Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] All Devs Read!

Discussion on [Guide] All Devs Read! within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 02/10/2011, 00:25   #16

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,777
# bump...AGAIN!
Old 03/16/2011, 03:19   #17

[GM]Bane, can u pm me a FREE & GOOD tools for stopping DDOS (syn flood) for the game shaiya server private? Because i did search on google, and try with some tools, but my server is still attacked ddos
Old 03/16/2011, 04:36   #18

Received Thanks: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkminh View Post
[GM]Bane, can u pm me a FREE & GOOD tools for stopping DDOS (syn flood) for the game shaiya server private? Because i did search on google, and try with some tools, but my server is still attacked ddos
There are no tools that can stop ALL DDOs attacks o.0
Old 03/29/2011, 01:30   #19

Hello...

I must say that I have to agree with Danco1990, but I know for sure that this will NEVER happen, because... reading the forums we all know that there are "flames" between the legends/"Elites".

And DoNotLie, here is one piece of advice, when you "talk" to people on the Internet... make friends, not enemies.

Thank you
Old 05/28/2011, 15:01   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danco1990 View Post
How about we target the hackers and take them down? If we do it a few times they get sick of it and eventually stop -.-'. I admit, most of you people know my by another name, i used to hack too, but i changed my path, and i try to find ways to prevent it from happening. Alot of usefull scripts can be found RIGHT HERE on Elitepvpers. And DoNoLie? I believe you deserve a ban just for threatening someone. I would like to know who you really are... Either case, every server has tis own specialities, and i would like to see one day that we can all work along. I am STILL working on my matrix program, and i think i found a way how to use different DB's, so we could link ALL servers in one login server, and redirect it to the right server, bit complicated progress. Either case, off topic here, Bane, once again nice post, we could use some more people who want to avoid hacking!
that matrix program sounds good
Old 07/03/2011, 22:29   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GM]Bane View Post
There are no tools that can stop ALL DDOs attacks o.0
Sure there are, but they aren't available to any average Joe...
Google network black holes or blockdos, just as a couple of examples
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/20/2013, 11:08   #22

first off needed a bump.

but secoundly.

the ddos comming now isnt 1 gb/s or 10-50 even it's 80GB/S

i can handle it it's not that but before you put up a server i have to say 1 thing..

hosting it at home? think again. if you can't afford a server you can't afford to buy computers/routers and so on a few times a week either.

it takes money to run a server, it's not a good income ..

rent a good ddos protection. everything else is just going to go down i'm sorry..
Old 12/20/2013, 14:45   #23

very good post Bane
Old 05/17/2014, 17:12   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zargon05 View Post
You forgot about DDoS ^^
Next Time read all text.

DDOS

No matter who you are you will always be a possible target for Denial of Service attacks.

Now if we were running a real game or a inportent website we COULD have the risk of getting a 50K zombie comp attack. Fortunately all we relay have to worry about is 10-100 attacks (the largest attack being on evo and it was assumed it was a paied attack)

Ok, one attack choice hackers have is the SYN attack. In a SYN Flood, the attack works by overwhelming the protocol handshake that has to happen between two Internet-aware applications. How can we stop this. We don't need a high power application just a firewall that scans trafic and blocks bad internal IPs.

Next up is some good applecations that stop a DDOS 1 good application is (notice some are not very cost effecient but are 2 as stronge)

Last is staying up to date with DDOS breakthroughs and the tools they use. I highly recomend checking this website once a day as it updates periodically with new DDOS and the tools they use.