Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Zero
You last visited: Today at 03:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Chit-Chat] Zero Talk [English only!]

Discussion on [Chit-Chat] Zero Talk [English only!] within the Zero forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 56
Received Thanks: 2,733
Post [Chit-Chat] Zero Talk [English only!]

English

Hello Zero community and welcome to the "Zero" Chit-Chat topic. Here you can talk about everything that is related to Zero. If you have got any questions about the game, feel free to ask them. You also can start discussions about Zero.

You have to follow the in this topic too.
If you violate any rule, you can receive a warning or an infraction.

Old 06/10/2013, 01:43   #2

elite*gold: 0
What do u wish to accomplish here? Most people will just create their own thread
Old 11/19/2013, 09:02   #3

hi all how can i solve this hwc failed?
Old 02/16/2014, 06:47   #4

2014, still not an updated compiler; it's truly annoying people are still hiding their server-files and DDoSing others servers and what not.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/17/2014, 09:22   #5

elite*gold: 540
lol you could always work on your own ... truly a shame someone doesnt hand you something they worked hard on themselves?
lol so shameful
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/19/2014, 23:15   #6

Irrelevant to my point, yes, I can work on my own but 2 minds are better than one, the point is, maybe someone could share a good source that people could actually develop/work on.
Old 02/22/2014, 20:15   #7

elite*gold: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed Handler View Post
Irrelevant to my point, yes, I can work on my own but 2 minds are better than one, the point is, maybe someone could share a good source that people could actually develop/work on.
I started with a source more broken then what is available now to use
you can edit it you just have to try instead of asking for things to be handed to you
Old 02/23/2014, 00:28   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlemonkey View Post
I started with a source more broken then what is available now to use
you can edit it you just have to try instead of asking for things to be handed to you
Good for you, but still you insist on not understanding my point, eh, anyway, do have a good day...
Old 02/23/2014, 16:40   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed Handler View Post
Good for you, but still you insist on not understanding my point, eh, anyway, do have a good day...
The only point here that I see is, someone made a brand new account just to talk smack about how people wont give away their hard work so that anyone who didn't want to put in effort can just up and run it.

In short, complaints about the lack of a free ride....

I mean feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, (the new account isn't disputable), but go ahead and try to explain yourself as far as the complaint on the lack of free and newer better working stuff not being around because "people are still hiding their server-files".

Now if you mean, lack of a newer official leak, that is another story, one you didn't clarify and that is out of the control of everyone who actually partakes in this section.

All we see from your post on your new account is "people" which implies all of us who have actually spent years making something decent out of a broken mess with little to no thanks even from the players who play on that work.

Those who steal content/fixes and cause problems for those who do actually work on it by claiming they made all those updates/fixes by themselves just for a quick dollar, (which to be honest is why nothing that was ever actually majorly fixed/updated was released), those who ripoff others just to make a few dollars, don't deserve the fixed/updated content, so it is partly their fault. Those who actually work on it are taught, and we can see today how many people are actually in it for the long haul to learn everything (just about none, almost everyone here wants the no work free ride plan and don't actually want to learn anything, they would rather just steal and claim credit).

So if it is in fact a complaint about how anyone who has actually done the work to make it decent has not released their hard work for free,
then either
A) Be the first to put the work in and release it and be that guy who is the solution and not the problem,
or
B) Blame those who keep stealing the work from those who are working on it and the credit for that work all for making some money thus preventing a good release from happening (no one is going to release their complete work to those who are out to make money off it and take credit from it or ripoff players, you spend a few years on something, watch someone take credit for it, and make money off it, ripoff players using donation hit and runs, and see how much you like that idea, it happens constantly on the client side of things already even without a complete release and only acts to dissuade anyone from ever releasing anything).

sub note: nate's server "bloodrage" and every short lived server he has run since before that, is a prime example of someone taking someones work to make money and claim it as their own work (even if his donation page is private at the time of this post). With servers like that who refuse to use their own stuff or make their own stuff with what was publicly released because they don't want to put in the work themselves (so instead they outright take someones client with little to no changes to hide that fact no less), you pretty much leave those who do make things pretty jaded to release anything public that is proper as it takes time/effort/work and will just be used for ill purpose. In point: Anything I've worked on, done, documented, all that information on how-to, is only going to those who are putting the work into it, none of it is going public solely because people will just misuse and abuse it to rip off the zo community, and I for one wont support those who only intend to ripoff the zo community, both those who work on it and those who play it don't deserve to be ripped off by those with ill intentions. This community should be looking out for the well being of the players, and not the well being of quick buck scam servers who are out to screw those very players, and we can tell who those servers are by seeing who does their own work and who puts in effort.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/24/2014, 01:25   #10

^ The words of a ***.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/24/2014, 08:11   #11

Approved!
Old 02/24/2014, 12:26   #12

the shadow ... i agree with you a hundred percent , one thing though , i am poor at english and i wanted to learn how to make my own files , i took a look on the forums and there is many useful tutorials but i just get stuck in some parts and if there were a video tutorial it would be much better for none english speakers people like me , ofcourse i can't complain i understand that you people work hard on this stuff and i can't demand that you hand us your hard work just like that , all am asking if possible is to point me where to start and i will take it from there , how to edit files and create my own files etc , have a good day man , and idle too , he did a great job at project zero 2
Old 02/24/2014, 18:25   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayrouzena View Post
the shadow ... i agree with you a hundred percent , one thing though , i am poor at english and i wanted to learn how to make my own files , i took a look on the forums and there is many useful tutorials but i just get stuck in some parts and if there were a video tutorial it would be much better for none english speakers people like me , ofcourse i can't complain i understand that you people work hard on this stuff and i can't demand that you hand us your hard work just like that , all am asking if possible is to point me where to start and i will take it from there , how to edit files and create my own files etc , have a good day man , and idle too , he did a great job at project zero 2
The one thing that puts zo in a area of difficulty not commonly found with the other tq games, is you need to be able to get hands deep into raw custom structured files and know what they mean in a hex editor to turn them into something usable. As far as the exe patching stuff goes, that takes quite a bit more teaching on how to do that you probably wont find here.

