Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

If you have the opportunity to pick a server.

Discussion on If you have the opportunity to pick a server. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: Server cap?
Degree 8 Chinese ONLY 9 20.93%
Degree 8 Chinese & Europe 22 51.16%
Degree 9 Chinese ONLY 12 27.91%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06/18/2016, 14:24   #31

elite*gold: 6
Good job then... just wonder then why u didn't wrote a own packer to protect your software
Old 06/18/2016, 14:26   #32

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,472
ya sure, because you can write a packer that will do the same job as the ones which cost 500$ seems legit.

And it's not about packing anyway, it's about virtualizing, do not tell me you can write your own virtualizer lol
Old 06/18/2016, 15:18   #33

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syloxx View Post
Good job then... just wonder then why u didn't wrote a own packer to protect your software
Sorry but he is right it's hard to build a virtualizer ( or maybe impossible ) .. np if you admit other's job success, he made a good work and that's something should be said
Just don't resist for no reason
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/18/2016, 16:10   #34

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 1,129
Do you know what makes good developer?
A person who develops new things, rather then bragging about developing on a pointless forum.
Someone who brings something usable to the scene for EVERYONE, not just themselves.

There are only a handful of names who really "developed" the sro private server scene for everyone, and not just themselves.

Sorry Syloxx, that doesnt include you. however, if you are really as "good" as you say you are, you should humble up.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/18/2016, 16:19   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx* View Post
Sorry but he is right it's hard to build a virtualizer ( or maybe impossible ) .. np if you admit other's job success, he made a good work and that's something should be said
Just don't resist for no reason
Fact is that he just take other People works and claim it as his work

Just like every 0815 arab (that he is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlock View Post
Do you know what makes good developer?
A person who develops new things, rather then bragging about developing on a pointless forum.
Someone who brings something usable to the scene for EVERYONE, not just themselves.

There are only a handful of names who really "developed" the sro private server scene for everyone, and not just themselves.

Sorry Syloxx, that doesnt include you. however, if you are really as "good" as you say you are, you should humble up.
Thats totally wrong

No share = no dev seriously?
Old 06/18/2016, 16:32   #36

There is a difference between sharing and contributing.

No offence to LastThief, but I wouldnt consider him a contributor either. He is an excellent programmer but mostly keeps to his own projects.

Syloxx, You may have come a long way in learning SQL but that does not make you a developer or contributor and your attitude towords yourself and others absolutely does not make you professional.

I have contributed more then both of you with sroconnect alone but I want nothing to do with this silly list.

Out of your suggestions I would agree with Kokspflanze, but thats it. Simply because his cms and template is so widely used by servers. Cherno was mentioned as well and I agree, despite being difficult to work with.
Old 06/18/2016, 16:39   #37

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,472
Quote:
Fact is that he just take other People works and claim it as his work

Just like every 0815 arab (that he is)

Thats totally wrong

No share = no dev seriously?
I never took anyone's work and claimed it's mine, you are just proving you are dumbfuck over and over lol

EDIT : Why do you think calling me "arab" will get me mad ? I never denied my Egyptian origins, please **** off already.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/18/2016, 17:00   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlock View Post
There is a difference between sharing and contributing.

No offence to LastThief, but I wouldnt consider him a contributor either. He is an excellent programmer but mostly keeps to his own projects.

Syloxx, You may have come a long way in learning SQL but that does not make you a developer or contributor and your attitude towords yourself and others absolutely does not make you professional.

I have contributed more then both of you with sroconnect alone but I want nothing to do with this silly list.

Out of your suggestions I would agree with Kokspflanze, but thats it. Simply because his cms and template is so widely used by servers. Cherno was mentioned as well and I agree, despite being difficult to work with.
Well, the question is how contibuting is defined

If I start a server without much and nice features but nice advertisement so I get like 1000 players

Is this a contribute?

Or if I help servers they don't have that good developers to improve the quality of the server... Is this a contribute

Both actually keeps players busy and the adv. quality of sro servers rises
Old 06/18/2016, 17:12   #39

