Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Zero
You last visited: Today at 21:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

hello

Discussion on hello within the Zero forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 11/27/2011, 19:28   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ple4sure View Post
i wanted to say that divine should stop claiming their server is best

I DO APOlOGISE

i didnt mean any bad about u im sory
You may also want to add that you are NOT Nina/Hinata. Sending "Greetings from Nina/Hinata" makes it look like you are claiming to BE Nina/Hinata or in contact with Nina/Hinata. I know for a fact you are neither. Nina/Hinata lives with me so I KNOW you are NOT!
As for Omni being the best, it is. That is not to say that someone else can't make a server every bit as good as Omni. If this new Dev has done so, I can't wait to try it out!
Old 11/27/2011, 19:31   #17

ya it is true i do apologises again to nina she has nothin to do here im sory
Old 11/27/2011, 21:34   #18

Kyra_Wyndmere im not saying that omni is bad or nothing...im saying that the keep saying ideas to the other makers who want to make a pserv that this wont work and this and this and this...they keep giving them bad ideas not to make a pserv and why waste their time ????? they should really stop doing that
shadow/divine im sorry but i dont give a **** what u think bout me now

and btw the people who banned ple4sure for saying some comments..soomeone hacked him now..

all the posts that were written by ple4sure yesterday wasnt him and was someone else
Old 11/27/2011, 21:54   #19

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by canady View Post
Kyra_Wyndmere im not saying that omni is bad or nothing...im saying that the keep saying ideas to the other makers who want to make a pserv that this wont work and this and this and this...they keep giving them bad ideas not to make a pserv and why waste their time ????? they should really stop doing that
shadow/divine im sorry but i don't give a **** what u think bout me now

and btw the people who banned ple4sure for saying some comments..someone hacked him now..

all the posts that were written by ple4sure yesterday wasn't him and was someone else
It's quite all right, I knew you weren't saying they (Omni) were bad. I am looking forward to there being more ZO p-servs!! I hope more people get servers going! Not to take from Omni or their staff but simply to have options!
Sorry that Ple4sure got hacked, whoever is running that acct today tho, they sure seemed like they were trying to imply that they were Nina and that I simply could not allow to go unanswered!
Old 11/27/2011, 22:46   #20

@Kyra We know jon didn't have anything to do with omni being down, we are not pointing the finger at him. on our forums we already told people more or less whats going on we are just not going into details atm.

@pleasure omni was not hacked it is down for another reason nothing to do with being hacked, as for the best it is best because real development went into it. btw claiming to be jon aka nina/hinata seriously lol? bet you didn't expect someone to respond who lives with him huh? or jon himself to respond. now claiming to have been hacked? hacked hmm very convenient hmmm riiight...

@idlemonkey I said if you use our client then we would have a problem. I really don't care if you know who i am or not just saying I don't throw idle threats either, shadow has not responded because he don't feel like it; but omni is his work if anything is taken with out his consent don't expect it to be taken lightly that is what I mean. now if you can actually do original work yourself that's fine and dandy, but if it was our client then yea there would be a problem other then that I really don't care. If you can add new content that actually work then good going to you.

@ candy
we don't tell people they cant run a pserver we advice newbies zero is not a simple copy & past and poof its running perfect, we tell people it takes work! start small with something more simple; get a feeling for creating things themselves then move up the chain to something harder. start with example conquer move up after to eudemon's and still to do zero they need experience with data files ect. there are no tools to make the edits easy everything has to be done by hand.
If you can not edit simple things and get the server started and connected and the client to connect then your not ready to run a pserver.
there are so many who cant even get the most simplest thing working and they want it up so they can get allot of people playing in it.
I get a bunch of emails, pm's, MSN adds to help them set the server up and running I have tried to explain to others how to set the server up, but they cant even get the simple things done; how the hell are they going to fix the bugs if they cant even set the configs? see where I'm going here?
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/27/2011, 22:50   #21

wow full of fun and laughter here! btw its called a "private server" because its illegal, the only way to "legally" run a game server is if you make it your self giving you trademark, or get licensing permissions from the owner a.k.a. net dragon. however because you are "setting up a private server" with "stolen" files you can and will be shut down in a matter of days. as for your negative comments to omni war, sure its down now but after 2 years of up time and you still think you can beat that? good luck noobs. also if you seriously think you can make money off this game you will shut this server down your self's if it even makes it past a month, not only are you wasting your time but you will be losing money.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/28/2011, 12:33   #22

My 2 cents on this thread and the majority of posts in it.

