Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Silkroad Database without MYSQL?

Discussion on Silkroad Database without MYSQL? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Silkroad Database without MYSQL?

Hello Guys.

Im new in working with Databases and i just want to watch how a silkroad database is build up. I just found a SRO_VT_SHARD.bak here in the forum.

But i dont want to creat a mysql server. So is it possible to open the bak without mysql and maybe convert it into SQLite? Because i used SQLite expert to look some simple databases.

So can anyone help me?
Old 01/07/2017, 02:37   #2

Wait ... since when was there a database, any database, running on a MySQL instance?
Old 01/07/2017, 02:37   #3

well you should be able to open it in either one but is mainly for MSSQL you will not have as many edit options avalible with SQLite as you do with MSSQL
Old 01/07/2017, 12:09   #4

But is there any option to open the .bak without open an sql Server? i tried with "MYSQL Workbench" but i didn'T finde any option to open the .bak
Old 01/07/2017, 14:49   #5

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
I don't think that's possible. The formatting of both are different.

However, if someone can generate the database script and send it to you, you might be able to get an image of how the stuff are structured. But opening a bak file in SQLite isn't 'directly' possible.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/07/2017, 16:22   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
I don't think that's possible. The formatting of both are different.

However, if someone can generate the database script and send it to you, you might be able to get an image of how the stuff are structured. But opening a bak file in SQLite isn't 'directly' possible.
Okey thanks. And other ways then installing MYSQL Server 2008 are not possible?
Old 01/07/2017, 16:42   #7

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by geheimerbauer View Post
Okey thanks. And other ways then installing MYSQL Server 2008 are not possible?
Again, the .bak files are Microsoft formatted so there're no direct way for them to be restored on MySQL (please google the difference between sql/mysql). What you need to do is install MSSQL server 2008 or above (depending on the version of the server on which this bak was created) and restore it. That's the easiest way.