Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > World of Warcraft > WoW Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros
You last visited: Today at 02:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

3.1 DK Exploit, Improved Presence Bug

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
3.1 DK Exploit, Improved Presence Bug

Sorry if it is a repost.

Short version: I discovered on PTR that if you have an Improved Presence talent on your spec, and then swap specs using the Dual Spec feature, you maintain your improved Presence until the next time you cahnge presences. As long as you stay in your current Presence, you'll have your old spec's bonus. This works for everything except the 4% heal from Improved Blood Presence (it does work for the 10% extra healing taken while in Blood Presence though).

How to exploit:

So let's say you're playing an unholy spec. You think to yourself, "Gosh, switching between Unholy Presence and Frost Presence is *hard* work. I wish I could have a super-duper Blood Presence that i could just use all the time.

Well now you can! Make your primary spec an unholy PvP spec with 0 points into Improved Unholy Presence (because it won't work even if you put points into it). Use those 2 points on something else.

Make your secondary spec some *garbage* spec that includes both Improved Frost Presence and Improved Blood Presence. None of the other talents mattter, spend them randomly.

Now, go into your secondary spec. Switch to any presence, then switch to Blood Presence. Both of your Improved Presences are now active on that BLood Presence. Now swap back to your primary spec and *stay* in Blood Presence. You can join arena. Log in/out. Do whatever you want, and You will have blood presence in unholy PvP spec that gives you 10% more healing taken and 10% more HP -- eliminating the need for you to ever swap to Frost Presence for defense. The effect will remain active until you change presences -- so avoid doing it, or you'll have to swap to your secondary spec and reactivate both improved presences again.

You can combine any 2 presences you want and have them active in any build you want doing this. So if you'd rather have 15% more Run SPeed and 10% hp on your Blood presence, then do Imp Unholy + Imp Frost on your secondary build.

You could be an unholy tank in Frost presence with 2% extra damage reduction (from improved frost) and 10% extra healing taken. You could be a Frost Dk with 10% more hp (without spending the points for it) and 10% more healing taken while in Unholy Presence.

The choice is yours.

As I said, the only bonus which does not remain active after the spec swap is the 4% of damage done as healing from Improved Blood Presence. All 5 other bonuses from the 3 talents will work provided you're in the correct presence to receive those bonuses. Remember, you can't just swap specs, you have to swap specs, then swap presences, then swap back.

Knock yourselves out.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
didn`t work