The questions people should ask themselves is, 1: why was omni the only server to exist for 2years even after a dmca shutdown order in 2010 september, 2: why does and did every zo pserv (that wasn't omni) that tried to get going fail after 3months max time.

This game isn't a walk in the park, it is costly to operate, it takes real work, and I mean like full time job multiple people level of work and that is with an automated server framework (not batchfile task kills), a real dedicated server with a real connection, and some serious know how on how to create new client dat files and patch exes to correct serious game problems.

So unless someone is DMCA safe (host/location/dcma terms/and proper dmca agent most do not seem to understand this), must have a real server, must have a proper setup with a proper sql server, not the crap wamp and such junk found in guides, I mean real managed setup with properly managed db maint or we're talking db corruption over time, plenty of ram and this game eats far more than eo and co, and fast disk io. You also need more understanding than just "I can google translate a few entries in action table so I am awesomezor", you need to understand how to reverse engineer datasets, reconstruct new ones from scratch using those findings and create the content for it. The majority of what you can download is broken, it needs most of the server side db content emptied and replaced with new generated content.

So if you can't even dat->-db dump current zo data, there is no hope of a zo pserv surviving, and to this day the only server that had those tools is Omni, that is why we give people the chance to try (as long as they aren't steeling our work), and explain that the guides are for personal use, those files, the stuff you can download even on the Chinese sites, aren't fit to actually use for a live full server. ZO pserv up time history both cn and en pservs have been proof of the faults and up time problems this game has without the effort it takes to have it keep going. This way everyone can see it isn't a walk in the park, it is missing things, it does need work, and only a real dev would be able to write the tools to swim and not sink. No one knows if someone will be an actual dev (though to be fair not one has come around the zo scene short of us.).

So if someone is going to run a pserv of this game, then they are going to have no life outside of it, as it will consume 16hrs a day easily, due to rebuilding it from scratch (both server database and client dat files), patching server and client binaries with a debugger to fix game breaking critical flaws and exploits/hacks/cheats.

Translations are only 5% of the games problem, the rest is the fact it's garbage without all the hard work and the fact of it all is that I remain skeptical because of the 20 or so servers in the past year who either didn't get past trying to run it from home on hamachi/home internet raw ip (just 10users alone will eat through 80 to 120kbytes/sec upstream and very few have home connects who can handle such, even 10mbit for handling a decent load is only good for such but will not be enough to handle ddos, so a 100mbit connect server side is suggested for the sake of headache free operation bandwidth wise) or shithole thieving fakes like Crypton who just lied to people (not once but twice 2009 and 2011) and tried to steal work from Omni yet still went down in the time period I told everyone they would because they did not want to put in the time into the server side and they did not understand the client dats they stole from Omni did not match their server side database data or even how to create new database data from dats.

So to sum it all up, no life/full time dedicated hours = can run server, but also need extensive knowledge in reverse engineering to even fix the game so it's functional and stable, and there is no zo pserv public file set available for download that is as complete as eo and co, what you can get is all broken, bugged, incomplete, it all needs work, requires exe server side patching, client side exe patching, there is no walk in the park, it is more like a walk in hell without pants and a million little shits trying to stab your backend with hot pokers.

