Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reworking the gameplay? My worthless thoughts.

Discussion on Reworking the gameplay? My worthless thoughts. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Smile Reworking the gameplay? My worthless thoughts.

Hi there. I've been playing this game since like...forever, and during this time I've been quitting and coming back to it more than I liked to (which is the case for most of the sro players lol). This time, tho, my frustration with psro scene is unbearable. All these "new", "long-term" servers with their "job-based" systems and "innovative" ideas are just copies of what we already saw. No offense to servers that implemented great stuff - their devs are doing hell of a work.

My question is why stick to the system that failed more than once and keep creating those servers that are already dead before they even start, why not rework the gameplay and let the game speak for itself instead of labelling it with nice terms? I know that The Fail is on joymax side, because they created a game that was supposed to be based on jobbing but instead it became a grind/bot fest until the max cap and getting best set which makes this game nothing more but ratrace...

I don't know if it is possible, but throwing out (not completely obviously) grinding and replacing it with jobbing, through which you could earn stuff, money AND exp, or simplier - make JOBBING and everything connected with it more profitable (exp-wise and gold-wise), than setting your bot overnight.
Isn't it obvious that making this game REALLY being based on jobbing could save it? Why wait for the end-game, which is ****** anyway(there goes another problem)? I haven't seen anyone try doing this in the past.

I might be asking for too much (but it's not really a plea nor suggestion) but the point is to find a solution to try one more time to make this game worth playing. Don't get me wrong, this game brought lots of fun while it lasted and I already accepted its death. Just had to spill it out, because why not. And thanks if you survived through that wall of text of mine... I wouldn't be surprised with no answers though.
Goodbye
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/05/2015, 18:17   #2

elite*gold: 50
Or they could just copy the Atomix or Wingsro database and launch that, ggwp.
Old 02/05/2015, 19:51   #3

elite*gold: 56
i just say.... new job system!!

if you like to you can add me in Skype. i'm always open for new ideas.
Old 02/05/2015, 19:56   #4

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
You can not just replace the grinding, grinding is one of the bases of MMOs.
Old 02/05/2015, 21:26   #5

The point is, grinding, or its current form, doesn't do good to the gameplay, playing using your own hands is great for masochists and since bot is available for everyone I can't see the point of it, really (nowadays even parties are fully automatic ). Jobbing is lots of fun and if you think about it, making a game around it, makes perfect sense.
Old 02/05/2015, 21:51   #6

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
The new job system is the way to play a "modern" silkroad, but people refuse to open their minds and realise that its the best improvement that was ever brought to silkroad and that was actually thought through by joymax, but eh, its pointless with the current community.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/05/2015, 22:10   #7

The question here is, are players ready to experience something new? something that never existed in SRO, but the idea was taken from another MMO?

I wouldn't waste my time and effort on something which will not even get players' attention. For instance, Courageous which was made by pax, it had a great potential and tons of ideas, yet, there were no players in there.
Old 02/05/2015, 22:25   #8

^This is the communities fault. Being so stupid and closed minded, of course (you) as a business runner would not do something like that it would be a waste if it is as you say, so the real deal is showing them how an idea can be so cool and they would actually enjoy it.
Old 02/05/2015, 22:31   #9

This is another issue. But keeping the gameplay as much silkroadish as possible should at least bring a piece of people's attention. Keep in mind that this server you mentioned was almost like a different game and people don't like changing what they were used to.
Old 02/06/2015, 19:46   #10

Well, the fact of "being always the same"-pserver, it isn't the fault of the "developers", developers nor other people's ideas.
It is the software you are bound at.

If we could get the sourcecode (client and server), most of us, who are skilled at C++ could modify the client and server tools, change a lot of stuff, e.g. character selection location, new races, new maps, new declarations e.g. for a real global recording, or unique kill notice, or passing new regions, buffs won't disappear after teleportation, etc.

