Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Warsong Flag Lag Exploits

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Warsong Flag Lag Exploits

Some of this exploit was already posted, but i am coming with an all around explanation and all possible uses of this exploit. I am trying to contribue in any way i can, so thought and did some research on that matter...

This exploit is based on the fact that some actions in WOW are done on your client PC (like moving your character) and some are done on server (like swinging weapons and initiating spell casts). So, if you lag, and while you lag, you move around, when lag clears, in game you will blink from start to end location. And if you lag and use abilities/attacks, you wont do them until your lag clears, then you will try to do all those at once and only 1 will work...

And for some unknown reason, Warsong Flag interaction, the one that stays in the base, is done CLIENT-SIDE!

Thus making several exploits possible:

1) INSTA-CAPTURE FLAG

while lag is active go in, grab flag and run out of the base, then the lag clears, you will insta-grab flag and can insta-score it, if you travel from one base to the other while you lag.

By the way, in that thread, poster greatly explains how to create artificial lag.

2) You can take TWO or MORE flags at once

Someone posted it, as a bug happened to him, i am telling you, this is 100% reliable! Every player of your team can get a flag, actually. One of them can have no artificial lag, others must take flag while they have a lag.

This works like this: Each of you create lag, enter the enemy base, grab the enemy flag, and when all of you clicked the flag, you can wear lag off, and then all of the players clicked will have flag taken. Then you can bring them to your base and score each 30 seconds.

3) You can DESTROY enemy flag FOREVER.

This requires enemy to be almost getting your flag captured. Their FC must be near their base with your flag, while their flag must be safe at their flag point. The trick is to turn on artificial lag, and take the enemy flag, then turn off artificial lag AFTER enemy scores, but before flags respawn (you have 30 seconds). Then enemy will score, but when you get out of lag, there will be a message "*You* have taken *your opposite team* flag" and "flag taken" icon will appear near their score. BUT since there is NOTHING to take, since no flag is spawned, you will get NO FLAG.

When it comes to the flag respawn time, game will see that flag is taken and assume it exists, and WONT spawn enemy flag. Thus making game impossible to finish. They can take your flag, bring it to their base, and stay there forever, with no chance to score. You just have nothing to take! So you can enjoy honor farm and loling in chat and wait for GM to come and respawn flag for you

(This happened to me yesterday, i had crappy connection and i was trying to snatch enemy flag just before they cap, but got lag, and when lag ended, they scored, but i got "flag taken" message and had no flag on me... then the story continued as i described. We opened a ticket and GM came and respawned flag for us in 30 minutes...)

------======-------

Hope that helps, though if you try to repeatedly win using this exploit, you will likely get banned or suspended for bug expoiting, but it can be used to toy with opponens or amuse ppl.

Like we had it happen when we got two times same horde premade. First time we tried our best but lost, they were really stronger. Second time we met them right in the next our game, and damn, we did not want to loose again. We tried our best again, struggled hard but they got 1/0, and we almost got it to the tie, but 1 second before our FC would have reached our flag and scored, enemy hunter taken our flag and killed our fc... then he was going to his base, scoring for 2/0, i tried to get their flag again and that lag thingie happened. After 2/0 they got our flag again but they could no longer score it.

Well, that premade stood there for 4-5 minutes with our flag on flag point unable to cap, and left... Having no marks and no bonus honor
This can be like punishment for preying on the weak
And first two exploits- well, bad you cannot seee enemy face ))))

Old   #2

kann bestätigen dass es geht das hat gestern einer bei mir in ws gemacht ^^

Old   #3

hab "INSTA-CAPTURE FLAG" gerad mehrmals getestet und es geht NICHT.

Es passiert folgendes: Nachdem man wie beschrieben den Lag beseitigt erscheint im Chat: "Deinname" hat die Flagge aufgenommen und oben wo der Punktestand angezeigt wird steht ebenfalls das die Flagge aufgenommen wurde... Aber Man hat KEINEN Flaggen-Buff, auch nicht das Flaggenmodel desweiteren wird man nach ablaufen des Countdowns NICHT auf der Karte angezeigt und natürlich kann man die Flagge NICHT abgeben. Die Flagge verschwindet auch nich sondern kann von anderen Mitspielern normal aufgenommen werden.

Das Zerstören der Flagge konnte ich erst einmal ausprobieren aber bei mir ging es genau so wenig, könnte aber auch an meinem timing liegen (also evtl mal wer anderes testen).

0/10

Zum laggen wurde Netlimiter und wahlweise 2x µTorrent benutz
Old   #4

îch hatte auch schon den fall das die horde flagge einen träger hatte war aber einfach weg
das bg hat dann 8h + gedauert bin dann iwann raus weil ich müde war

Old   #5

insta-capture-flag kann ich mir auch schwer vorstellen.
Ich mein du drehst den Lag hoch und wenn der solange anhält kriegste, je nach Stärke, eigentlich nen DC. zumindest wars bei mir so.