Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Nostale
You last visited: Today at 20:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[OPEN SOURCE PROJECT] NosOpen

Discussion on [OPEN SOURCE PROJECT] NosOpen within the Nostale forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 10/06/2016, 01:31   #1126

elite*gold: 0
Today OpenNos was subjected to 450 players. We have greatly improved the emulator recently but we know there is still stability problems. We will do everything possible for it to be resolved quickly.

The only screen I have, 93 people connected at the same time, but the maximum is very more...

Stay connected we will try to improve the stability and the last remaining random crash

/!\ Sorry the team is a little bit busy for the moment /!\

: Bonus on OpenNos
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/08/2016, 00:22   #1127

I can not go to an inventory has WorldServer crash

Old 10/11/2016, 15:56   #1128

Hello,

We add some item functions like that (watch our github for more information)

We again optimize a lot the system now we need to send multiple packet in once we work on it.

With a VPS at 28€ by month, The server run perfectly with 151 people connected at the same time the CPU usage is very low 9~25%

We need again a lot of optimization but now you can play with a lot of player whitout problems !

(Test on NosLand server)

Thanks to the administrator help us with his community
Old 10/11/2016, 17:22   #1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppermost View Post
With a VPS at 28€ by month, The server run perfectly with 151 people connected at the same time the CPU usage is very low 9~25%
VPS 28€/month? check on webtropia, i'm paying 19.51€/month for 16gb vRam 6 vCore 250GB SSD

9~25% is very high
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/11/2016, 19:55   #1130

It's very low if you see the lot of optimization we need to do again.
I just wanted to say

(PS : the % usage depent of the CPU...)
In the future it can be very better. If we can send a lot of packet in once the usage will be very lower, anyway 1 month ago we can't play with more 20 player now 200 whitouts problems / lags

And also the server run with all monster of official nostale ^^
Old 10/12/2016, 07:51   #1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppermost View Post
It's very low if you see the lot of optimization we need to do again.
I just wanted to say

(PS : the % usage depent of the CPU...)
In the future it can be very better. If we can send a lot of packet in once the usage will be very lower, anyway 1 month ago we can't play with more 20 player now 200 whitouts problems / lags

And also the server run with all monster of official nostale ^^
lets not be too optimistic its still 30% at the peak(aka. loading), and after it balances from 5-10% also keep in mind this is 200 ppl not like several thousands like official soo we really need to focus on stability and optimalization, also items are not coded properly i need to move guri effect to parser and hardcode it(theres way to avoid this but im not too keen on doing it), anyway thanks for support guys! Have a great day, Master signing off o/
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/12/2016, 13:15   #1132

Received Thanks: 1,019
For the 28 It seems its a scam because them server is very bad... in France price are higher (taxes) than in de but for 28 I can have a 12go 4vcpu and they have something like 6go and 2vcpu 2ghz...
Old 10/14/2016, 12:37   #1133

how to join this game of u program server ?
Old 10/14/2016, 14:09   #1134

Follow the tutorial on YouTube, you can find the link at the first page.
Old 10/15/2016, 12:00   #1135

You should think to rewrite the whole project in C/C++, async and boost for cross-platform. A good server must work on linux and this is not religion but simple math.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2016, 13:52   #1136

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemX64™ View Post
You should think to rewrite the whole project in C/C++, async and boost for cross-platform. A good server must work on linux and this is not religion but simple math.
Probably your right with the first sentences, i agree with you in that point, but in my oppinion not every server has to run on linux. Windows server is also powerful if you know how to use it. Of course as a root server for nostale its a little bit to expensive but its working. Concerning the programming language, every server should run on those two you named, just because their much easier to handle for something (I never made anything in C++ only native C but I think even their advantages concerning C# are big enough, for example memory allocating).
Old 10/15/2016, 20:21   #1137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liihes View Post
Probably your right with the first sentences, i agree with you in that point, but in my oppinion not every server has to run on linux. Windows server is also powerful if you know how to use it. Of course as a root server for nostale its a little bit to expensive but its working. Concerning the programming language, every server should run on those two you named, just because their much easier to handle for something (I never made anything in C++ only native C but I think even their advantages concerning C# are big enough, for example memory allocating).
I do not agree, on windows you can not disable the graphical interface or many background services that are not needed for a server; and consume resources without a reason. Also you have to reboot fequently due to updates and maintenance is harder. Furthermore a simple crash can bring down the whole operating system while it would not happen on linux that is more stable from this point of view.

I could say more, such as native SSH support but there would be too much to write so i will stop here.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/15/2016, 20:31   #1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemX64™ View Post
I do not agree, on windows you can not disable the graphical interface or many background services that are not needed for a server; and consume resources without a reason. Also you have to reboot fequently due to updates and maintenance is harder. Furthermore a simple crash can bring down the whole operating system while it would not happen on linux that is more stable from this point of view.

I could say more, such as native SSH support but there would be too much to write so i will stop here.
Performance & Ressource using is a "problem" at windows servers, but they're easy to use (newbies for example) and you dont have to get any new knowledge for using it (typical windows users are

Also I think C# is much easier to understand for everyone. Learning Ansi C by internet tutorials on a good & 'professional' way is not that easy like c#.
(Like I said, I cant tell you that much about c++)

Of course I'd prefer using Linux too, you're right, to sum up.
Old 10/16/2016, 11:29   #1139

elite*gold: 98
Received Thanks: 1,726
Actually, try to run modern designed apps on windows servers, kinda weird (performances + not as easy to port on another system as Linux's based OS)

Anyway It could be cool to look forward for a microservice architecture (kinda awesome for optimisation and easy deployment)
Old 10/16/2016, 15:59   #1140

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,139
As I see on some server that works with opennos you can still crash it easy when you want more information about how write me a pn.
Closed Thread