So good luck, but if it goes down I won't be surprised, as it's not like anyone listens anyway and they fail because they don't believe it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/28/2011, 13:00   #23

elite*gold: 540
this thread is about my server and a greeting to this particular forum it is not about omniwar or whoever nina is or any of that other **** no offence but if you want to have a converstation about that stuff why make a mess in my thread.. why not make your own..keep it on topic here.
actually even better if you dont have something nice to say.. or dotn have something to say about the topic of the thread.. how bout nothing at all instead

@MissTenshi why would I steal files from a server that apparently according to all the comments cant stay online and is being hacked and is full of bugs nuff said please stop posting stupid flaming remarks I never did anything wrong to you or anyone else here so knock it off

PS arent there moderators here?
Old 11/28/2011, 13:10   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlemonkey View Post
this thread is about my server and a greeting to this particular forum it is not about omniwar or whoever nina is or any of that other **** no offence but if you want to have a converstation about that stuff why make a mess in my thread.. why not make your own..keep it on topic here.
actually even better if you dont have something nice to say.. or dotn have something to say about the topic of the thread.. how bout nothing at all instead

@MissTenshi why would I steal files from a server that apparently according to all the comments cant stay online and is being hacked and is full of bugs nuff said please stop posting stupid flaming remarks I never did anything wrong to you or anyone else here so knock it off

PS arent there moderators here?
you seriously don't know anything, omniwar lasted 2 years and no it didn't have bugs it was/is the best there was/is Omniwar was never hacked, omni never went down except this once and it has nothing to do with being hacked you noob, I can see you only read two words of what anyone says i was not even flaming you but you obviously are an idiot who can not read and comprehend.
Old 11/28/2011, 13:27   #25

To, MizTenshi: He, like everyone before him, cares not to read, prefers to make assumptions, and does not listen. So we'll just have to watch history repeat itself, I am sure he can fix the speedhack and all the other problems.

To: mr idlemonkey, you can test the "client you made" against the speedhack that was made for crypton. If you can patch your exe to block it, then I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are capable of running a full server that is stable and over time updated and not just another scam and false hope. If someone can run a full server, then great, I hate TQ and anything against them is good, but I also hate people who deceive players who did nothing wrong to get shafted. However the proof to the people is, if you cannot block the speedhack, you wouldn't even be capable of updating 10's of thousands of database entries with dat data to fix the game as you would have to be capable of writing software from scratch to read/parse that data into importable data for the server side.

So if you are going to be a real host, prove it. Otherwise don't get so bitter over the zo community having some distaste to the 20 billion "I'm going to make a server" threads. If you read these forums, then you know people are skeptical.

My response wasn't meant to bash you, it was made to clear the air, and make things clear. Proof in actions of capability holds more worth than "I said I could do it". All I can say so far, is you've proven you are like the previous and advice falls on deaf ears.

Also make another baseless bash against Omni like that again, and you'll make an enemy of the 1 person in this scene who knows ZO more than anyone else, and I guarantee your server won't stay on.
Old 11/28/2011, 13:47   #26

elite*gold: 540
I am here to have fun play a game code a little and enjoy myself I am not here to argue with anyone make a million dollars or get called names for no reason
cant you guys understand not everyone is out to get you or steal your things, some of us just want to have a good time. if my server fails what does it affect any of you unless you play there?

Quote:
To: mr idlemonkey, you can test the "client you made" against the speedhack that was made for crypton.
sounds interesting.. I Ill have to try some of the methods I have used for other games. there are some very effective things you can do serverside to deal with these kinds of attacks at least to some extent depnding on the type. there is always some cheat or hack or silly thing to deal with no matter what game youre coding

Quote:
Also make another baseless bash against Omni like that again, and you'll make an enemy of the 1 person in this scene who knows ZO more than anyone else, and I guarantee your server won't stay on.
yeh youre right I probably shouldnt be having an argument with an obvious expert on the subject such as the owner of omni, butbaseless? when someone comes out of the gate calling you a theif and threatening you how else is a person to respond?

