Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] Private SRO Releases!

Discussion on [Discussion] Private SRO Releases! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: What do you think?
The section is fine as it is. 3 17.65%
Yes, it needs some more restrictions. 12 70.59%
I agree/disagree to something [please reply with more details]. 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08/04/2015, 13:44   #16

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,066
I like that, keeping the section clean is always a good thing.

The sad thing is that not only this section (particular in SRO Scene needs a cleanup/restrictions)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/04/2015, 14:54   #17

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br.Abdelfattah View Post
Let me say an application with virus , backdoor , malware , Trojans , etc
Must be deleted and the user must be punish for that , and the mods are the response for something like that .

Permanent ban.

As for reviewing threads themselves which don't contain downloads and literally only a wall of text or such, I don't really think that's entirely necessary because it's an unneeded extra amount of work load, of course I don't have a problem with doing that and I doubt Nectix and Portal do either, but I do agree this section needs a clean up and I think when I get home in an hour I'll grab my laptop and see what I can do.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/04/2015, 15:27   #18

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
Permanent ban.

As for reviewing threads themselves which don't contain downloads and literally only a wall of text or such, I don't really think that's entirely necessary because it's an unneeded extra amount of work load, of course I don't have a problem with doing that and I doubt Nectix and Portal do either, but I do agree this section needs a clean up and I think when I get home in an hour I'll grab my laptop and see what I can do.
You can clean it for sure but then after a while it's going to end up being the same unless a few more restrictions were added.
Old 08/04/2015, 15:30   #19

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
You can clean it for sure but then after a while it's going to be end up being the same unless a few more restrictions were added.

The hard part is whether the admins will accept the restrictions or not.
Old 08/04/2015, 19:18   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
The hard part is whether the admins will accept the restrictions or not.
Well, we should discuss it internally here for a while until we reach a final suggestion then we can try to convince them.
Old 08/04/2015, 20:35   #21

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,455
Really like this :
Explains alot.
Old 08/05/2015, 03:16   #22

elite*gold: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1Q B0SS View Post

Private SRO Exploits/Hacks/Bots/Guides
I explained what i wanted to say coping quotes of an edited post doesn't seem good.
Old 08/06/2015, 10:22   #23

Quote:
Hello guys,
Lately, I have been checking the latest releases at and sadly I noticed that the quality of the releases are lower than ever.

There's something you need to know before I go on. Not every release is being reviewed before it's public, only the ones that contains attachments and sometimes some download links. They're being reviewed to confirm their safety. This is not what I will be talking about, I mean something completely different.

To get straight to the point, I would suggest that every release either it has something to download or not should be reviewed and compared to a given standard then decided whether it fits the forum needs or not. The current scene is just a shame. After years and years of development and this is what we see at the first page? It's simply unacceptable.

Depending on your opinions if you guys agreed I will talk to the Mods and then forward this to the administration to edit the section. It could be too much work again for the mods but I guess it's better this way.

• What I am suggesting is: [Be sure that this could be changed once we start discussing]
    • Every new thread should be reviewed before we can see it on board.
    • Small guides that were posted before somewhere here or at the Ask the experts section shouldn't be allowed.
    • Creating a sticky thread for such releases ^.
    • A release should be 100% posted in here. No redirected links/blogs to download whatever is there. You are releasing on this forum so keep it on this forum.
    • Duplicates, of course, shouldn't be allowed. I have seen many re-releases while the first one is still available with a working links.

Exactly what type of releases are you talking about? I must say that i do enjoy them all even the smallest SQL-queries and as i can see you've been around here for less than a year and i'm not sure you really knows what you're talking about. I've been in this section for 6 years now and one of very few 1st generation private-sro:ers that's still out there and active. The releases now are 10x better than it was for lets say 3-4 years ago when all we had was the mBot crack release which i helped out with and lolkpop's AutoIT coded autopots.
Old 08/06/2015, 10:28   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRayz View Post
Exactly what type of releases are you talking about? I must say that i do enjoy them all even the smallest SQL-queries and as i can see you've been around here for less than a year and i'm not sure you really knows what you're talking about. I've been in this section for 6 years now and one of very few 1st generation private-sro:ers that's still out there and active. The releases now are 10x better than it was for lets say 3-4 years ago when all we had was the mBot crack release which i helped out with and lolkpop's AutoIT coded autopots.
I never said that we shouldn't have this kind of releases at the section. Just since they are being repeated over and over I suggested having a sticky thread for SQL queries that aren't providing any new knowledge.
Old 08/08/2015, 01:03   #25

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRayz View Post
Wanna know what bullshit is? If you dont agree that the releases is full of useless BULLSHIT, then you are either extremely degenerated or blind (which is a form of degeneration in the end).

