Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] How to compress client size.

Discussion on [Guide] How to compress client size. within the SRO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Old 07/09/2013, 15:18   #31

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,010
LZMA (algo 7z uses) is the most efficient method to pack game clients like sro (use lzma2 if you have multiple cores/threads). You don't really need themida to pack your client, as it's very bad in actually making it smaller, it's purely developed to protect your client. You better use UPX, which is free and does not protect your client (so you can still use most bots).

You could also throw out all the unnecessary stuff and zones, if you for example have a CH only server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickl View Post
I doubt it. Link to that client would be cool
I can confirm this, but it's just the original vsro client with the added venture stuff (and some extras)

however it's a test build, so we're obviously not gonna upload it

did you select lzma(2) and ultra when you compressed your client?
Old 07/09/2013, 15:27   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
I can confirm this, but it's just the original vsro client with the added venture stuff (and some extras)

however it's a test build, so we're obviously not gonna upload it

did you select lzma(2) and ultra when you compressed your client?
Yeah I did. The settings I showed in a screenshot on the previous page were the ones I've been using.
Tried different ones as well, but it didn't get any better than 1,21GB

Maybe the isro client is bigger than the vsro client(with all the arabia stuff), dunno
Old 07/09/2013, 15:31   #33
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
and why not removing stupid texture and unnecessary files that are stubbed on the client since ages and not even Joymax uses
Old 07/09/2013, 15:35   #34

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickl View Post
Yeah I did. The settings I showed in a screenshot on the previous page were the ones I've been using.
Tried different ones as well, but it didn't get any better than 1,21GB

Maybe the isro client is bigger than the vsro client(with all the arabia stuff), dunno
Yeah, I'm guessing the latest iSRO client is a bit bigger than the vsro files (don't forget the vsro testserver files are quite old by now)
Old 07/10/2013, 20:50   #35

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
Yeah, I'm guessing the latest iSRO client is a bit bigger than the vsro files (don't forget the vsro testserver files are quite old by now)
Don't forget the new shitload of avatars every month.