Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reduce SQL database size

Discussion on Reduce SQL database size within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 100
Reduce SQL database size

I was wondering how to reduce my database size.
I mean like, when I make a back-up and I try to restore it,
I find out that the SHARD database only has 32 GB and that's a huge number actually.

So, I am pretty sure there's something that cleans database from dumb files/logs something like these things.
Old 05/27/2018, 20:42   #2

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by #HB View Post
I was wondering how to reduce my database size.
I mean like, when I make a back-up and I try to restore it,
I find out that the SHARD database only has 32 GB and that's a huge number actually.

So, I am pretty sure there's something that cleans database from dumb files/logs something like these things.
the most common case for a huge sized database is because generally people make a backup set in addition to the original backup set so they can pick a specific set with its date and restore to whatever date they want.
you can overwrite the backup with the latest backup set and it will keep 1 latest backup set.

Just tick BACKUP with overwrite option in ssms, or u can just use my filter backup option its doing the same thing, just programatically.

there are some other methods of shrinking a db size but im too lazy for those lol
Old 05/28/2018, 17:18   #3

elite*gold: 0
use overwrite option