Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Off-Topics > Technical Support
You last visited: Today at 12:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Dual Core or Quad Core for Multi-Clienting Games

Discussion on Dual Core or Quad Core for Multi-Clienting Games within the Technical Support forum part of the Off-Topics category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Dual Core or Quad Core for Multi-Clienting Games

So I have recently found a buyer for my old processor and now and looking around to upgrade my processor for something with VT support. I know that the general rule is that higher clocked dual cores will outperform lower clocked quad cores in gaming. However this is only makes the assumption that you are gaming with a single game running.

What I intend to do is run multiple games at once such as Mabinogi (2-3 clients) and Aion. I am still wondering whether this rule will still apply.

My current build is a Radeon HD4830 and I am limited to a socket 775 with FSB support of 800-1333mhz. My budget is $180 but if possible to reduce this amount it would be preferred since I am reusing my old rig so who knows if I will hand it down to my brother in a year or two.

I am currently looking at the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale or Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400. If anyone else would have any recommendations or opinions to throw out it would be greatly appreciated.