Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

bypassing gates in-game

Old   #1

elite*gold: 209
The Black Market: 135/1/0
Received Thanks: 17,590
A little fun with model editing.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

* 1. Launch MyWacraftStudio.

* 2. Open Patch.mpq.

* 3. Navigate to world/wmo/PVP/fence.

* 4. Extract these to your desktop.
The correct directory structure should be like this: world/wmo/PVP/fence . If you have to, you can create it yourself.

* 5. Open wmo.mpq . Find a small .wmo file and extract it to the same folder as above. Once you have extracted it, you need to rename it as follows:

Alliance fence - ArathiAllianceFence.wmo

Horde fence - ArathiHordeFence.wmo

The files with 000 in them, delete!

* 7. You should now have something like this: world/wmo/PVP/fence and 2 files in that directory. Now, just move the whole World directory to your World of Warcraft/data folder.

* 8. Log on and enjoy.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0

Wait wait wait....
And now i can simply pass (example) the gate to hyial?
Closed Qiray Doors?
Or i miss understand something

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by Laok@Apr 21 2006, 12:47

Wait wait wait....
And now i can simply pass (example) the gate to hyial?
Closed Qiray Doors?
Or i miss understand something
No I Think this is for the Doors at the PvP Battlegrounds
Old   #4

The example above is for the Arathi Gates only, but probably this method should also aply to other objects in the game.

All it does - as I understand it, is to remove the collision detection object from the model.

I would be shocked, if the game would make it this easy to bypass barriers...

Can one be banned for such modifications?

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by hoaxx@Apr 21 2006, 13:02
The example above is for the Arathi Gates only, but probably this method should also aply to other objects in the game.

All it does - as I understand it, is to remove the collision detection object from the model.

I would be shocked, if the game would make it this easy to bypass barriers...

Can one be banned for such modifications?
yeah, one ccould definitely get caught for doing this... someone reportted me, and i just blamed lag..
Old   #6

Patched ^^

FYI this will get you banned fast. If you bypass a gate and cap one of the nodes before the gates open, everyone in the battle ground will report you. I would strongly advise against using this exploit.
Old   #7

Quote:
Patched ^^
Is it fixed?

It's funny to imagine the opposite faction's surprised faces when you tab all the flags in AB before they even come out -> 100% report, that's for sure.

But if that works, you could e.g. bypass the doors inside scholomance and farm shadow skins as you did with the die-logout-and-return-as-ghost-exploit (which got fixed afaik) or use it for other exploits.
Old   #8

Does anyone know the filenames for the things that block the portals in caverns of time.
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by hydrox@Apr 21 2006, 15:04
Patched ^^

FYI this will get you banned fast. If you bypass a gate and cap one of the nodes before the gates open, everyone in the battle ground will report you. I would strongly advise against using this exploit.
You cant cap one of the nodes if the gates arent open, the white flag spawns when its started.
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by hoaxx@Apr 21 2006, 18:55
But if that works, you could e.g. bypass the doors inside scholomance and farm shadow skins as you did with the die-logout-and-return-as-ghost-exploit (which got fixed afaik) or use it for other exploits.
This sounds much better than the Arathi Exploit.
Old   #11

i used this model swapping stuff for getting herbs faster, takes a while to change everything, but it works! use either ragnaros or some big npc to replace all your herbs so you'll never miss them again.

if you use a tiny model (like an herb) for doors and such in instances where they block you, could you really bypass them this easily? i have to start thinking about places that 'block' me i a certain way to start doing this. in solo instance runs who would report you for using this? just gotta find the correct use for it.

but do the actual physical constraints of the fences/doors dissapear with a simple client side model swapping? like if i put a bridge model instead of an herb, will i be able to walk on it? O_o