Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Got some Ideas? Post em!

Discussion on Got some Ideas? Post em! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 12/31/2014, 13:18   #46

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by xExorcist View Post
Not that simply most people who're still playing are the old ones who used to play it in the past, the game is not attracting any new players, probably because it's old/not updated since ages/gfx's old, so unless some guys manage to change those and start a really big project with fine advertisement and run budget, the players will only keep decreasing. We just need to fresh it's blood.
It won't work having in mind that half of the community is between 13-15 and their english limits are "10k plz. tiliport myst". There are many experienced people, but creating big team won't work for sure.. You can see my previous post about internet "pride" and you will understand what I mean. Of course it will die.. That game is pretty old and I could say that it is still one of it's kind haha. I never managed to find a game like SRO to play. Graphics most likely will never get changed on this game. Maybe if projects like the one that was running 1-2 years ago (totally recoded but SRO-like game(SRO-like = same idea/gameplay/quests/etc just better graphics) get finished.. yeah. But that's too much time wasting. Money & advertisment isn't the problem. It's dah people...
Old 12/31/2014, 13:47   #47

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
As I said, the situation won't change unless this game gets some fresh blood
Old 01/01/2015, 10:21   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablaRoyal View Post
How about this?

Remove all sort of SoX sets. Keep 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear equipment.
When an item is picked for the first time; Add random EXTRA blues/stats on it.
That actually sounds pretty cool feature that SRO has been missing for quite some time now. You could add all sorts of unique blue stats onto gear from FGW or some sort of instance for example.

What could be done to revive SRO? Nothing. The community has become toxic and cannot be pleased.
Ever since the files were released SRO went straight downhill imo.

A unique item system like Royal mentioned could be a start, but imo, EU characters would have to be removed to balance. You can't balance EU without completely breaking them. The closest I've seen to balanced EU was at Venture 85 cap.

Speaking of which, I thought Venture was one of the best servers to date.
Botting got you nowhere. Rates were low, but quests are what leveled you up quickly, lvl 80-85 you had to quest to reach cap.

Every special golden unique dropped a different piece of SoX with set bonuses, but the drops were specific to the unique so you knew what you had a chance to get.
Old 01/06/2015, 23:15   #49

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Heya guys.

Just had another moment of light bulbs, so let me write it up and get dat reaction.

Idea name: Phantom Stall.

Aim: Create a stall for characters without even being logged in, the real character can still play around normally. A fake "Phantom" character that does not exist will appear and stall your items FOR you.

Reason: We had waaay too many players last time. 4.5k was the peak, it was way too much and we did have a few lags when it went over 4k.

So we thought, why not remove all the stall players right? But consignment really sucks. So does the web stall and auctionhouse. This is a MMORPG, your not suppose to go to some website to buy items or ****. That's not what a MMORPG is about.

So while having a good smoke the following idea came to my mind.

Example:

Character name: Akasch
  • Akasch has 10 items he likes to stall.
  • He goes to DW Storage, creates a stall, puts the items into the stall.
  • Inside the stall he writes: "Save stall".
  • Akasch gets disconnected. (Temporary solution, I'll find a better way instead of DC-ing)
  • A new char appears: "Akasch's Phantom" (This is the charname).
  • Akasch's Phantom has a stall. Exactly where Akasch was standing.
  • When Akasch gets disconnected, his stalled items will be removed.
  • Akasch can relog again and do whatever the heck he wants to do, jobbing, dungeons, fapping et cetera.
  • If he doesn't want to login, he can stay offline while his Phantom is still stalling. Mr. Phantom will stand there for 48 hours at least, we can make this longer maybe. For example, you buy a silk something for Max phantom stall time of 1 week. (We will sell you optional **** that doesnt affect the real gameplay, we earn money to pay ****, you dont feel like its pay2win. win-win situation.)
  • People can buy things from Akasch's Phantom, you will get the gold added to your storage directly.

Want a bite of this?
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/06/2015, 23:49   #50

Received Thanks: 1,016
^
Excelent idea but does that really work? Is that so save to not get abused? How to transfer the gold out of the stall? What if some gold get lost? What if you dont want a Phantom-Char to stall for you because you want to show an item to get offers, while you´re afk?

Questions over questions...i guess, all gonna be answered by ya, dont you? you angel of darkness,while having a good smoke.
Old 01/07/2015, 00:30   #51

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
^
Excelent idea but does that really work? Is that so save to not get abused? How to transfer the gold out of the stall? What if some gold get lost? What if you dont want a Phantom-Char to stall for you because you want to show an item to get offers, while you´re afk?

Questions over questions...i guess, all gonna be answered by ya, dont you? you angel of darkness,while having a good smoke.
Seller gets DCed after stall is saved. Items are removed from the seller.
When the buyer buys smtn, the items go to the buyers storage.
The gold he pays goes to the sellers storage.

This keeps **** safe