Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Weird graphics bug

Discussion on Weird graphics bug within the SRO PServer Questions & Answers forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Unhappy Weird graphics bug

Hello, just asking if anyone has come across this graphics bug seen in the picture below. Opening with SroMapEditor the model is displayed correctly.

Old 09/27/2022, 15:46   #2

just missing some ddj
Old 09/27/2022, 15:49   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over56 View Post
just missing some ddj
But then how would the map editor display the model correctly?
Old 09/27/2022, 16:20   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehaifisch View Post
But then how would the map editor display the model correctly?
The map editor uses .bsr files
Try to find the object name (it's easy especially if you open the map editor) and check if it has the correct .bsr and .ddj files
You can always use a different Data.pk2
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/27/2022, 16:25   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post
The map editor uses .bsr files
Try to find the object name (it's easy especially if you open the map editor) and check if it has the correct .bsr and .ddj files
You can always use a different Data.pk2
Thanks, that might be a life saver there. I tried looking for missing/corrupt bsr files by comparing their checksums to ones from different a data.pk2 but the bsr files were the same. This explains why and sets me on the right track to compare ddj files
Old 09/27/2022, 18:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehaifisch View Post
Thanks, that might be a life saver there. I tried looking for missing/corrupt bsr files by comparing their checksums to ones from different a data.pk2 but the bsr files were the same. This explains why and sets me on the right track to compare ddj files
Mhm.
The model itself is a .bsr but the image plastered on it is a .ddj and that's probably the media side
Old 09/28/2022, 22:36   #7

Before you start to compare all files, please share the spec of your computer.
If you are playing with a (mobile) intel GPU and are using windows 10, you will see some strange issues with DX9.
E.g. char portraits missing, few bugs on models...

Thanks
1 User
Old 09/28/2022, 22:59   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKeks View Post
Before you start to compare all files, please share the spec of your computer.
If you are playing with a (mobile) intel GPU and are using windows 10, you will see some strange issues with DX9.
E.g. char portraits missing, few bugs on models...

Thank you! I actually compared the model file checksums to isro and found no difference and I didn't understand how that could be... And yeah I am using an i5-7300U and an HD Graphics 620...