That is just a part you can only dream about. Either Joymax is that dumb and leaving those files unsecured on their main rig and someone gets an access to it, or people do it like me - learning C++ and programming his/her own ****! I am quite few weaks ahead, can program my own 2D shooter game, but hey - it is a progression, which most of the players here won't even dare about to think about it and see the potential aspect of it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/06/2015, 20:13   #11

currently, it's not like there are many servers that look like they are being limited by software. I see your point and I realise the importance of it, it's just that there is not much quality content anyway... nothing with the different look at the game
Old 02/06/2015, 21:05   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
Well, the fact of "being always the same"-pserver, it isn't the fault of the "developers", developers nor other people's ideas.

If we could get the sourcecode (client and server), most of us, who are skilled at C++ could modify the client and server tools, change a lot of stuff, e.g. character selection location, new races, new maps, new declarations e.g. for a real global recording, or unique kill notice, or passing new regions, buffs won't disappear after teleportation, etc.

That is just a part you can only dream about. Either Joymax is that dumb and leaving those files unsecured on their main rig and someone gets an access to it, or people do it like me - learning C++ and programming his/her own ****! I am quite few weaks ahead, can program my own 2D shooter game, but hey - it is a progression, which most of the players here won't even dare about to think about it and see the potential aspect of it.
CharSelection location is already changed ^^

It's just pk2 side xD

Those recordings are also done, we don't need the src of modules to do it.
Anyway, I get your point.
Old 02/06/2015, 22:14   #13

elite*gold: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post

That is just a part you can only dream about. Either Joymax is that dumb and leaving those files unsecured on their main rig and someone gets an access to it, or people do it like me - learning C++ and programming his/her own shit! I am quite few weaks ahead, can program my own 2D shooter game, but hey - it is a progression, which most of the players here won't even dare about to think about it and see the potential aspect of it.
char select location: is ASM, region is already changeable just the rest is missing like cords etc.

new race: iam sure not even with source people would be able to do it i mean you have to take care about soo many stuff.

new maps: 1 guy is already able to create new maps no source required for that.

unique kill notice: ???? its already there?

new regions: is associated with new maps.

buffs wont disappear after teleport: easy by SQL only

as you see the source is for nothing required you can do soooo many stuff with the current serverfiles all you have to do is develop!

i'm sure if the source will be leaked actually it would be useless for 99,99% of the community.

i mean look you think for all this are sources required but this is soo wrong
Old 02/07/2015, 10:38   #14

Ok let me explain a big point concerning this discussion. Some people are like sheep (sorry I had to say that) Job Based servers are always very abuse-able because you need the following:

-PC Limit of 1 (to avoid as much abuse as possible)
-Big Community (the more the legit thieves, the less the abuse)
-Small Map (The smaller the map, the less the routes, the less the abuse)
-Disabled botting and average exp rates.

People nowadays join a server and all they do is trying to find the easy way out and if your server doesn't have an 'easy way out' people will just quit because like I said before they're like sheep (sorry again). So for anybody to create a server like that, he has to big a REALLY big name around here because that's a big factor. If you're a big name, people join your server regardless to what features you have.
Old 02/07/2015, 15:04   #15

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo1995 View Post
Ok let me explain a big point concerning this discussion. Some people are like sheep (sorry I had to say that) Job Based servers are always very abuse-able because you need the following:

-PC Limit of 1 (to avoid as much abuse as possible)
-Big Community (the more the legit thieves, the less the abuse)
-Small Map (The smaller the map, the less the routes, the less the abuse)
-Disabled botting and average exp rates.

People nowadays join a server and all they do is trying to find the easy way out and if your server doesn't have an 'easy way out' people will just quit because like I said before they're like sheep (sorry again). So for anybody to create a server like that, he has to big a REALLY big name around here because that's a big factor. If you're a big name, people join your server regardless to what features you have.
And then the community will always find a way to cheat and ruin the game.. that's how it is these days..