Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 18:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Netdragon on a war path!!

Discussion on Netdragon on a war path!! within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Netdragon on a war path!!

well Netdragon sure seems to be on roll, i hosted a friends P server that hasnt even been released to the public, and Netdragons attorney called me lastnight at around 5:30pm my time.

Told me to give out my friends phone number, place of address, and his full name.

And if i didn't i would be held accountable for the server and all its related copy right material, and that i would be the one being prosecuted and sued.

So my suggestion to all of you, is to call a lawyer and find out how to bypass the law, in some countrys my lawyer told me that these type of things never or don't what so ever hold up in court, so perhaps this may be some of you.

But for others my suggestion is to call a lawyer and ask questions about what your doing so you yourself don't get the phone call i just got.

If they knew about my friends and i's private server thats NOT even released yet, they know all about yours aswell and will shut you down very soon.

DoomEO is shut down, and Angel from OverdoseEO as well got an email from Netdragon, no idea what was said in it, but i'm sure it cant be words of wisdom and a statement telling them to go ahead with there server thats for sure.

*Side-Note*

Isnt it funny how TQ can **** up there servers and yet wont allow us to make out own to actually make the game more enjoyable then what they have been doing? stupid bunch of hippies on there codding drugs sipping back red bulls and playing with our heads....

Now heres my idea, Ragnarok online has a **** load of P servers as well as WoW, Lineage 2 and so on, now how are all these servers alive and not yet closed down nor sued? we need to figure something out as well, perhaps giving TQ copy right on our websites/forums? no donations so we are not making any money?

Dunno just some idea's i figured i would spit out while drinking my coffee
Old 02/08/2008, 17:25   #2

yeah ive notaiced that. their code is coppywrited however they only care about money. All games code is copywrited however moste games dont care THAT much about money. Then again the ones that dont care THAT much about money are the ones that are not f2p. Im a co player anywayse but yeah...
Old 02/08/2008, 20:55   #3

True, all Netdragon wants is there money and more of it....
Old 02/08/2008, 21:49   #4

oh and i found out some more news, if you have your server such as blahEO thats illegal due to copy right name, you must have it like GamesbyBlah or just blah or whatever but you cannot have TQs name in it what so ever!
Old 02/08/2008, 23:21   #5

so ACME is ok then
Acme private EO stands for

EO=Elite Onlinegame server
Old 02/08/2008, 23:23   #6

..... cant delete this doublepost!!
Old 02/08/2008, 23:31   #7

wait, so whats the point of having a private server with EO in the name, if the server itself is illegal? -.- who cares about the name then
Old 02/09/2008, 00:02   #8

serversoftware isnt illegal.. its made from a 3:d party creator

and using the same protocol as they do isnt illegal eighter..
its like taking copyright of tcp/ip and they cant..
Old 02/09/2008, 01:29   #9

lol i heard if u live in the uk they can not do **** =D
Old 02/09/2008, 02:24   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneatall View Post
serversoftware isnt illegal.. its made from a 3:d party creator

and using the same protocol as they do isnt illegal eighter..
its like taking copyright of tcp/ip and they cant..
so say i make a server of eudemons called "blahblah online" they cant do anything? ;o
Old 02/09/2008, 04:38   #11

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,252
However it is illegal to distribute their game client without their consent. It is also illegal to use any servers, server server emulators, and even reverse engineer by their ToS.

So server software IS ILLEGAL. 100%. You canno use their game to connect to ANY software of yours, that, once again, illegal.
Old 02/09/2008, 04:51   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeX-CO View Post
However it is illegal to distribute their game client without their consent. It is also illegal to use any servers, server server emulators, and even reverse engineer by their ToS.

So server software IS ILLEGAL. 100%. You canno use their game to connect to ANY software of yours, that, once again, illegal.
indeed your correct there mate, unless you did like a 100% total re-construction of the game its self, but if your gonna do that you might as well develope your own game lol.

@forcer, and no your still gonna get screwed mate, your using TQs official website template lol, thats also copy righted, my suggestion is to make your own or something.
Old 02/09/2008, 10:25   #13

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNe13 View Post
indeed your correct there mate, unless you did like a 100% total re-construction of the game its self, but if your gonna do that you might as well develope your own game lol.

@forcer, and no your still gonna get screwed mate, your using TQs official website template lol, thats also copy righted, my suggestion is to make your own or something.
server is still in sweden you know thepiratebay.org?
however we are planning new website indeed.
Old 02/09/2008, 10:41   #14

lol basicly what forcer ism saying as well is that if u dnt live in usa or china or where ever else it is based all they can do is threat because they don't have legal rights over you because you dnt live there =D
Old 02/09/2008, 10:59   #15

Does it say in their tos that they can take legal actions against u? I only remember the part that if u screw it they ban/delete char etc

« Paladin | Need help »