Thanks
1 User
Old 08/08/2015, 04:31   #26

Totally agreeing with you, Exo.
The only kind of releases which were a "Wow" effect was for me, and IMO, SQL smart searching, immediate item additions to specific user queries via server triggers, etc. from witchy, the eventID related SQL addition and the great UI (2dt) editor (has been released just this year, there was another kind of release, but heavily pointing to hex edit and no decryption/reader with it). Those were the most amazing ones. 5 years ago, I wasn't simply able to create complex queries, until I read some of witchy's stuff, like the GM ticket thingy. After getting into the whole eventID shizzl, combining it with the knowledge, which I gathered through multiple queries, I was able to create some neat features, which, as originally, were impossible due to hidden/hardcoded triggers and such.
The 2dt editor itself adds a great unique touch, if you are willing to invest some time into your server, or doing it (#JustDoIt), just like me, for ffs fun and love, just because you want to.

There are some releases, yes, they are pretty killing everything what Silkroad stood for.
The professional silkroad era of releasing fancy, new and useful, neat and unique additions died long time ago. I still mean that 2012 was the highest and most "glamorous" peak of pSRO ever.

Now it is just more like a ***** fight between wanna be "proxy adding, opcode changing for protection, money craving, greedily controlling and infesting everyone's server with tools *cough* cherno *cough*, conceited and illiterated"-jerks, just because nothing else has been left to do.

It's a shame, has been named, but it's for me more a weight calling it "sad". Silkroad was a good game, back in the 70's cap, where the scene started to grow.

Oh, and yeah, to the suggestion how to improve this section, pSRO scene overall and at all:
There is no Formular to fix this anymore. It is like an effing Stuxnet virus, full of trolls and idiots trying to "achieve" whatever they are up to. And not to forget those golums spread all over the scene offering some services, which no one asked for, patronizingly teaching others some useless totally misplaced bullcrap and thinking about themselves afterall "I am the best", are the worst.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/08/2015, 16:13   #27

elite*gold: 70
Releases day are dead all releases now are for money only

Quote:
I never said that we shouldn't have this kind of releases at the section. Just since they are being repeated over and over I suggested having a sticky thread for SQL queries that aren't providing any new knowledge.
I agree with you good idea
Old 08/09/2015, 01:57   #28

elite*gold: 125
Received Thanks: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblade* View Post
Elamidas. 4480 player.

THIS is what you call a peak. Not your ****** 10 servers with 800 bots and 200 players cause IP limits didnt even exist.
Esro with 6 servers was a peak for me. It never got as good as that peak anymore :'(

Edit: Yes I know esro had a monopoly position in the sro market, but that doesn't take away the fact that that was the peak time of private-silkroad.
Old 08/09/2015, 01:58   #29

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawNL View Post
Esro with 6 servers was a peak for me. It never got as good as that peak anymore :'(

Edit: Yes I know esro had a monopoly position in the sro market, but that doesn't take away the fact that that was the peak time of private-silkroad.
Because ESro was one of its type there were no competition..But Elamidas ? Everybody started copying us since then lol
Old 08/09/2015, 02:02   #30

elite*gold: 125
Received Thanks: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastThief* View Post
Because ESro was one of its type there were no competition..But Elamidas ? Everybody started copying us since then lol
Hence I said monopoly position in the market, and yup indeed Elamidas was indeed one of its kind. But then again, the biggest reason for playerbase in Elamidas was due to the name. And the 'biggest' guilds were announcing to start there etc.

Just like januera, that server was an utter failure if you compare it to other servers, yet it had what was it? 1,5k/1,5k online just because some big guilds went there, yet there were no special things in the server.

Name quality > actual gameplay features(Even tho gameplay features helps building up a name which you guys probably did with skalidor )