Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

another cash strategy [ENG]

Discussion on another cash strategy [ENG] within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 235
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,758
Read this post as well to utilize this strategy. This will give you some background info on selling certain disenchanted items at the AH, as well as a good idea of their prices.

Make sure to read:
Good low lvl cash

Now here's the fun part, and this technique just requires good buying/selling techniques but goes far beyond what most people would do to make cash.

As ALL of you know who have placed items on the AH, many times your items simply don't sell. Even if you put a starting price of 4s on a level 8 item, it just doesn't happen. Now, that being said here's how the intelligent enchanter/disenchanter can take advantage of these low prices "short time remaining" auctions and turn them into serious cash.

Each evening, or multiple times a day take a look at your local AH, sort the Auction List by "time left", and find some enchanted (green named) items which are soon to end. Now out of these items, find ones that are particularly low priced.

This works especially well for armors from level 6-20, which are always abundant on the AH. For instance as I'm writing this, there are some level 10 belts, level 12 bracers and level 11 gloves with bids below or hovering around 2-4s. When disenchanted these items all typically provide 1-2 "Strange Dust", which can be sold in stacks of 10 at the Auction House for 1 Gold. They sell regularly, and will be snatched up by higher level enchanters.

So let's do some math:

If you are lucky enough to snatch 5 Level 15 Armor Items (useable or not by your player, it doesn't matter...you can disenchant it) you'll disenchant 10 "Strange Dusts". If you were lucky enough to get these 5 items at an average bid price of 5s each, you paid 25s for your 10 strange dusts. Turn around and sell that stack of 10 Strange Dust at the AH for 1 Gold, and BOOM you just made 75s profit.

Other items you'll disenchant from armor pieces level 10 and above are "Greater Magic Essence", which sell for FAR more than Strange Dust at the AH. Reference the link above and do the math, these stacks will make you even more cash.

This isn't tough to do, but not many people realize the true money making benefits of being just a level 1 enchanter. Take advantage of this when you need cash, or heck just do it for a living. There are so many auctions out there that end without a buyer at very low prices, whether it be because the item isn't very useful to any race, or if it's just a relatively new player placing a "noob" item on sale which no one has any use for......they're always on there. Now you know how to use them to your advantage!

Go make some cash.

**UPDATE..........this can be done with "Soul Dust" as well. Leatherworkers grind making "Hillsman Shoulders" (a level 21 piece of armor) in bulk while grinding their craft, and typically sell them at auction to get rid of the mass quantities they produce. I just purchased 4 hillman's shoulders via auction (all were "short" time remaining) and it resulted in 8 Soul Dust, I combined that with 2 soul dust I already had and sold the stack of 10 via shout for 2.5g! Total price of me winning the auctions? 12s (a little over 3 s a piece!). Smile
Old 12/30/2004, 05:41   #2

elite*gold: 0
Great strategy, thank you very much