The dats and such, your best bet is to make posts asking (with screenshots or code copypastes) what you've figured out and what you need help on to continue to figure it out.

If you already lack knowledge in things like vb (yuck) or c# (my preference for small apps to work on things like this), or any tool making scripting language or programming language I would start there, doing most of this stuff by hand would take a decade.

First things first, expect to spend a reaaaaly reaaly long time working on this, if you don't have massive amounts of free time, you are going to end up hating this in the end and see it as a job that doesn't pay. This isn't a small task to take on in the least. Now the steps for anyone serious about it.

Step 1. Learn some sort of decent programming language (I suggest c#, nice and easy and fast to work with and has a billion examples of how to do things via google searches, would avoid visual basic *yuck*) to work on raw files (read and write). There is a trick to still be able to make use of the current mysql connection libraries for visual studio (needed for table to dat exports or anything interacting with zo's tables from the tool or tools), the trick is to just replace the dll with the latest connector package with an older one, when the question is asked I will go look up or even post the version needed to still connect to mysql 4.0.x.

Step 2. Start breaking down how the files are structured, the hint of what to look for is in the server tables. (What may not be apparent may be solved by looking at other files that are "missing" specific things of data that some do have, like index tables for example (some files use indexes some don't). What you can't figure out, that's when you start posting asking about this or that with examples.)

Step 3. Once you have the ability to read/alter/or dump to text/csv the dats, look into updating the server side tables using that data, they are a horrid mess/broken/rubbish and really should match the dats and ini's to start with and what's been released doesn't match.

Step 4. Make table to dat export tools.

Note: There are also a ton of things unrelated to those very dats, I would suggest mapping out what talks to what as you reverse engineer everything (link wise, like relationships between dats and ini's and what calls them or what uses them) to a document or document per thing involved, example would be like a document on the relationships of ini's and dats to handle adding new robottypes or just paints, or new weapon ids or even map ani and ini relationships between client and server (in the case of maps you have ani's and ini's at client and ini's and tables on server).
Old 02/24/2014, 20:41   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The-Shadow- View Post
The only point here that I see is, someone made a brand new account just to talk smack about how people wont give away their hard work so that anyone who didn't want to put in effort can just up and run it.

In short, complaints about the lack of a free ride....

I mean feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, (the new account isn't disputable), but go ahead and try to explain yourself as far as the complaint on the lack of free and newer better working stuff not being around because "people are still hiding their server-files".

Now if you mean, lack of a newer official leak, that is another story, one you didn't clarify and that is out of the control of everyone who actually partakes in this section.

All we see from your post on your new account is "people" which implies all of us who have actually spent years making something decent out of a broken mess with little to no thanks even from the players who play on that work.

Those who steal content/fixes and cause problems for those who do actually work on it by claiming they made all those updates/fixes by themselves just for a quick dollar, (which to be honest is why nothing that was ever actually majorly fixed/updated was released), those who ripoff others just to make a few dollars, don't deserve the fixed/updated content, so it is partly their fault. Those who actually work on it are taught, and we can see today how many people are actually in it for the long haul to learn everything (just about none, almost everyone here wants the no work free ride plan and don't actually want to learn anything, they would rather just steal and claim credit).

So if it is in fact a complaint about how anyone who has actually done the work to make it decent has not released their hard work for free,
then either
A) Be the first to put the work in and release it and be that guy who is the solution and not the problem,
or
B) Blame those who keep stealing the work from those who are working on it and the credit for that work all for making some money thus preventing a good release from happening (no one is going to release their complete work to those who are out to make money off it and take credit from it or ripoff players, you spend a few years on something, watch someone take credit for it, and make money off it, ripoff players using donation hit and runs, and see how much you like that idea, it happens constantly on the client side of things already even without a complete release and only acts to dissuade anyone from ever releasing anything).

sub note: nate's server "bloodrage" and every short lived server he has run since before that, is a prime example of someone taking someones work to make money and claim it as their own work (even if his donation page is private at the time of this post). With servers like that who refuse to use their own stuff or make their own stuff with what was publicly released because they don't want to put in the work themselves (so instead they outright take someones client with little to no changes to hide that fact no less), you pretty much leave those who do make things pretty jaded to release anything public that is proper as it takes time/effort/work and will just be used for ill purpose. In point: Anything I've worked on, done, documented, all that information on how-to, is only going to those who are putting the work into it, none of it is going public solely because people will just misuse and abuse it to rip off the zo community, and I for one wont support those who only intend to ripoff the zo community, both those who work on it and those who play it don't deserve to be ripped off by those with ill intentions. This community should be looking out for the well being of the players, and not the well being of quick buck scam servers who are out to screw those very players, and we can tell who those servers are by seeing who does their own work and who puts in effort.
Thank you for the time and effort you put on your reply, the reason why this account says new is that I used to have an old account (5 years or older) but sadly forgot the credentials, I completely agree with you, and to clarify things up, I do not wish to take someone's hard work, and you've clarified that it's hard/impossible to get the newer leaks, I simply feel that this section is dead so I wanted to see something new, that's all there is to it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/23/2015, 19:14   #15

elite*gold: 25
Thanks for the infos guys it realy help me
Thanks
1 User