Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 16:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

It Was a Legend - Driver Video Game Series

Discussion on It Was a Legend - Driver Video Game Series within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 3
Post Driver Video Game Series : It Was a Legend

The game that first kills and then resurrects the GTA game series.

The year 1999... Believe me guys, I will never forget those first two hours I played Driver. Because I couldn't pass the training part in those two hours! Those who played remember, there was a 'Checklist' in the upper right and we were trying to do the written moves with the car inside the garage. I'm doing, I'm always missing one; I get angry and hang up. When I start the game again, I also go crazy when I see that I can't do the moves I did in the previous game!

This whole process ends with me getting an English dictionary and learning what the movements are and encountering that magical game itself. In fact, Driver was GT Interactive's first answer to the question, "What would it look like if this game was 3D?!" asked by the audience who played GTA 2. Yes, maybe we couldn't walk around the city on foot, but thanks to this, the game “You are the wheelmen!” It did justice to its slogan.

As we were able to roam freely in the city and steal cars with Driver 2, the game structure called 'GTA type' today (of course, another legend that emerged after a while; GTA III) was thus shaped.

Driver 1 and Driver 2 games became a real hits, games that brought crazy amounts of money to the developers of the games and its loved by millions of players.

Due to the success in Driver 1 and Driver 2. Atari and Reflections companies announced that they have started working on the Driver 3. However, right after this announcement GTA 3 was released in 2001. GTA III was not only a huge hit, it was also a game that deeply affected the entire game world. I don't need to explain GTA III, we all already know, the effect of the game was so great that even reflections and atari were under this effect.

GTA III was a game that modernized the game features already made by the Driver 2. As such, it was announced that Driver 3 will appear with 3 different cities, more than 70 vehicles and a huge map. While Atari and Reflections couldn't release Driver 3 yet, two games were released for the GTA series and both of them influenced the gaming world. (GTA III, GTA VICE CITY)

Atari and reflections have decided to release an unfinished version of driver 3. Atari had tried this before in the Enter The Matrix (2003) and it was successful. However, Enter The Matrix was almost over and the popularity of the matrix brand was very high in those years. But driver 3 wasn't even close to being finished yet.

As a result of Atari efforts to make quick money from Driver 3, the sales figures were not bad at all when the game was first released. however, with the release of game reviews, sales of the game should have increased, but there was a serious decrease in sales. Driver 3 sales did not even exceed the 1 million sales threshold.

Driver was sold to ubisoft and today it continues with new name Watch Dogs

PS: When Watch Dogs was first released by ubisoft the company was again shown as an alternative competitor to GTA series. Fortunately for the watch dogs things are progressing successfully and that's not bad at all. ^^

Attached Images
File Type: jpg driver_san_francisco (1).jpg (5.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 03/11/2022, 13:55   #2

elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 313/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,287
Dont bring up Driver memories.. good old times. Miss Driver 1 & 2
Old 03/15/2022, 12:22   #3

elite*gold: 12
Only true OG's still know Driver 1 & 2

Rest in peace..
Old 03/19/2022, 16:07   #4

Halala this game! ... A pure bomb ! I still remember it ! I found a bug (in Las Vegas I think) where I could drive on the beach. I think I had to be pushed by policemen and drive into a little corner with a barrel in it hahaha! It projected me super high and I could go on the beach hahaha What good evenings with friends on this game! Nostalgia Nostalgia...

And to think that now there are 75% of the games that are pure **** T_T Long live the PS1!
Old 04/30/2022, 20:25   #5

I hope more stories will be posted like this,enjoyable to read
Old 05/02/2022, 01:00   #6

elite*gold: 19
Man, this was my GTA back and the day