Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

STOP PROVING YOURSELF TO BE A DUMB HUMAN BEING.

Discussion on STOP PROVING YOURSELF TO BE A DUMB HUMAN BEING. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 04/01/2021, 23:46   #16

elite*gold: 147
a wise man once said "don't blame us guys it's silkroad files which cant handle more than 10000 players"
Old 04/02/2021, 00:27   #17
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy© View Post
Maybe epvp should make a rule about fake numbers ) @
while it would be amazing, it is rather rare for us to meddle into such details, specially since the numbers are being faked and you need certain tools/knowledge to accomplish this

As for the SRO team, if we manage to get this information to check if it is fake or not, I would be willing to comment this on our meetings to place a rule over this certain detail. Not promising anything nor saying we will do it. All has to go through the Admins and if we manage to pull this effectively
Old 04/02/2021, 00:45   #18
dotCom

elite*gold: 12400
The Black Market: 104/0/0
Received Thanks: 4,386
Does anyone know if that fake players spawned by a GM are shown in the packet 0xA101. @

Source:
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2021, 01:12   #19

elite*gold: 133
Stop crying - It hardly depends on what specifications you are hosting it on and what's your configuration of machines - as you mentioned 8x game servers, etc.
My 2 machines can handle way more than that 4k but I also pay the price of it requires + you will need a good filter that can handle this load as well.

And then the question what's wrong with you @ ? You had your 4k players online on Sailor didn't you - or was it fake like you're stating it right now on your own started thread?
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2021, 01:20   #20

elite*gold: 0
Some SMC images I have seen in the past ... Of course, as SRO supports 32bit, the stipulated limit is 3.5k, but this does not mean that it is impossible to increase it.

Old 04/02/2021, 01:32   #21

elite*gold: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameRPoP View Post
Some SMC images I have seen in the past ... Of course, as SRO supports 32bit, the stipulated limit is 3.5k, but this does not mean that it is impossible to increase it.

dude ruby is like 1k players online or even less just compare servers capacities with turk sro grand opening , i've never seen a server has 1/4 of their capacity
Old 04/02/2021, 01:35   #22

elite*gold: 1537
Received Thanks: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsome View Post
Does anyone know if that fake players spawned by a GM are shown in the packet 0xA101. @

Source:
They will be counted as users to increase the number in gateway, since they are bots. They still wont act like real players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameRPoP View Post

Im not saying the numbers cant be real. And 100% sure most of these are bots, which doesnt act like a real player. Im saying that anything above 4k players good luck with the lag, it will become unplayable. And excuse me no matter how good is your host, you wont manage to have a lag free server with players above 3500~4000. Wanna believe it or not thats up to you.

#Edit: Look at the modules MS its not even high as it should be. I remember ISRO official live ones were around 100+ with 3500 players online. Thats some bullshit overhere lol.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2021, 04:47   #23

elite*gold: 2
I'd like to see some kind of stress test with actual 3500 active connections with active ghost characters performing some type of action distributed between all towns to actually show the magnitude of what 3500 players really looks like & to show the affect on latency and playability.

We have all seen GameGami's grand opening - the Troya server's first minutes so much larger than any other private server's GO. But... that simply proves that TRSRO reached 3500 players, and that it affected their server's performance harshly. It still does not solidify the fact as to the exact capacity when a server becomes "unplayable."
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2021, 13:16   #24

elite*gold: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artuuro_lv View Post
Stop crying - It hardly depends on what specifications you are hosting it on and what's your configuration of machines - as you mentioned 8x game servers, etc.
My 2 machines can handle way more than that 4k but I also pay the price of it requires + you will need a good filter that can handle this load as well.

And then the question what's wrong with you @ ? You had your 4k players online on Sailor didn't you - or was it fake like you're stating it right now on your own started thread?
Wtf are you talking about, you are very confused.

