Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

WoWTop - WoW Privat Server List

Discussion on WoWTop - WoW Privat Server List within the WoW Private Server forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation WoWTop - WoW Privat Server List

Hello Community,
I want hereby present you my WoW Toplist.

Structure
  1. The idea
  2. What is a Toplist
  3. Benefits
  4. Development
  5. Info
  6. Conclusion

:: The idea

I got the idea while working on my server, where among other things annoyed me more and more how many toplists exist having completely worthless anti-cheat systems or not at all strive which incorporate

:: What actually is a Toplist
A system provided to register with websites.
These websites have to install the Code of the toplist in the source code for example on wowtop.de to rise in rank.
The higher the rank, the sooner, registred pages of the toplist can be seen by visitors.
So every click on the code is helpful for the page itself, and each registration is useful to list.

:: Benefits
While working on WoWTop I mainly taken out what other lists make wrong.

Banner
for example in the previous version () I had each banner uploaded to the server to prevent failures.
Why ? The answer is simpler than you think : broken banner does not load , if some does not load it hinder the correct load of the page and interfere therefore the visitors who then not only devalues ??the server which has "no" banner, but also the toplist apparently spreads incorrect source code.

Statistics
Many toplists are having only slovenly statistics or nothing.
Most displayed are only in / out clicks and the user itself does not even know what it means. Short explanation :

In-Click = A vote is usually credited to each person only once every 24 hours, whenever the named person clicks on the attached code on a side
Out-Click = number of visitors which have visited the listed server

the type of presentation that I did choose for wowtop loads not as fast as simple text ads, but A bar chart which provides information on each click that was made ??just looks better.
In addition, an rating system is integrated that works with famous stars and comments to make available unbiased reviews.
The work with social networks should now be obvious, equally unfortunately not for all list owners in the web.
As a special treat of my stats I find the following functions

Random Related Stats
If you visit the statistics of a server , you can consider the proposals of servers in the same category (Instant,Blizz,High etc.)

Last 10 Visitors
Last 10 Votes are recorded in detail (Browser,Operating system, time, country, Link where the page was voted)

Report broken Page/Banner
Defects banner or website /server can be reported and then they get corrected (defect Banner will be replaced by the normal banner, Pages which are offline will be appear with a strikethrough title ,example: [s]Cataclysm Server[/s])

Days without Votes
This display let visitors know immediately how long no one has voted for that server

Select country
Server can specify which language is usual to them, thereby promoting users searching for a server in their native language if required

Advertising
I have tried to bring on the page as little advertising as possible so that the browsing experience can be enjoyed

Style
The so-called style of a website should not be underestimated.
Toplists with only value on listing of servers had a big disadvantage that lies in the hand : Each of the list looks thinks (or should imagine ;D) oh my god how ugly and will go no further then to the page content.
I have set therefore the style of WoWTop on uniform design and overall view of what I have managed to hopefully :thumbsup:

Cheating/Faking
This point should be the main focus , because why register on a list if Votes and stats anyway wrong.
I wonder why some of the top lists are tolerate from registred sides the use of programs as hitfaker (by a list of IP's , so-called Proxies a link is accessed from any IP - each side recognizes the IP as real visitors and counts votes) , in this way the healthy competition for quality between the servers will be disturbed and most importantly is the possession of the best proxy list.
The so-called gateway (The page that comes when a vote link is open) is not even available at some lists!
This takes the visitor the opportunity to choose whether he wants votes or not, he has already confirmed automatically and allows access to the vote link by hitfaker.
WoWTop.de has not only a gateway but also a Captcha , The captcha should even try to suppress the programs that have been programmed to accept the Vote, because a number-/lettercode (virtually no decipherable from the outside) must be entered to confirm.
Unfortunately, cheating is not the only noticed offense by registered users.
In rare cases, Toplist Servers registering double-and triple or they think of new users to show visitors that they have an enormous number of users.
Through the reporting function, this is excluded in our list.

:: Development
i am always available For suggestions for improvement or criticism , I currently own work on the project itself, the processing of several messages could be a little drag on. If you have improvements for my english then quickly bring it on, because google is not very reliable! ;D

:: Info
Website

Creator
HeathenMan also known as Christian, 16 Years ; various HTML-/VB-knowledge

Contact
Contact form on WoWTop.de

:: Conclusion
Thanks to all who have just fought through here ;D
It may be that I do not often look over here in the thread. Finally, you have my contact data

MfG HeathenMan