Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server > SRO PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 23:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release][WIP] JavaScript HTML5 Launcher (electron.js)

Discussion on [Release][WIP] JavaScript HTML5 Launcher (electron.js) within the SRO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 133
[Release][WIP] JavaScript HTML5 Launcher (electron.js)

Ok so basically as title says this is the SRO launcher I'm currently working on - made entirely in V8 (chrome, nodejs) engine.

What's the benefit?
- Its ******* simple
- HTML5, CSS3
- Chrome dev-tools
- ES6 (Modern JavaScript) as core language
- Electron framework was built to support cross-platform (unfortunately sro wasn't).

What are current features?
- Auto game installer
- About 80mb of total (download from site) size
- Authentication to access the server
- Frameless design
- Simple multiclient
- Client-side proxy (think of benefits)
- Launcher auto-update over public electron channel
- Opens frameless browser windows with specific pages.
- Auto bundler & installer creator (npm run make)

Project roadmap?
- optional SilkroadSecurityJS on both proxy sides
- Wrapping up with my node-sro-proxy project
- Extend devtools to have scripting system like phBot does but in JavaScript
- Game auto-updater
- ReactJS for better UI handling
- lots more.. to think.

Some important notes
- When packaging the app make sure the client & cache folders are empty otherwise it will create installers with the entire client in.

Find the repositories accordingly:
(launcher code)
(simple proxy server example)

I'm personally using this for CSRO-R files but it should really work well for any SRO version.

Happy development - make sure you're not a greedy/selfish **** and do pull requests.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (90.7 KB, 2086 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (92.4 KB, 2074 views)
File Type: gif 3.gif (1.89 MB, 2013 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (89.0 KB, 505 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (92.9 KB, 320 views)
File Type: gif Animation.gif (3.69 MB, 438 views)
Thanks
18 Users
Old 05/25/2021, 12:09   #2

elite*gold: 0
Amazing work (Y)
Old 05/25/2021, 21:43   #3

Perfect but, since you're using electron it will take a lot of space, the app size will be at least 90MB which isn't a bad thing but for dinosaurs like me who grew up with 3GB of hard disk, it's disturbing
Old 05/26/2021, 09:35   #4

elite*gold: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by _SGA_ View Post
Perfect but, since you're using electron it will take a lot of space, the app size will be at least 90MB which isn't a bad thing but for dinosaurs like me who grew up with 3GB of hard disk, it's disturbing
Is 90mb in 2021 a real thing?

Having 2 tb ssds installed?
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/26/2021, 10:16   #5

elite*gold: 133
Quote:
I think you haven't heard about such things as improved user experience and better onboarding.
e.g. Compare an user willing to download 3gb client with his slow connection against the same user willing to download 100mb, obviously this is a dirty trick but.. it works very well.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/26/2021, 12:22   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artuuro_lv View Post
I think you haven't heard about such things as improved user experience and better onboarding.
e.g. Compare an user willing to download 3gb client with his slow connection against the same user willing to download 100mb, obviously this is a dirty trick but.. it works very well.
I know but I'm such a psycho that I deleted everything from the pk2 files that's not used in the game, so if you ever played in any of my servers you'll know that my client file is only 900MB.

But I agree with you, and I don't say this isn't better I'm just saying it's hard to understand for dinosaurs
Old 05/26/2021, 12:27   #7

Thanks Artuuro, also for the source code in JS !
Old 05/26/2021, 12:56   #8

elite*gold: 276
Quote:
I know but I'm such a psycho that I deleted everything from the pk2 files that's not used in the game, so if you ever played in any of my servers you'll know that my client file is only 900MB.

But I agree with you, and I don't say this isn't better I'm just saying it's hard to understand for dinosaurs
They dont know you sali, maybe you guys heard about blackrouge or bambo sro
Old 05/26/2021, 13:42   #9

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryotic View Post
Maybe he should buy a PC with the profit..
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/26/2021, 14:36   #10

Thanks Artuuro, i'll take a look on repo.
Old 06/06/2021, 05:58   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by #HB View Post
Maybe he should buy a PC with the profit..
That's the problem of today's coders, they don't try to refine their code to be more effective and well optimized, instead they're saying no problem, today's powerful systems will run my trash code anyway, that's the reason programs nowadays are buggy and hogging system resources like crazy.

I'm not talking about this launcher, I'm saying what's it like in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryotic View Post
Wow Zizo you haven't forgotten my name since 2013 <3
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/06/2021, 11:30   #12

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
That's the problem of today's coders, they don't try to refine their code to be more effective and well optimized, instead they're saying no problem, today's powerful systems will run my trash code anyway, that's the reason programs nowadays are buggy and hogging system resources like crazy.
Maybe that's the problem of today's people, they don't try to update their setup, instead they claim developers are doing it inefficiently.

Your words are correct too, but there are cases my friend, you can't call that out on any application, which doesn't make your PC any better.

Don't be stingy, just update your setup.