Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How about E*PvP staff/ community keeps the advertising section clean?

Discussion on How about E*PvP staff/ community keeps the advertising section clean? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: Should Elitepvpers kill off all servers that won't be succesfull
Yes, I think they should do this. 14 60.87%
Yes, I think they should make a new section. 6 26.09%
Yes, I think 3-5 servers per section is a good idea. 3 13.04%
No, I think they shouldn't do this. 0 0%
No, I've got an other solution. 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 61
Received Thanks: 1,972
Arrow How about E*PvP staff/ community keeps the advertising section clean?

Lately I've just been thinking,

To the moderators:

Please don't remove this thread, but take a look what the ACTUAL community has to say, the people that LOOK here for a NEW COMMUNITY.

My point

The ElitePvPers staff/ community should be able to keep the section clean, if you take a look at how many servers are with 0-250 players, you can see my point.
There's no reason for a server with below 250 players to be in this section, all it does it scatter the community that is already so weak and dieing. It's a hard fact, but together we must fight for it to exist.

Old private servers

The only reason old private servers, such as: eSRO, ecSRO, sjSRO were extremely fun, long lasting and trusted, in a way that you could be there for 6 months and the server would still be up is due to the fact that the entire section is flooded with servers that are doomed to fail. People are getting hyped with "the next new thing" and it turns out to be a total disaster due to the administrators not being proffesional enough to meet up to expectations.

The old private servers nailed it, due to the the staff being proffesional, experienced and focussed on the long term instead of the short term cash cow.

The short term hype cash cow

A lot of you might not realise what is going on, but a lot servers are not aiming for the long term community, they don't care about you. They care about your money, that's how it works.

They hype the community up, making previous servers die due to people/ guild members saying: "I'm gonna quit, I'm gonna go to x-Road that is gonna the best server ever, I know it!"

Look at these servers 3 weeks later and they are dead, they have 200 players left.

Real private servers

If you think about it, there are atleast 50 private servers up right now, 3 which are only eligible to be called a real private server in my opinion. What is the purpose of private servers having only 50 players? They're just not up to par, they can't compete and they are doomed to die, it's a fact.

An extra section

What if there was an extra section, called "Main private servers" or something like that. And just kill of the other cancerous private servers that only have the purpose of leeching other maybe active players from those servers.

If only there was a way that Elitepvpers could bring back the focus to 1-3 private servers it would benefit the community by so much more, and actually make a long term server worth trying out.

What is wrong is that the community of Elitepvpers/ SilkRoad is letting these new failing servers enter the community, which destroy the one thing we old SilkRoad players want, a long term community.

I used to be the admin of InfinityRoad, InsaneSRO, as [GM]Sun and I this had me thinking for a while.

P.S.:

If you think about it, 30 servers with 50 players is 1500 players, which is a big number for SilkRoad in 2017.

What do you guys think off this?

I've added a poll and I'm quite curious what you have to say.

What we all want:

These are pictures with people posting in the "Find your server" section that prove my points further( THIS IS FROM JUST THE FIRST PAGE, THERE ARE 151 PAGES.. ) :

EDIT: WRONG SECTION
Thanks
7 Users
Old 02/15/2017, 22:50   #2

elite*gold: 35
This is actually good idea. Why do we need random *** servers with 20-150 people on them on the main page, literally people just download, check them and remove instantly I know it's peoples choice to choose the server but I don't think people enjoy playing on the server without any kind of action. Like Sun said if Elitepvpers could focus on only few good and populated servers it would make them long term. It could be like pinned section and rest of the servers could be under.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/15/2017, 23:02   #3

elite*gold: 61
Received Thanks: 1,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojasek96 View Post
This is actually good idea. Why do we need random *** servers with 20-150 people on them on the main page, literally people just download, check them and remove instantly I know it's peoples choice to choose the server but I don't think people enjoy playing on the server without any kind of action. Like Sun said if Elitepvpers could focus on only few good and populated servers it would make them long term. It could be like pinned section and rest of the servers could be under.
Yeah, I totally agree with this, I hope this thread can somehow reach the right people!
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/15/2017, 23:24   #4

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Arrow Private SRO Advertising -> Private SRO Main …

#moved
--->
Old 02/15/2017, 23:25   #5

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
This was suggested before in different occasions. The reply we get from the admins is about how the forums are free for everyone as long as they meet the requirements. Yes, the requirements are very poor. But, I highly doubt it's about the local moderators decision.
Old 02/15/2017, 23:31   #6

elite*gold: 0
yes
Old 02/15/2017, 23:45   #7

elite*gold: 0
Not going to happen. This got suggested before, it's bad but it's simply how the admins work here.