Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 20:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Dreamfall Chapters moving into full development

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,181
Dreamfall Chapters moving into full development

Kickstarter campaign for Dreamfall Chapters was completed, and the Red Thread Games has collected nearly twice as much money for the development of the game than they had planned.

Dreamfall Chapters was successfully funded, just few days after he started Kickstarter campaign. A lot things has been achieved - 1.5 million dollars, which is almost double than the requested amount.
That is still less than the budget which was used to made previous game from the The Longest Journey series, but the developer assures us that he has all he need to make a great adventure.

The additional amount will bring a lot of good things. For starters, the game will be released in the Mac and Linux versions. Chapters will contain real small in-game encyclopedia with books about the game world, and a novel, that will show all previous events from the series. Sountrack games will get more songs, and French and German subtitles will be added. Finally, a new Dreamfall will get more locations and characters than it was originally planned.

The goals, that was not achieved, are versions for iOS and Android, and a separate 2D adventure that would explain, from the first-person, the story of April Ryan. However, it is not excluded subsequent porting to iOS / Android, and for Miss Ryan - the developer is still hoping that they will one day get the chance to finish her ​​story from her visions.

Either way, in the new video you can see how the development of the game flowing, a little gameplay (this time in Europolis) and for the first time - Kian Alvin

Thanks
1 User