Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > World of Warcraft > WoW Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 16:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Zygor Guide (Free and up2date)

Discussion on Zygor Guide (Free and up2date) within the WoW Guides & Templates forum part of the World of Warcraft category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/10/2012, 23:00   #16

elite*gold: 0
Guys, seriously. Leave the ZygorDDL alone and focus on constructive comments. Those "omg Whoknowsit's project was better/worse" posts will lead us to nowhere. So how about you just enjoy the free guide, instead of yaping all the time? Thanks.
Old 12/10/2012, 23:57   #17

yea Ty ♥
Old 12/11/2012, 09:27   #18

im not donating to someone who is apperantly that "pro" to kill his user dbase and asks for money too ? naaah...

thx for the share OP, much appreciated.
Old 12/11/2012, 14:21   #19

elite*gold: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkenhuus View Post
im not donating to someone who is apperantly that "pro" to kill his user dbase and asks for money too ? naaah...

thx for the share OP, much appreciated.
Lol, you know, you guys can download his share cause people like me donated when he first started sharing the first guides. He asked donations so that he could buy the last part of the guides, such as Leveling, Reputation, Professions, etc... So yeah you can thank him, and all the people that donated. I mean, everyone that are using his guides for free, just think that it wasn't free for some of us, and that we were glad to support him by donating. So yeah, if you think that you shouldn't donate to someone like Whoknowsit, that means that you weren't on the forums long enough. Especially when you made your account in 2008 and only posted 4 times on the forums

Anyways, I would like to say, on behalf of my Manaview sharing, that I am frustrated to see that people share the guides, even when Whoknowsit clearly states that he will stop he project if people share.
Cause we were thinking about doing this project for the whole community. I mean, with something like this, Elitepvpers could have a really nice second website where you would sign in, and be able to download guides. For us sharers, this is a heck of a project, and I am really pissed to see it go in the ground cause some idiots wanted to break the rules.

Anyways, thanks again Whoknowsit, I always tell you that I am behind you, 100% of the way
Thanks
6 Users
Old 12/11/2012, 15:41   #20

Now that ppl are sharing completely free with no strings attached why does it matter?Threads will keep being created with official zygors members wanting to get the guides out there, plus the cracked updaters floating around.
Keep it constructive, and keep it kind. Furthermore anonymous EPvP members going to torrent sites to flame those who are sharing will be banned from those sites without question. That is all.
Old 12/11/2012, 20:22   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiansrealm View Post
Now that ppl are sharing completely free with no strings attached why does it matter?Threads will keep being created with official zygors members wanting to get the guides out there, plus the cracked updaters floating around.
Keep it constructive, and keep it kind. Furthermore anonymous EPvP members going to torrent sites to flame those who are sharing will be banned from those sites without question. That is all.
Obsidian,

What some of us is trying to do IS constructive. We are trying to save something that was solid and stable. Yes people are sharing a guide now free with no strings attached, but for how long? I've seen this happen too many times in the past, as all of us have. John Cook AKA Zygor will change his tracking method, your "source" will dry up overnight, and everyone will be looking for a new source for a time until a new source is found. "Wash, Lather, Rise, Repeat". Cracked Downloaders will be shutdown within weeks if not days of launch... It's a cat and mouse game!

Some of us are tired of that cat and mouse game. We donated to WhoKnowsIt to end that. To secure a persistent source of updates. He offered the knowledge to keep his account safe as long as we do our part to HELP HIM do so as well. That was where the rules came into play. It wasn't him being a jerk or egotistical. It was him fighting to keep the account and the source safe for all of us. He asked for donations to help with purchasing upgrades, then when he moved to self hosting the project to help pay for the bandwidth of the hosting. He didn't require it. The ONLY thing he required and asked was to follow the rules for the account/source safety. Because if it was compromised, it would cost over 300$ US to re purchase again. He warned that he would monitor and he track. No one took him seriously.

So PLEASE, tell me... Where is this NOT constructive? Trying to explain the situation clearly.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/12/2012, 01:34   #22

It's well said, bristae! there is no further to say!
Old 12/12/2012, 01:34   #23

I like how ObsidianRealm reuploaded WhoKnowsIt's uploads like he had a ***-given right to do so.
Old 12/12/2012, 03:03   #24

I don't understand why...

Unemployment is a terrible state to be in. I have little money and WoW is a welcome diversion to help me feel better about myself, but I can't afford the cost of Zygor or other guides. I really appreciated the free posts, and I never violated the trust nor shared the guides elsewhere. Now, others have violated the trust because they wanted the recognition of the post. I do not understand why people abuse the trust of others...
Old 12/12/2012, 11:13   #25

Let me understand.
1. ZyggorDLL was create for some donors, premium users, tax payers, gift card users, coupon users or call them what you want for a private access of a copy of ZygorGuide. Was a private section but on public forums . They are a lot of ways to keep private not to put on EPVP.
2. I uploaded MY COPY OF ZYGOR GUIDE (Whoknows already confirmed wasn't dwl from him. If you still have doubts I can provide a SS of PayPal Recipe) and if my account will be ban why this will affect your donor, premium user, tax payer status??? If you donate/paid in the past and got a membership its your right, so if I'm banned this will not affect Whoknows Zygor copy. You will be able to keep private and get your copy.
3. If he stopped his project and removed donors/payers why will be this community problem??

P.S @ Bristae - I hope you understand my English if not, learn to read or use a Google Translate.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/12/2012, 11:27   #26

I think I'll start reporting every comment that contains ******** about Whoknowsit's version and all this "stealing" case. It's getting ridiculous.
Old 12/12/2012, 11:47   #27

Its not ********, I liked the idea of ZygorDLL but for some ppl really matters few bucks and I don't have even one bad word for Whoknowsit. What I don't like its the MONOPOLY on something shared on a public forum. Like I said b4, they are a lot of ways to keep private.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/12/2012, 15:29   #28

Keep it constructive means constructive comments. All this mud slinging is getting us nowhere and fast. Just close the thread because any time ANYONE shares these guides, the fighting starts when someone offers an alternative source regardless of who gave who permission or shared where or whatever. No one is EVER happy. Just end it, and close it. Thank you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/12/2012, 15:56   #29

There are two sides to this discussion, those that believe in a free completely 'open to availability' of software and those that appreciated the 'extra benefit' of being a subscriber.

What those arguing for the former are missing is the fact that WhoKnowsIt... was making the Zygor guides free for all... the distinction between the standard (free to all) and premium (single contribution) access was faster download speeds and more frequent access.

As anyone who legitimally hosts data for download will know, more frequent and greater numbers of downloaders = increased cost of hosting.

I and many others were happy to pay a once only subscription to contribute towards the cost of hosting. It had nothing to do with charging the 'community' for the zygor guides.

But, as has been said before, it seems that a few 'spoilsports' wanted to be all high 'n mighty in the warez/P2P world and broke the very simple rule of not redistributing to preserve a protected source.

Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/12/2012, 17:15   #30

Looks like a few 'leet' wannabes in the fs/p2p community have ruined it for the rest of us people who were happy to play by the rules..

Gratz to them, getting where you are today by standing on the shoulders of giants.

I can't blame WhoKnowsIt for withdrawing DLL, its was great while it lasted, shame some jerkoffs have to spoil it for the rest of us.