Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 12Sky2
You last visited: Today at 08:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Finding in-game functions

Discussion on Finding in-game functions within the 12Sky2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Finding in-game functions

Hi,

I'm trying to find in-game functions by using breakpoints method in ollydbg 1.10 or CE 6.1 but I couldn't work it out. Can someone please help me out?

If you can make a little tut with ollydbg or CE for all of us noobs here, I would be appreciated very much. Ex: How to find Pet Feed function?

Thanks
Andrew
Old 08/20/2011, 07:40   #2

same here bro
Old 08/20/2011, 13:10   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewfam View Post
Hi,

I'm trying to find in-game functions by using breakpoints method in ollydbg 1.10 or CE 6.1 but I couldn't work it out. Can someone please help me out?

If you can make a little tut with ollydbg or CE for all of us noobs here, I would be appreciated very much. Ex: How to find Pet Feed function?

Thanks
Andrew
Its very simple: CE say pet feed is 57 then search 57 wait for it to change or feed your pet then type in the new value and then press next search keep doing that till you find your addy. It will be the one in the green. Also if you can not find it in 4 byte change it to byte.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/20/2011, 14:53   #4

things are almost never in just byte lol so dont bother changing to it; try other things like array of bytes (godmode), Float (x,y courds) and so on and also next time try a forum search for tips
Old 08/20/2011, 21:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterBurn 2.0 View Post
Its very simple: CE say pet feed is 57 then search 57 wait for it to change or feed your pet then type in the new value and then press next search keep doing that till you find your addy. It will be the one in the green. Also if you can not find it in 4 byte change it to byte.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply, I didn't mean to find the address of activity number. What I want to find is the function that feed the pet.

For example: I put the heavenly fruit in shortcut bar no.1 and it is on slot 4. When I manually press number 4 on the keyboard, the pet consumes one heavenly fruit. I want to find that function so I can make an auto pet feed.

If you can show us how to do it in detail, we would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 08/20/2011, 22:08   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manueltheman View Post
things are almost never in just byte lol so dont bother changing to it; try other things like array of bytes (godmode), Float (x,y courds) and so on and also next time try a forum search for tips
Move speed and attack speed are found in Byte and mostly evrything else is float or 4 byte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewfam View Post
Thanks for your reply, I didn't mean to find the address of activity number. What I want to find is the function that feed the pet.

For example: I put the heavenly fruit in shortcut bar no.1 and it is on slot 4. When I manually press number 4 on the keyboard, the pet consumes one heavenly fruit. I want to find that function so I can make an auto pet feed.

If you can show us how to do it in detail, we would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew
You will need oly for that using break points and so on. Look into Mega's Oly set up and try to find some TuT's for oly that should get you started.
Old 08/21/2011, 00:35   #7

Received Thanks: 1,003
With this game almost EVERYTHING is a unsigned integer/dword which you can find in cheat engine using 4 Byte.

If you have not already get the latest version of cheat engine its great.
You can use the memory viewer, view an area of memory and do something in game the values that change will flash red. Very handy for identifying things.

You could get Two monitors and run the game in window mode it helps.
Also change settings in CE to have the intervals for updating set to 1 appart from found address list put that to 30 or something. Also use the VEH debugger in the debugger tab.

You can do breakpoints on cheat engine, I know one guy who uses nothing but. I still prefer olly but eh.

Once you find an address in cheat engine. You can right click it and find what writes too it. See what alters the value when you do an action in game you can then make use of that code sometimes to craft a signiture to find the address. Eg if it is like this

Your address is 01235315
mov dword ptr: [01235315],eax
or
mov [01235315],eax

Then its really easy to find the address because you can just find the code using a signature you make from it then read out the address in the instruction. *Try altering the address and see how it changes in the bytes* It is a number stored that when you add to the current line and i think + instruction size it will give you the address.

Once you find the code for an address you can also detour it or alter it to do stuff you want.

I suggest everyone go read through cheat engine's help file it has some very good info on asm too.
Thanks
1 User