019, 04:04   #19

elite*gold: 50
Quote:
owning the license means they can also modify it wherever they want to.
No.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/01/2019, 11:34   #20

Quote:
I dont get it why people are getting obsessed over this. Gameforge is legit a game company who OWNS 4story. The same product that 2 teams are getting **** ton of money. In my opinion gameforge should shut down all the pservers and if so employ some members from these pserver teams out there. I dont get it, you are legit stealing others work to make money and you are getting ****** ? **** off and go get a real job
No they do not own 4Story. Zemi owns it while GF has EXCLUSIVE PUBLISHING rights on SOME regions in Europe. They do not own anything, it's a very different thing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/05/2019, 10:45   #21

The Black Market: 431/0/0
GameForge is owning more Coyprights of 4Story now after Zemi killed 4Story to End-of-Life cykle.

GameForge lost almost every player with their Pay2Win policy. Now they are going to deal with copyright warnings against pserver and they will complain in law against pserver as well.

guys watch out, gameforge is serious now :-D
Old 08/05/2019, 15:56   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bσdhi View Post
GameForge is owning more Coyprights of 4Story now after Zemi killed 4Story to End-of-Life cykle.

GameForge lost almost every player with their Pay2Win policy. Now they are going to deal with copyright warnings against pserver and they will complain in law against pserver as well.

guys watch out, gameforge is serious now :-D
I dont think its cuz p2w i would say its more bcz they havent made patch for 5 years
Old 08/05/2019, 17:07   #23

The Black Market: 431/0/0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zPizzaX View Post
I dont think its cuz p2w i would say its more bcz they havent made patch for 5 years
they can't because gameforge has no developer, they are only the publisher.

they didn't know how to patch new content into client and server :-D
Old 08/05/2019, 17:29   #24

I think they does even not own the sources.
Old 08/05/2019, 21:40   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bσdhi View Post
they can't because gameforge has no developer, they are only the publisher.

they didn't know how to patch new content into client and server :-D
I guess u didnt get the point...
Old 08/07/2019, 10:26   #26

GameForge can take legal actions only in the European nations where they have exclusive publishing right. They have rights in most of european regions but not every single one. So if pservers move servers somewhere else they're fine.
Old 08/08/2019, 02:52   #27

^
I'm not sure if that's sound legal advice. You could maybe make a case if those server would be moved & region locked. But as long as they are open to the european market this will probably not uphold in court.

_____
Every server owner and every player is fully aware that this is a pirated (and modified) version of someone elses intellectual property. If push comes to shove servers need to be closed.
However, I find it quite silly for GameForge to close oldschool servers as they are not even offering an alternative themself. Anyway, only time will tell.
Good luck everyone

Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/08/2019, 04:02   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfisch View Post
^
I'm not sure if that's sound legal advice. You could maybe make a case if those server would be moved & region locked. But as long as they are open to the european market this will probably not uphold in court.

_____
Every server owner and every player is fully aware that this is a pirated (and modified) version of someone elses intellectual property. If push comes to shove servers need to be closed.
However, I find it quite silly for GameForge to close oldschool servers as they are not even offering an alternative themself. Anyway, only time will tell.
Good luck everyone

That would be a monthly financial increase of approximately... 15€. There's a reason people play private servers and not shitty officials. There's a reason every official but the german is emptier, than the shittiest hamachi server ever was. People left this game for said reasons and came back ONLY because private servers exist. If anything, official is leeching off of private server players that still like to play a couple of Battleground rounds every now and then.
Old 08/08/2019, 04:25   #29

Very true, these servers are keeping 4Story as a brand alive.

___
I'm not primarily talking about them increasing their own player base but them suing for payment of their losses.
In other cases of piracy it is quite usual to demand everything ever earned + an additional fine for expected losses.
But I personally don't think it is worth for GameForge. Takes multiple years and attorneys are very expensive.
Old 08/08/2019, 12:35   #30

elite*gold: 10
Really im so glad they‘re doing it and I hope they develop good game with default stuff 4story had.
No battle royal sht or so.

I hope 4Ancient and P4 gets shut down soon and Gameforge gets a huge amount of players and actually react to what people want.
I hate servers where it‘s just about one crit more or less on a crossbow because everyone has +24 anyways and where no one plays bows because they‘re useless and stuff..