First of all it has nothing to do with the "machine specifications" he is saying that the files itself can't handle more than 3500 players and 500 premium users so even if you have a machine with high specifications that could handle 5000 players it wouldn't make any difference since the game modules itself can't handle above 4000 which is evident from Troya's grand-opening.

Secondly Sailor's 130 cap first couple of weeks was insanely active at least 5 times more active than most vSRO servers and still the counter didn't exceed 2000 if i remember correctly, Which shows how fake the counters in most vSRO servers are it says 7000 players on the website and they get in FW a total of 300 players.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/02/2021, 13:54   #25

elite*gold: 1537
Received Thanks: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsome View Post
But how could we (the epvp mods) could check that this is legit. I've have an idea on how to manage that automaticly
I would suggest a new rule for any private server owner to not display a counter greater than XXXX/3500 on their website; it is up to owner if the counter is fake or not, but the number cannot exceed 4000. It would atleast looks fair.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2021, 17:05   #26

Why does it bother you so much ?

You have stolen somebody's years of work and use it for your own profit and/or satisfaction and fun.

Might as well twist it around and fake whatever we want.
You know the saying "once you kill a cow you've got to make a burger" ?

Don't get me wrong, we all do it, including myself.

Joymax isn't too happy about what you have done, either.
Old 04/02/2021, 20:45   #27

elite*gold: 2700
Received Thanks: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post

You have stolen somebody's years of work and use it for your own profit and/or satisfaction and fun.
Like every other person? You think this is in Silkroad only? Every mmo has prv servers. Even when a singleplayer game gets released it gets cracked within hours. Don't talk about stealing ***** welcome to the internet.
Old 04/02/2021, 21:44   #28

With 10k players, it would be so crowded in every town and every grinding spot, it wouldn't even make any sense having that many players stacked in a single server.

We all miss crowded servers nowadays, but come on, if you remember back in the day, we were happy when a server had fewer players because even with 3500 (mostly real) players, it was becoming crowded as ****.

Joymax once had over 50 servers in the most popular days of ISRO. Not even once they bothered to increase capacity in any of them. The game world itself, also fortress wars etc, isn't fit for it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/02/2021, 22:53   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post
Why does it bother you so much ?

Might as well twist it around and fake whatever we want.
You know the saying "once you kill a cow you've got to make a burger" ?

Don't get me wrong, we all do it, including myself.

Joymax isn't too happy about what you have done, either.
I assume you can call all of us stealers since we all use Silkroad-based files and sources to create private servers lol..
Blame Joymax for not being able to keep their files secured, look at Nexon for example, they kept the MapleStory files safe and hidden from the public for years, yet there is a leaked 2008-ish version of the game which was stolen from one of their Brazilian publishers.
So yeah, we did steal ours from the Vietnamese ones, back in 2011 if I remember correctly.
Also super big shoutout to MeGaMaX (my baby xoxo) who finally made a proper iSRO private server and made us all leave the vSRO scene.
MeGa is one of the few people, if not the only person to run a iSRO(or iSRO-R) private server which is working correclty without any "cSRO-R" leaked bugs - We can all agree that this was one of the main goals of the SRO-PS community, to get a somewhat up to date server with everything working properly. Yes it is actually the official files of iSRO-R (or sources), but at least MeGa made it fit for the SRO-PS community.
On topic - Joymax never bothered to increase the player capacity simply because they were not as big back in the days, even in its popularity days. They did not have much resources as we have today, and that's basically comparing Nokia 3310 technology to 2021's iPhone 12 Pro Max technology. This changed in the years, and let's not forget that Silkroad wasn't supposed to be a multiplayer game, since back in 2002 (kSRO alpha?), it was a single-player game.
Old 04/02/2021, 23:10   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abunavha View Post
I assume you can call all of us stealers since we all use Silkroad-based files and sources to create private servers lol..

Imagine that.

Quote:
Also super big shoutout to MeGaMaX (my baby xoxo)
The cringe....Please stay on-topic.