Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 4Story
You last visited: Today at 03:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New server (Offical)

Discussion on New server (Offical) within the 4Story forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 03/20/2018, 21:08   #16

elite*gold: 0
So same client they just reopen like they brand new or something? sounds pretty stupid imo.
Old 03/20/2018, 22:33   #17

elite*gold: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapmats View Post
So same client they just reopen like they brand new or something? sounds pretty stupid imo.
Yeap the Client will be the same like for the other offi servers, it means you will be able to connect with new server from the current gameforge's TClient.
I think it will be just regular server without "wow" effect like the current servers.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/21/2018, 13:46   #18

It genuinely hurts me seeing all these poor people assuming that long server maintenances (which are literally just restarting each server, maybe taking some backups) means they actually work on stuff...
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/26/2018, 12:26   #19

elite*gold: 270
Received Thanks: 2,706
Quote:
You can now start your new life on Iberia!Today, 26/03, the server Kalinor is opening its doors.
This is a real moment for pioneering players, as there won’t be any character transfers or item trading allowed between your own characters for the first few months on Kalinor. Every player starts from scratch and has exactly the same opportunities to achieve greatness.
But to ease you into those first few weeks, we’re giving you a helping hand on your adventures with special events and offers in the shop.
Get ready – a new era is about to begin!
So after the first months it's the same paradise for paying players?
A CM/GA in the offical forum said they have a lot of things for 4S this year, but I doubt it will arrive soon.

I hope they realize that this step actually will split their own community into more pieces.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/26/2018, 12:39   #20

Funny how people expected actual content updates. Creating a new server is about 5 minutes of work (+ setting up the machine itself). I'm sure that's about as much as Gameforge is able to do by themselves.
Old 03/26/2018, 17:17   #21

They have enough content for a new server. They are just putting this new server the way the can make the most profit of.
Hosting a fresh Realm with some events is, besides servercost, nothing for them. Rolling back onto an older patch or changing something in game is more effort and might not bring enough revenue in oder to do so.

I'll check out their new server but I doubt that it will be any different from the other ones.
Old 03/26/2018, 17:22   #22

elite*gold: 222
Code:
Get a heroic start on the new servers! 
Starting 26/03 the servers will open their gates to welcome all new adventurers with an extraordinary 28 days of events! 
Go crazy for four whole weeks, earning extra experience points, levelling up faster and upgrading your gear. 
Take it to the max on the new server!

Those events in full:

Week 1:

Level Up Event

Week 2:

100% EXP

100% Honour

50% Drops Level Up Event

Week 3:

100% Honour

50% Drops

Level Up Event

Week 4:

200% EXP

100% Honour

50% Drops Level Up

Have fun on the new servers!
Funny
Old 03/27/2018, 09:47   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by murimacher View Post
Hosting a fresh Realm with some events is, besides servercost, nothing for them.
I mean what year did you end up that you actually believe they buy an actual machine for this? Just a new VM in their cloud, it's cost-free.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/29/2018, 16:31   #24

They didnt learn ...
Just open a new server is not enough..
in my opinion this team from the official server is useless!

« 4story | Help »