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 2,699
Wow you guys are hilarious.
Well i guess its time to say a few things.
a) - good developer -
you cant easily judge by the programming language somebody is using, ofc you have most freedom with C/C++/ASM, but ever tried to program something bigger in ASM? its hella work. the way you would usually go is to just to code your regular c/c++ and try to find a few tweaks for asm optimization, although you'd rarely find one, as nowadays compilers do a frigging good joob. something university taught me ( i find myself holding a b.sc. in biochem and one in computer science ) is that its not necessarily about the language you use, but your creativity of developing algorithms. porting them is actually easy. performancewise it doesnt matter in this particular subject, we are not doing some super steezy algorithms to calculate how molecules connect or proteins fold ( i've done work in that field, trust me its hard), where we need tons of computing power. despite this, i suck at networking stuff. i can do the basic stuff but i wouldnt want to do much more. (i even made a sro bot once, but dude what's that all about?) well im starting to drift into OT... to keep it short: development is a wide field, you shouldnt judge about somebodys qualities by gamerelated developing like silkroad.

b) - advancing sro files / protecting your stuff -
Well... Writing a good packer, code virtualizer, obfuscater, w/e is plenty of work and pretty much the job of 2 people. A mathematician for the algorithmic part and a programmer to realize it.(much simplified) you can't just easily protect your stuff. there's always a way, i wont go much into detail right now, but if you have questions, ill try to answer them as far as i can.
advancing sro files isnt that hard, as most parts are not hardcoded and those things that are, can be altered quite easily in most cases (like levelcap) and even the navmesh stuff isnt implemented that difficult ( in comparison to how other games handle it), but you cant just easily fix known bugs just by asm changes, most stuff would require us to obtain source codes and recompile with fitting edits.
if you really want to provide new content to the game, the way to go, would be to write an emulated server from scratch and implement a few ways to make sure things go the way you wish ( for example having your own loader that verifies with your serverlar and inject a dll (which needs to be protected as well all over) into the sro.exe to handle some verifying tasks while you play, so things happen your way.
best example is the dupe bug with SN, did you fix that? if you did, please tell me how, much curious such wow.

man i suck at writing. i'm really losing my central theme over and over.
just hoping you get what i'm saying. there's some stuff you can do with srvlar files, but not quite much in comparison with what you could do with an emulator and own stuff.
and being a good developer doesnt mean to be hyper hyper in c(w or w/o ++), or being able to do everything super duper cool, it just means you have a field, where you excell.
protection is hard to achieve, dont underestimate it.
coding language doesnt matter for something like sro , or sro server emulation, we dont need perfect performance, neither do we need to have kernel access for what we are doing.

well just fuck it.
anybody brazzers prem?

oh and completely on topic:

cap 10, i never got beyond those creepy turtles, northside of jangan.
Old 06/18/2016, 17:23   #40
CheeseBurger !!

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo123 View Post
oh and completely on topic:

cap 10, i never got beyond those creepy turtles, northside of jangan.
You missed the fun, few years ago someone created a low cap server (30) it was hilarious.
Honestly (personal opinion) I would love to play on a low cap server just for fun.
Old 06/18/2016, 17:36   #41

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
You missed the fun, few years ago someone created a low cap server (30) it was hilarious.
Honestly (personal opinion) I would love to play on a low cap server just for fun.
wow, once i decide to make a basically serious post, you just take the troll part out and take the rest for granted. qq
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/18/2016, 18:13   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo123 View Post
wow, once i decide to make a basically serious post, you just take the troll part out and take the rest for granted. qq
I appreciated your post.
Old 06/18/2016, 19:38   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
And guess how many people were involved to that project:

Old 06/18/2016, 20:48   #44
Trade Restricted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
I have a few concerns tho about the "ONE OF THE BEST VSRO DEVELOPERS CERTIFIED KRAL BOY"

Here tho, I spotted some lies in a post you've made before xD

yeh and I'd pick a D9 sv ^^
this community just cant stop being dickheads i bet u're 16 or smth or had tough childhood didn't you ?

Quote:
TBH i doubt that.

considerable Developers:
-Mixizi (my Friend and the best website developer in the SRO Community)
-Syloxx
-Akasch (i don't know his current Knowledge because we haven't much Contact anymore PS: Wenn du das liest meld dich mal bei Skype da ich ja jetzt Täglich in Bonn bin können wir uns ja treffen chill zur Zeit wenn gutes Wetter ist mit paar weibern im Hofgarten. Aber so richtig geile weiber gibt es in Bonn auch net wa?!?)
-Kokspflanze (well hes ok but conpared to Mixizi... meh)
-Exo (i think he develop some Stuff but idk his Knowledge but hes an arab so )
actually no body cares ok ? also this isn't related to the thread

"my friend" are u really showing off being a friend with " considerable developeres " ?

still , nobody cares buddy
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/19/2016, 00:26   #45

elite*gold: 1337
Quote:
You cried to WeeMan to code a packetfilter in c++ for you to make money from instead of coding it yourself.
Thanks
5 Users
Closed Thread