Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion]Vsro Files Leak legally

Discussion on [Discussion]Vsro Files Leak legally within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,455
[Discussion]Vsro Files Leak legally

Hi guys, In 2011 Cherno released the leaked vsro files in epvp and/or in other forums, link:

And its released because its got leaked from vsro test machine or idk how..

My question is after the amount of pservers that is online.. why Joymax or whatever company that wrote the files didn't sue elitepvpers or other forums and requested them to delete the thread, or it even didn't sue the servers that opened in the start..

We all know that Silkroad in 2011 was popular and it was making alot of money to its company, is it they are so blind and they have no access to internet? xD
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/10/2017, 14:38   #2

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,066
They don't give a ****. that simple.
Old 02/10/2017, 14:55   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XENijX Network View Post
They don't give a ****. that simple.
I don't think this the answer, if you write a program and you make **** loads of money from it, now someone steal it and you lose money, then you will care for sure..
Old 02/10/2017, 15:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxor View Post
I don't think this the answer, if you write a program and you make **** loads of money from it, now someone steal it and you lose money, then you will care for sure..
if they would've cared for their game, they would've managed enough complaints against epvp and or p-server owners.

the only one i know that happened was ecsro back then, that wasn't vsro though.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/10/2017, 15:07   #5

I just found this post:

So they have gave warning, but then nothing happened ? xD
Old 02/10/2017, 15:08   #6

^back to my first comment
Old 02/10/2017, 18:02   #7

Many servers got that ****** email.
Maybe they tried to scare off but figured they couldnt do anything once they saw tons of servers emerging. Suing all these forums, companies and servers would make them lose a shitton of money.

I also dont think they lost that much money as everything they sell today is still a major profit.
Old 02/10/2017, 18:08   #8

elite*gold: 125
Received Thanks: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxor View Post
I just found this post:

So they have gave warning, but then nothing happened ? xD
I actually think they were trying to aim for the site rather than the servers here . And as stated before, they truly don't give a ****. Sure it hurts them, however filing that many law suits will cost them even more time and money. Especially because at the time of release the game was already (the official game) in a downwards spiral of income.

So wasting money for something that has no chance of re-gaining its former golden period of money income is a waste.

Don't forget how much money it costs to file just one law suits, now imagine filing like 100. Like, surely they would win and it wouldn't be a very long and tense lawsuit however the time/money invested in this is not worth the return.
Old 02/10/2017, 20:02   #9

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 5,307
Not worth the money and effort to sue bunch of childeren that host servers nowadays.
Old 02/11/2017, 15:07   #10

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Probably because it's too late. **** got out of hand long ago.
Old 02/12/2017, 00:19   #11
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Im gonna give you a more legal and direct answer

No, they cant sue us because we do not host the files. We have links to their files, sure. But we dont host them locally.

No, they wont sue the user that shared the files because they do not have a direct person to deal with. They would need to contact Cherno and summon him to a court, which is easy to avoid since they dont have a direct proof that Cherno did it

And the best reason: they dont care. SRO was already on the verge of death. In fact, private servers are indirectly the reason many players went to the official, becuase of how problematic the game was and how the official lacked this

Edit: to add up

The mail that many users got is called "Cease and Desist"

Any person can do a c&d and most of the time is to scare people that have 0 idea of how law works. Even if the mail was real, they would have to prepare to legal action, with attorneys and everything, and that costs huge amount of money, something that they wont get back because their targets will either disappear or not have the money to pay

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/12/2017, 11:15   #12

That could be a fake email. Faking sender email etc is just a peace of cake. Probably,

Check this, if curious:
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/13/2017, 17:25   #13

I believe that no one has been sued so far because firstly they would spend a lot on the process itself and in the end no one would have the money to pay them.
Old 02/14/2017, 01:51   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahtemg View Post
That could be a fake email. Faking sender email etc is just a peace of cake. Probably,

Check this, if curious:
I doubt you can fake server from where it was sent, that I get from mail.joymax.co.kr or something like this, address yes you can, but if you look in "original/source" of email you will see if it's fake or not.

And yes that emails was about website, that we used their intellectual property image/text blabla, change website to new host and you're done

About server, I never get any email.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2017, 19:20   #15

Silkroad online made so much money over the years that they aren't really losing any money. Yeah I understand where you are saying but the aren't really losing much. They still make so much money daily it's insane.