Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ddos attack at website

Discussion on ddos attack at website within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 06/10/2012, 01:35   #16

elite*gold: 220
CloudFlare is just fail , it takes 5 ~ 10 seconds each time to load the website using cloud flare ddos protection.
It can be done by yourself but you have to know how.
Old 06/10/2012, 14:10   #17

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
pretty easy to be done via php but I won't tell you because you don't deserve it
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/10/2012, 14:30   #18

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRayz View Post
The only port that has to be open is port 80.

To TS : use it prevents 99,9 % of the ddos attacks.
You cannot prevent DDoS attacks! And if this is what "CloudFlare" claim? Then they are bullshit from the start. You can only reduce the risk and reduce the impact from DDoS, THATS ALL!
It annoys me seeing people saying stuff like "close ports", "bla bla bla...". As if they know what they are talking about. Or say do this or do that to "prevent" DDoS... just... ahhh
Old 06/10/2012, 19:14   #19

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastThief* View Post
pretty easy to be done via php but I won't tell you because you don't deserve it

Cloudflare the only thing that does is host your website on different servers, by this way if you get DDoS'd, Clouldflare displays a cached version of your website, taken from their servers. Clouldflare is good for blogs and static content websites because it doesn't have to be always up to date, but for a sro website with dynamic content its kinda useless because you cant register, nor displays the correct data while your real website is down.

Website DDoS cannot be stopped, stop saying bullshit about it. Why do you think some anonymous kids can take down goverment websites with few botnet attacks?
Old 06/10/2012, 19:31   #20

^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/10/2012, 22:36   #21

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post

Cloudflare the only thing that does is host your website on different servers, by this way if you get DDoS'd, Clouldflare displays a cached version of your website, taken from their servers. Clouldflare is good for blogs and static content websites because it doesn't have to be always up to date, but for a sro website with dynamic content its kinda useless because you cant register, nor displays the correct data while your real website is down.

Website DDoS cannot be stopped, stop saying bullshit about it. Why do you think some anonymous kids can take down goverment websites with few botnet attacks?
I'm tellin' ya it's possible for small attacks and not huge attacks , ya possible via php to stop small attacks !
Old 06/11/2012, 00:01   #22

Quote:
I'm tellin' ya it's possible for small attacks and not huge attacks , ya possible via php to stop small attacks !
PHP is a server-sided scripted language. You can't stop attacks with PHP, simply because execute the php script itself already gives a load to the server. I don't know what would you do to stop the attacks with a PHP script, but in any case the script will run every single time any attacker contacts with the http service of your server, which means create an internal socket, which means load to the server, which ends in the same result as no php script running because too many connections makes the server go down.
Old 06/11/2012, 00:09   #23

Quote:
You think you can solve the world's hunger with a little and easy php script?

Synx is right, the idea of using a script executed to mitigate a ddos attack is just useless and senseless from the beginning, plus you can just send the traffic to the HTTP port without sending/requesting any header information.

Script kiddies.. How funny.
Old 06/11/2012, 03:12   #24

with PHP
I lol'd
The only way to reduce the impact with programs, is with some low-level programming language like C/C++
These languages allow you to play around with such things, if you know how
But that requires A LOT of experience
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/11/2012, 05:25   #25
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
normally i would agree, but apache(or any other pvp engine) is sometimes the first service to crash during a DDOS
also, you have to take note that php will just prevent if the attack is below your current bandwidth/pc performance(1 person vs your dedi)
but normally(i dont know if SRO ones doesnt) DOOSers attack in a huge party, again, i really doubt a group of 20 people DDOSing a server(unless is via botnet)
one last thing
DDOS will always be a problem over the web. Gov web get DDOS all the time(i know they may have noob dev that think that php is a cute html) but even a huge amount of people accessing your web could cause the same effect(look at news website when something big ocurrs)
only if internet protocols change(and eventually will change and so DDOSing methods as well) it could stop its impact
Old 06/11/2012, 05:28   #26

elite*gold: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickl View Post
with PHP
I lol'd
The only way to reduce the impact with programs, is with some low-level programming language like C/C++
These languages allow you to play around with such things, if you know how
But that requires A LOT of experience
i give this comment+1
tha only way to solve this problem ( this is not solve it but just make your security more effective )
is using some program's that's made by high lang but it's very expensive if you buy one so you should make one if you can
Old 06/11/2012, 13:52   #27

Quote:
AGAIN I said small attacks not huge attacks what's so hard about what I said ?

@Getzabelz
Please get the **** out with your pro php stats script callin' yourself professional n' ****
Small attacks are called DoS not DDoS.
Old 06/11/2012, 14:43   #28

i know a grate solution.. close your fcking website and just make reg & donation page. also add online/offline notificators.. and problem solved! i doubt any idiot will still want 2 ddos it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
Small attacks are called DoS not DDoS.
if i make server on regular machine and host website on Virtual machine will regular machine lag if website gonna be ddosed?
Old 06/11/2012, 14:44   #29

Quote:
AGAIN I said small attacks not huge attacks what's so hard about what I said ?

@Getzabelz
Please get the fuck out with your pro php stats script callin' yourself professional n' shit
u mad because you showed you got no knowledge bro? Kinda funny to see how you try to act as someone that claims to be a god himself. Kinda funny reading your arrogant and senseless messages around here x).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_lucifer_6 View Post
i know a grate solution.. close your fcking website and just make reg & donation page. also add online/offline notificators.. and problem solved! i doubt any idiot will still want 2 ddos it

if i make server on regular machine and host website on Virtual machine will regular machine lag if website gonna be ddosed?
Yes, It will since you are sharing the same connection at the end. As I said dozens of times, if you are getting DDoSed you have no way to mitigate it. But if you got your sro server under DDoS there are several tricks to avoid it and make the ddosers to work on your specific server in order to take it entirely down. There's nothing called to be a miraclous fix for DDoS, just some tricks to avoid it unless the ddosers catch your hidding tricks

And @Synx7 as I told you -> DoS != DDoS
Old 06/11/2012, 15:03   #30

elite*gold: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_lucifer_6 View Post

yes, because it's on the same subnet
Closed Thread