Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Regarding paid releases

Discussion on Regarding paid releases within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: Should paid services be TBM exclusive, even if a demo is offered?
Yes 27 39.71%
No 27 39.71%
"I dont care" 14 20.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Staff Regarding paid releases

I have come to notice that there are some threads on the release section that advertise a service with a free release, extending the features by paying

Because I don't like to be the one that takes a decision without consulting other users(that goes for you too, Nectix and Callum), I'm opening a a thread/poll to serve as a way to measure your opinions

Although we are open to suggestions, this poll is merely symbolic and the ultimate decision, even if not well received, will be chosen by the mod team

Anyway, I'll like to thank you all in advance and will be answering and posting any doubt about the topic

Old 10/05/2015, 05:45   #2
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Reserved for final answer
Old 10/05/2015, 06:15   #3

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
As long as someone is offering a part of his product for free instead of using elitepvpers as a place for pure advertisement then i'm fine with that, so "I don't really care" xD
Old 10/05/2015, 06:51   #4

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Whether a free service or not both should be at the BM section in my opinion (protection releases)
Old 10/05/2015, 10:19   #5
dotCom

elite*gold: 12400
The Black Market: 104/0/0
Received Thanks: 4,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickedNite View Post
As long as someone is offering a part of his product for free instead of using elitepvpers as a place for pure advertisement then i'm fine with that, so "I don't really care" xD
Agree.
If you have a "free" version why not ?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
Whether a free service or not both should be at the BM section in my opinion (protection releases)
trading is in my opinion not a paid services like protection.
Old 10/05/2015, 10:29   #6

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickedNite View Post
+1
Old 10/05/2015, 11:54   #7

elite*gold: 56
Well aslong as the free part is usefull and not just **** to advetise the own service its ok

but if its like "here you have a free Windows Form with disabled features, but to use any of these features you have to buy it " then it should be closed.

and sure, my example is exaggerated but i think you guys know what i mean.

But well, guys keep in mind that some of this retarted kids brought us to this point "lets exploit servers and ask for money"

sure some people develop ****** filters and sell them what theses guys expected?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/05/2015, 16:03   #8

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
These kind of releases always follow one of these scenarios:

1)The service is totally free for a period of time (trial), then it's limited to paying users [should be closed once the trial period is over or moved to the BM]

2)The service has some open features and other premium features [is ok in case these open features are useful]

So as long as the demo is there I see nothing against having it in the releases section. Less people visit Silkroad BM these days you know. But this would need some restrictions as well (maybe new rules if this one gets applied) no vouching, recommendations, etc. The thread should be a pure discussion about the service and none should complain about the trades there.
Old 10/07/2015, 11:37   #9

Released things should be 100% free, 24/7, 31/12.

Otherwise it's just advertising a service and that section is not the place.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/07/2015, 12:29   #10
dotCom

elite*gold: 12400
The Black Market: 104/0/0
Received Thanks: 4,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkmanlol10 View Post
Released things should be 100% free, 24/7, 31/12.

Otherwise it's just advertising a service and that section is not the place.
When you are working on a bot or huge project and want to collect some donations just for your work, nobody will every donate.

So they create a free & premium version.
Putting this programm now in the "dead" Blackmarket - Silkroad section where only a few people looking is counterproductive and I guess the releases are less.
Old 10/07/2015, 12:53   #11

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsome View Post
So they create a free & premium version.
Putting this programm now in the "dead" Blackmarket - Silkroad section where only a few people looking is counterproductive and I guess the releases are less.
Nope.
The BM section is made for a reason and exactly for these type of releases/offers.
totally different than the free release one, you don't have to ask for something in return, It's more like you're saying ''The ****** section is inactive/dead''
so why don't we close it ?
It doesn't really matter actually if you're saying the section there lacks the activates so it's only a matter of time and eventually you will see hella of spam there .. if that's your goal.
and at least in my opinion it would be easier for moderators there to handle it instead of watching portal cleaning the mess every time.
Old 10/10/2015, 13:50   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
Nope.
It doesn't really matter actually if you're saying the section there lacks the activates so it's only a matter of time and eventually you will see hella of spam there .. if that's your goal.
Didn't you say something similar to that when I suggested combining the sro and private sro discussion sections due to the lack of activity? cause a few months have passed now and it's even worse now, just saying.
Old 10/17/2015, 12:20   #13

LOL! what an idea
Old 10/17/2015, 21:21   #14

It does not really matter, because on those days releases contains mostly stolen stuff or **** without any content. But i guess it is part of the so called "community"...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/03/2015, 23:35   #15

elite*gold: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
These kind of releases always follow one of these scenarios:

1)The service is totally free for a period of time (trial), then it's limited to paying users [should be closed once the trial period is over or moved to the BM]

2)The service has some open features and other premium features [is ok in case these open features are useful]

So as long as the demo is there I see nothing against having it in the releases section. Less people visit Silkroad BM these days you know. But this would need some restrictions as well (maybe new rules if this one gets applied) no vouching, recommendations, etc. The thread should be a pure discussion about the service and none should complain about the trades there.
+1