anyways I have/am a good host and host many games and Im not gonna go away so noob or not I will learn and I will have fun which is the only reason Im doing this.. if my server doesnt do well so what its not there for that.
Quote:
this game eats far more than eo and co, and fast disk io
yeh tell me about it lol. I upped it to 4gb for that particular host for now though I think will be enough
I have a pretty nice dedicated server thanks to my very helpful staff and support resources and Im glad to know Im on the right track then

Quote:
you seriously don't know anything, omniwar lasted 2 years and no it didn't have bugs it was/is the best there was/is Omniwar was never hacked, omni never went down except this once and it has nothing to do with being hacked you noob, I can see you only read two words of what anyone says i was not even flaming you but you obviously are an idiot who can not read and comprehend.
seriously lady Im sorry I have offended you for whatever reason but there is no need for you to act like this i have done nothing to you and your server and all I did was say hello you want to suggest Im a theif a liar a noob whatever, thats fine, but how can you say these things when you dont even know me? I dont know you either and never said anything to you until you suggested some rather rude things..... think about it how would you respond if I told you any one of the things you said to me ? we dont have to be enemies Im just here to have fun and I didnt steal nor do I intend on stealing anything from anyone let alone you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofthedark View Post
wow full of fun and laughter here! btw its called a "private server" because its illegal, the only way to "legally" run a game server is if you make it your self giving you trademark, or get licensing permissions from the owner a.k.a. net dragon. however because you are "setting up a private server" with "stolen" files you can and will be shut down in a matter of days. as for your negative comments to omni war, sure its down now but after 2 years of up time and you still think you can beat that? good luck noobs. also if you seriously think you can make money off this game you will shut this server down your self's if it even makes it past a month, not only are you wasting your time but you will be losing money.
thanks for the vote of confidence I am getting such a warm welcome here its just like home
Old 11/28/2011, 17:48   #27

Thumbs up

thanks for the vote of confidence I am getting such a warm welcome here its just like home[/QUOTE]

Well all the arguing aside I can't wait to see more PServs for ZO!!! I wish I was experienced enough to sign up for beta testing but there were just too many things in the game I never quite "got" without help. LOL
I'm sure your server will be just FAB!! I can't wait to try it out! I don't care about rates or fusions or any of that stuff people whinge about, I just want a nice, playable server.
Thanks in advance for building one!!!
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/28/2011, 18:39   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlemonkey View Post
[B] thanks for the vote of confidence I am getting such a warm welcome here its just like home
not everyone are negative there are some players who think your server wil be great !
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/28/2011, 20:31   #29

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksod7 View Post
The meaning of your words mean that the game Omniwar not opean againe
dead for good and they say in 1 week open naw over 1 month so boring but idlemonkey
make a server and i will help him grow it up as match I can
Old 11/28/2011, 20:39   #30

elite*gold: 90
ok time to sort things out

first of all
he is using my version ( server version from 2003 or 2005 , got no clue ... to long ago )

second , DMCA =
MizTenshi , you should know that already by now ^^

last but not least , it is partial omniwar ( yes it is the client , see startup screen , but a REALY old client ) because i never took the time to edit the client , but i got no clue where the database was coming from as it is about 2+ years ago that i started that server (got the client around same time)

the server edits does exist out of a big mix from differend developers , some developers messed around in it and broke it , others fixed parts in it ( thats from demonpower)

if i got time and i got things sorted out with my developer that i am currenly having then there will be back demonpower but on a differend way

to make you feel safe , no1 else exept me and idle got those zero files and i do not see him releasing it sooner or later ^^ (no comment about how he got them , that is betwean me and him )

hopely this clears out a lot of messy stuff on this post

if omniwar owner got a question , feel free to ask and i explain how he got the files (only to you because you are partial owner of it (atleast the client ) and deserve the right to know how he got it )

so for now , stop flaming at this nice guy and let him show his skills

to say even a little bit more
his servers are hosted on a nice system that only get used by the "real" gamers (omni know what i mean ) so it is not just a silly computer in his basement with a hamachi connection because of broken routers

hopely this clears things up

Greetings From PowerChaos