Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HowTo] Connect to Zelos

Discussion on [HowTo] Connect to Zelos within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 10/17/2010, 14:12   #46

elite*gold: 0
we cant join sow for all its fail and dont' cry
Old 10/17/2010, 14:34   #47

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxemuman View Post
problems with making duplicate id (like eckoro said) can be solved in max one day. I am almost 100% sure its end of Zelos, you should check basic under "great pressure" before made more advanced functions. Now you have much functions like party , guild and so on and every this functions are based on ****** base. Now true can hurt because you must start from beginning with everything, recode all functions, because every functions(jobs, guild ,party..) depends on "base". So whole time what you spend on it its wasted because you didnt check base well before made more advanced functions. I am coding my "base" more than 2 years already, and still i notice some little problems.I am testing"base" one year already under "great pressure". I was telling to eckoro long time ago "check base on open beta before add more advance functions" but he wont listen...
Ok if by base(also why do you put it in quotes?) you mean the structure of the emulator, then why would anyone need to recode every single function?
Almost every single function in my emulator is redirected to other functions, so if I would ever need a change, I just change the main functions(Just like every single emulator in the history of humanity has). I don't think there are idiots that actually code their structure into every single function.
Old 10/17/2010, 14:53   #48

wtf ur mediapatcher is a fkcing virus!

Old 10/17/2010, 14:53   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrius View Post
Ok if by base(also why do you put it in quotes?) you mean the structure of the emulator, then why would anyone need to recode every single function?
Almost every single function in my emulator is redirected to other functions, so if I would ever need a change, I just change the main functions(Just like every single emulator in the history of humanity has). I don't think there are idiots that actually code their structure into every single function.
If Main functions are bugged, and basic of emulator are buggy it make effects on every single function coded in emulator.
To understand it you need to code real emulator not a toy.Its like making a house on the **** ground , no matter how beatifull will be , he will fail because of ground.

When you are making emulator first you are making basics , like login,spawn despawn, methods of spawn respawn etc(i call it engines)and so on.

later on this you base rest like party guild. If you made basic wrong all functions what was write on this base its wrong too(you must code new base and recode functions) .

I dont know how explain it better but this should be easy to understand.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/17/2010, 15:08   #50

Quote:
If Main functions are bugged, and basic of emulator are buggy it make effects on every single function coded in emulator.
To understand it you need to code real emulator not a toy.Its like making a house on the **** ground , no matter how beatifull will be , he will fail because of ground.

When you are making emulator first you are making basics , like login,spawn despawn, methods of spawn respawn etc(i call it engines)and so on.

later on this you base rest like party guild. If you made basic wrong all functions what was write on this base its wrong too(you must code new base and recode functions) .

I dont know how explain it better but this should be easy to understand.
Ok.... Well.... I am pretty sure the main functions can just be rewritten. That really does not require rewriting every single function. And wasn't it just some spawn bug or something? Atleast that's what I read in eckoro's post somewhere.
Old 10/17/2010, 17:46   #51

elite*gold: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrius View Post
Ok.... Well.... I am pretty sure the main functions can just be rewritten. That really does not require rewriting every single function. And wasn't it just some spawn bug or something? Atleast that's what I read in eckoro's post somewhere.
copy and pasta FTW (for writing the main functions )
Old 10/17/2010, 17:47   #52

Hahahah, making multi is FTW -.-.
Old 10/17/2010, 17:54   #53

lol wut? multi of who?

stop talking **** if you really dont have proof of someone multi accounting: compare the ips
Old 10/17/2010, 18:09   #54

Received Thanks: 2,326
Quote:
problems with making duplicate id (like eckoro said) can be solved in max one day. I am almost 100% sure its end of Zelos, you should check basic under "great pressure" before made more advanced functions. Now you have much functions like party , guild and so on and every this functions are based on ****** base. Now true can hurt because you must start from beginning with everything, recode all functions, because every functions(jobs, guild ,party..) depends on "base". So whole time what you spend on it its wasted because you didnt check base well before made more advanced functions. I am coding my "base" more than 2 years already, and still i notice some little problems.I am testing"base" one year already under "great pressure". I was telling to eckoro long time ago "check base on open beta before add more advance functions" but he wont listen...
Why you using my name so much? You have never passed on any suggestions, if so they are invalid anyway, you have never coded an emulator base. You just added functions on top of one.

Anyway there was minor issue with spawn range, the other which is the main problem is a GUI error, causing client to crash, from invalid IDs related to skill / hotkey.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/17/2010, 18:13   #55

the esro has done a great job since 08-07 but, to be honest, you guys shouldve made the rates slightly higher so that people could hit the cap and investigate the bugs easier. anyways hands up, i always believed in you.

PS: where did Hideoiki go btw?
Old 10/17/2010, 18:18   #56

Hideoki left the team
Old 10/17/2010, 18:23   #57

Hideoki +1
Old 10/17/2010, 18:31   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoro View Post
Why you using my name so much? You have never passed on any suggestions, if so they are invalid anyway, you have never coded an emulator base. You just added functions on top of one.
WTF, DO you think that you are *** ? Hahahah. SSE has less functions, but this have something, that is REAL. STOP SAYING ****. Your "zelos" maybe has more functions, but there are bugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoro View Post
you have never coded an emulator base.
With this you show us your thinking. SSE has never had bugs like your "zelos".

Maybe you should change the opening time to 2012.
Old 10/17/2010, 18:36   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSuNooP View Post
the esro has done a great job since 08-07 but, to be honest, you guys shouldve made the rates slightly higher so that people could hit the cap and investigate the bugs easier. anyways hands up, i always believed in you.

PS: where did Hideoiki go btw?
current rate is x10 and it's only for open beta, if you think it's too low, i've for you bad news, for final version, rates will be lower :P.
Old 10/17/2010, 18:39   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by arej100 View Post
WTF, DO you think that you are *** ? Hahahah. SSE has less functions, but this have something, that is REAL. STOP SAYING ****.
If I'm not mistaking alot of people were in closed beta and it worked fine, I really wonder sometimes, how many people can be connected to SSE? Now compare that with how many people were connecting to zelos. See the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arej100 View Post
With this you show us your thinking. SSE has never had bugs like your "zelos".

Maybe you should change the opening time to 2012.
Ok what??
Seriously "with this you show us your thinking"?
What the hell man?

And yes SSE has bever had bugs like zelos because SSE probably never had the functions that zelos has, or because zelos do stuff them selves, or maybe cuz it hasn't had more than 20 people connected.
Well I can name alot of things.
Closed Thread