Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > User Submitted News
You last visited: Today at 06:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[NINTENDO's SUCCESS]

Discussion on [NINTENDO's SUCCESS] within the User Submitted News forum part of the News & More category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[NINTENDO's SUCCESS]

Hello elitepvpers!

Nintendo is a Japanese multinational consumer electronics company located in Kyoto, Japan. It was founded on the 23rd of September, 1889 by Fusajiro Yamauchi and it began producing handmade hanafuda cards. Nintendo developed into a video game company, becoming the most influential in the industry, and Japan's third most valuable listed company, with a market value of over US$ 85 billion.

Nintendo has announced that 17.13 million 3DS consoles have now been sold worldwide. The figure covers all sales up to the end of March 2012.

That means that in the last three months the company has sold over two million more 3DS units. A previous tally of 15.03 million was jotted down at the end of last year.

Also, several 3DS games scored huge sales numbers, with Nintendo's superb Super Mario 3D Land still the best-selling title on the system. It has notched up an impressing 5.84 million sales since its launch last November, but only 800,000 more this year.

Right behind him is Mario Kart 7- it has sold 5.24 million, up from 4.54 million in the months of January through March.

Excellent Zelda port Ocarina of Time is now on 2.61 million sold, mediocre spin-off Pokémon Rumble has captured 1.08 million and feline friendly Nintendogs + Cats has managed 2.80 million.

Even with all these sales, Nintento has still posted its first overall loss for the financial year. The company lost 43.2 billion yen (Ł329.14m), a figure partly blamed on the poor overseas performance of the Japanese currency.

More 3DS and Wii consoles are expected to be sold this year than last. The company has also forecasted a return to profitability for the current financial year. Nintendo's margins should also be helped by the upcoming Wii U console, expected to launch by Christmas.