Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Suggestions & Feedback
You last visited: Today at 12:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NativeJS && NodeJS Section

Discussion on NativeJS && NodeJS Section within the Suggestions & Feedback forum part of the General category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
NativeJS && NodeJS Section

Can I request a section for JS development and maybe a subsection for NodeJS development. NodeJs has become an industry standard over the years and I think it's about time that we have a section for it

NodeJS currently holds the highest market position in terms of each targeted traffic.

I understand we already have Web Development and General Coding sections but with NodeJS development on the rise, I think at the very least, we need a "Backend Development" subsection under Web development if we can't get a whole section dedicated to it.

It would also be beneficial to all if the section was divided into NativeJS and NodeJS sections.

Greetz
Old 11/14/2021, 14:39   #2

elite*gold: 80
The Black Market: 374/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,378
Yes, Node.js is probably the most popular language since a couple of years and TypeScript makes it actually useable but honestly, elitepvpers is not the right place to get help or share code issues on the net, no matter what programming language we talk about.
Old 11/14/2021, 20:38   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looneytune View Post
Yes, Node.js is probably the most popular language since a couple of years and TypeScript makes it actually useable but honestly, elitepvpers is not the right place to get help or share code issues on the net, no matter what programming language we talk about.
Then why the coders den
Old 11/15/2021, 12:34   #4
Administrator

elite*gold: 14617
The Black Market: 189/0/0
Received Thanks: 13,860
should fit for node related discussions.

The elitepvpers community has some very talented coders, imo it's not that bad place to ask questions, maybe an alternative to everything-is-a-stupid-question-stackoverflow.
Old 11/15/2021, 12:46   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
should fit for node related discussions.

The elitepvpers community has some very talented coders, imo it's not that bad place to ask questions, maybe an alternative to everything-is-a-stupid-question-stackoverflow.
Understood but imho, this section doesn't fit the point as node is a backend system and does not correlate 100% to web development.

Example:
I create a JS node that reads a sqlite or mysql database and acts on the changes based in the database, then altering the database yet again.

This relates to more to general development.
Node has quick a few use cases like this, including neural networking now.

Highly agreed and when you take into consideration the specific nature of what we try to achieve, SO has rules against specific topics, including anything that may log user actions in a possibly malicious way.
Old 11/15/2021, 13:22   #6
Benutzertitel

Received Thanks: 2,864
I think an extra section just for NodeJS would not be worth it. If you look at the current sections there, new threads are rarely created there. When you also start making a section for a programming language, more arrive after that. When it does not fit for the web development, use the General Coding (Discuss anything about Coding in this forum.)
Old 11/15/2021, 15:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsome View Post
I think an extra section just for NodeJS would not be worth it. If you look at the current sections there, new threads are rarely created there. When you also start making a section for a programming language, more arrive after that. When it does not fit for the web development, use the General Coding (Discuss anything about Coding in this forum.)
My point was more regarding the languages that get augmented along the way.
Are we to fill up these sections with specific languages more and more as time progresses?

NodeJS is extremely popular, in 2 years I can see these sections being filled with what could be avoided if sectional implementations were made.
Consider this a "pre-emptive suggestion" if you will.

Especially with TS, I can see that NJS will only have further implementations built on top of this, are we to ignore the exponential rise in Node Development? You have entire sections for .net languages, where the usage of JS heavily outweights any .net langs.

All in all, when we consider the above factors, I feel this would be a beneficial move for the forum.